Gå til innhold

Eldre papirer, beste obevaring?

Nidaroo

Anbefalte innlegg

Har i det siste kommet over endel eldre papirer fra min tipp-oldefar og min oldefar.

Det er utenlandske brev, rekninger og noe "verdi" papir, som jeg svært gjerne ser lys på å få se på noe nærmere 100 år etter, de engang skrev & tok i papirene.

For å bevare disse papirene, både mot at skriften ikke skal blasse bort, og at jeg og mine etterkommere, skal kunne få se på det i senere tid(hvis det så skjer ^^). Lurer jeg på hva som er det beste.

Helt mørkt rom, som en safe eller liknende?

Håper det er noen historikere her, som vet hva man bør gjøre for best mulig oppbevaring. ^^

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Storage methods and materials

Ideal conditions are difficult to achieve in the home environment, but minimising exposure to light, dust, heat and damp will help to preserve your documents. Sheds, roof-spaces and damp areas are not suitable for storing papers.

Sheet protectors and display books are convenient for storing originals or duplicates, but look for polypropylene or polyethylene products which are chemically inert. For delicate items, use an acid-free paper or card support, especially when inserting or withdrawing from envelopes.

Avoid laminating, which is an irreversible process of embedding a document in plastic and permanently alters unique items. Do not use pressure-sensitive adhesive tapes on tears, as they can cause bad stains and irreversible damage. In good housing, small tears can be lived with; otherwise, consult a conservator.

Archival storage containers with close-fitting lids provide a stable microclimate. They will keep out dust, light and pests and reduce fluctuations in temperature and humidity. Containers should be designed to fit the object so that it need not be folded or otherwise adapted to fit. Storage boxes need to be sturdy enough to withstand handling and the weight of the contents.

Large format material is best stored in a plan cabinet with shallow drawers. Interleave with strong acid-free paper and do not overfill drawers. Portfolios are suitable for smaller collections, if housed horizontally. Avoid rolling large items (e.g., maps); but if this is unavoidable, it is safer to roll around a large diameter tube which is then covered with a sturdy material and clearly labelled.

http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/services/conserv...ides/paper.html

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...