Gå til innhold

Warhammer Online - NDA forventet å bli løftet 19.08.08

Anbefalte innlegg

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/sh...108#post1127108

Nyttig info, samt NDA forsvinner imorgen.

Open Beta, Preview Weekend, NDA, etc.

Folks,

I'm going to be posting a lot over the next few days but here's a quick update/explanation of where things stand now:

1) As to the type of Open Beta that we are having, I've said for over three years that our Open Beta is not going to be a "Everybody come into the pool, the water's fine!" type of Open Beta. We have never been interested in just having hundreds of thousands of people beat against our servers just so a few thousand can get in. I'm not familiar with any MMORPG company offering an OB where they can support everyone who wants in to the OB. OBs are usually limited in the number of servers/amount of bandwidth that is available for the OB players. If you offer an OB with an almost unlimited number of keys (or keys that vastly outnumber server capacity), you're either really using to stress test your login process or doing it solely as a PR move. I'd rather have an OB where we know the size of the potential player pool and have enough servers and bandwidth so people can actually get into our OB. We'll be distributing lots of keys to our OB with our partners, just as other MMO developers have done in the past. More on this down the road a bit.

2) As to the length of the OB, we have never said that it was going to be a month nor have we ever hinted at it that. The vast majority of OBs run by MMORPG companies have not lasted a month. Is a week too short? I wish we could have made it longer (maybe 2 weeks) but the timing just didn't work out. OB is the last hurdle before the game goes LIVE and with the added Preview Weekend, we lost a few days that might have been able to go into the OB. So, for those that pre-ordered the game, the added Preview Weekend gives you some extra time before the OB. For those that haven't pre-ordered the game and are upset that the OB isn't long enough of a time to tell if you like the game, then I'll say the same thing I've also said for years, then wait a few days or a week, etc. until after the game launches and decide then. Frankly, once the NDA lifts and with the information storm that will follow its release, I can't imagine that players won't have enough time and information to make an informed buying decision.

3) As to the lifting of the NDA and the start of Open Beta, I've been very clear on the fact that the two things are not related at all.

4) As to the NDA, we expect to lift it tomorrow morning. I was hoping it was going to be today but I wanted to wait till I got the beta reports from the weekend and we just didn't have enough time to get everything coordinated with our partners in order for the press release to go out today. This is not the fault of GOA at all, we just had a lot of data to go through and by the time we did that, it would have been too late to put out the release today. As to the three issues that were holding up the release, I'll be discussing them tomorrow. While I wish that we could have lifted the NDA a couple of weeks ago, I'll explain why tomorrow. Given how many MMOs/games don't lift the NDA until launch (or just before or in some cases, never), our lifting it more than 4 weeks (only slightly but it's still 4+ weeks out), is more than sufficient for all the information about the game to hit the Internet.

5) As to the "Why am I downloading the client weeks in advance" stuff, well, it's because we wanted to avoid the situation where we tell people that OB is starting in a week and then people couldn't get the client in time. If we had done that, there would have been lots and lots of posts saying "Epic Fail Mythic, I couldn't get the client in time for your OB!!!!' if things went wrong. By allowing people to download the client early, everybody will have plenty of time to get the client. While I'm usually quite willing to admit when we make a mistake, letting people get the client early is not a mistake, it is simply another way to make it easier for people to get the client. Given the issues with the Torrent solution we used, anyone who says that we are wrong to let people download the client early is simply looking to bash us for no reason.

6) As to how people are going to get the client, as has been speculated, we have added FilePlanet to our file distribution methods. As promised, you do not have to be a FP subscriber to download the client. By retaining both our current methods and by adding FP, we are once again making it more convenient for players to get our game. Additionally, when the game goes LIVE, we will be using our own Mythic Patcher to download updates to the game just as we did with DAoC in addition to other possible methods.

So, that's the quick update for now.

Mark

Så da venter jeg i spenning på infoen rundt spillet, som blir sluppet fra og med morgen dagen og utover. Blir vi å se positiv tilbakemeldinger om spillet, kommer vel hypen rundt spillet til å nå nye høyder, vil jeg tippe.

Endret av Nitrius
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
så åpent beta startr når?

(ja jeg er lat å har ikke gidda å lese gjennom alt om det står der)

edit: gadd plutselig å lese, åpen beta starter ikke før ca 8 september!? :o

Jævla GOA og opplegget generelt, nå har jeg ventet på nyheter siden 15 aug (virker som en evighet siden). Men neida, det eneste de suppekokerene greier å få opp på sida si, er når ditt og datt vises på MTV etc. Ikke et ord om det som virkelig betyr noe, når kan vi registrert open beta keyen, når kan vi laste ned klienten og sist men ikke minst, når kan vi begynne å spille Open beta......

