Gå til innhold

Tottenham Hotspur - Diskusjonstråd

InsertNumLock

Anbefalte innlegg

Og prisen til dagens dummeste går til: Duncan Castles

Villas-Boas to leave Tottenham by the summer

The Spurs chairman is considering Glenn Hoddle as a replacement for the Portuguese coach, who was unhappy with the club's purchases in the summer transfer market

The relationship between Andre Villas-Boas and Daniel Levy has deteriorated to the point where the Tottenham boss is not expected to remain at the club beyond the summer.

According to a close friend, the Portuguese believes that he would already have been sacked had his contract not included a prohibitive penalty clause.

However, the scale of the pay-off, which commits Tottenham to ensuring that Villas-Boas earns an annual salary of at least €3 million (£2.5m) net until the summer of 2014, will have reduced by the end of the season. With that in mind, Spurs' hierarchy are already considering potential replacements for the former Porto boss.

Levy's advisers have floated the extraordinary strategy of replacing a coach who led the club to their highest Premier League points total in his first season in charge with Glenn Hoddle, who was dismissed as Tottenham boss a decade ago and has been out of top-level coaching since 2006.

Club sources say, though, that, for now, the chairman's preference is for Villas-Boas to stand down, thus avoiding the cost of compensation.

The long-standing discord between Villas-Boas and Levy was exacerbated by disagreement over the reinvestment of Gareth Bale's record €100m (£83.8m) transfer fee. Some of the club's seven summer signings were acquired against the coach's advice and the squad left imbalanced by the failure to follow it.

Integrating new players into the team has proved problematic, culminating in a 6-0 defeat at Manchester City in November. Two away victories and a draw with Manchester United since then have moved Tottenham to within three points of a Champions League qualifying place but without resolving the tension between board and boss.

A lack of support over Emmanuel Adebayor's behaviour within the dressing room – the under-performing striker has clashed with Villas-Boas on more than one occasion – and a refusal to help implement some of the Portuguese's preparation methods have angered the 36-year-old.

It is also thought that Levy would have been happy for Villas-Boas take up a lucrative offer to coach Paris Saint-Germain last summer, with Tottenham entitled to £12m (€14.3m) compensation from the French champions.

EXCLUSIVE
By Duncan Castles

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/12/09/4465661/villas-boas-to-leave-tottenham-by-the-summer?ICID=OP

Endret av el mindo
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Jeg digger at han nevner Lamela som siste person for det middags-selskapet også, tyder enten på:

A) Det jobbes for å inkludere han i gjengen.

B) Han er allerede godt inkludert.

Sandro må jo være en fantastisk inkluderende person, måtte han aldri forlate klubben!

ALDRI! *ond kakling*

Edit:

Ventet egentlig på noe som "What would I change? I'm the Beast", på temaet "You", eller "Ofcourse I didn't cry, beast don't cry" når han tuller om at han gråt da han fikk spille med Ronaldo :p

Endret av Snurreleif
Lenke til kommentar

Ja Vertonghen har alltid hatt et "sært kroppsspråk", men i det siste har han virket oppgitt og lei ihvertfall når ting butter i mot.

Tror han vil bli sjeleglad for å få spille stopper igjen, forhåpentligvis ved siden av Chiriches.

Rose og Walker med Lennon og Chadli/Lamela på "riktig side" kan gi oss et helt annet tempo i angrepsspillet, blir moro om Soldado får prøve seg med Lennon på banen samtidig.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...