Som vanlig måtte jeg gå på en amerikanske siden til warhammer (www.warhammeronline.com) under herald for å finne noen som helst informasjon om dette eksplosive temaet, og til min store skuffelse sto det at "vi" må vente helt til den 7 september med å spille Open beta, jeg mener, hva er poenget? Kunne likegodt ha ventet til 3 dager før launch slik som CE. kjøperene får. Blir bare så forbanna, fordi jeg har så jævlig lyst til å spille spillet.

Nå gidder jeg ikke å sjekke siten lenger, mista håpet liksom...........men, men når det kommer så er jeg klar. Pokkers GOA.

Endret av Hotman
Lenke til kommentar

@Hotman: Sjekk ut denne tråden: http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=53910

I en av postene fra GOA folket, så sier de at open beta vil starte likt for oss som med us.

Edit: Her var posten: http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/sh...757#post1122757

Will EU get the same amount of time in open beta as the us?

Yes.

Endret av Nitrius
Lenke til kommentar
Nei, det som står der betyr bare at vi vil få like lang open beta som US og ikke at det starter likt.

Vel, EU og US gir ut spillet samtidig, og hvis OB skal vare like lenge, og HS er akkurat like lang hos EU og US, så må begge starte samtidig...

OB starter 8. september, god nok tid til å laste ned spillet for EU, siden 28. august starter SE pre-order programmet.

Endret av Bruktbilen
Lenke til kommentar
så åpent beta startr når?

(ja jeg er lat å har ikke gidda å lese gjennom alt om det står der)

edit: gadd plutselig å lese, åpen beta starter ikke før ca 8 september!? :o

Jævla GOA og opplegget generelt, nå har jeg ventet på nyheter siden 15 aug (virker som en evighet siden). Men neida, det eneste du suppekokerene greier å få opp på sida si, er når ditt og datt vises på MTV etc.

følte meg litt truffet :p

litt mer ontopic (trur jeg) :

trodde virkelig at jeg skulle få 1 hel mnd med open beta jeg kunne kose meg med, men jeg tok vist feil :cry: .

hadde aldri preordera CE om jeg viste at jeg bare fikk få dager forsprang på headstart SE.. :(

Endret av ezkoo125
Lenke til kommentar
hadde aldri preordera CE om jeg viste at jeg bare fikk få dager forsprang på headstart SE.. :(

Ingen interesse for en 128 siders hardcover grafisk novelle, en 224 siders hardcover art bok, en meita miniatyr samt ingame exp bonus, items, quester og character looks?

Og for hva, 3 hundrelapper?

Endret av Zappy
Lenke til kommentar

Ingen interesse for en 128 siders hardcover grafisk novelle, en 224 siders hardcover art bok, en meita miniatyr samt ingame exp bonus, items, quester og character looks?

CE koster da 700kr da, men spørshvordan du teker: 300kr for spillet normalt + 300 for de tingan du nevnte.

(faktisk ja, jeg har mer eller mindre null intresse for alle de tingan, men når du sier det på den måten så er det jo bare 300kr ekstra så det er vel egentli ikke så ille.

Lenke til kommentar

CE koster da 700kr da, men spørshvordan du teker: 300kr for spillet normalt + 300 for de tingan du nevnte.

(faktisk ja, jeg har mer eller mindre null intresse for alle de tingan, men når du sier det på den måten så er det jo bare 300kr ekstra så det er vel egentli ikke så ille.

Jeg vil nesten si at om en noen gang skulle kjøpe en CE så er Warhammer Online den en burde kjøpe. Om en driter i det fysiske du får med og tenker på ting i selve spillet så er vel WAR det eneste CE jeg vet om hvor innholdet du får i selve spillet faktisk kan være "verdt" å skaffe.

Spesiele quests som ingen andre får, spesiele titler,items fra quest og ikke minst mulighet for spesiele ansikt til figuren din som igjen ingen andre en CE eiere kan bruke.

Lenke til kommentar

fant dette på en post på warhammeralliance gjelder skjermkort..

For the sake of the casual PC user I will break cards down into sectors of power and class. One common mis-conception on graphics cards is that “a high number means it is better” sometimes it can be quite the opposite.

Take in mind screen resolution is also a factor on game speed. A game running 1024x768 will run much faster than a game running 1440x900. The stats for these games have been based off a middle ground resolution such as 1280x1024

Class 1 Cards, The Super Heroes: Class 1 Cards will rock your world, you will be able to play everything on max settings on almost any modern PC game with these bad boys of gaming. Expect 70+ fps (as long as the rest of your system is up to par)

Nvidia Geforce 9800 Series - (All Versions) DX10 PCI-E

Nvidia Geforce 8800 Series - (All Versions) DX10 PCI-E

Nvidia Geforce 9600 Series - (All Versions) DX10 PCI-E

ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series - (All versions) DX10 PCI-E or AGP

ATI Radeon HD 2900 Series - (All versions) DX10 PCI-E

Nvidia Geforce GTX 260, GTX 280 Series - (All versions) PCI-E

ATI Radeon 4850, 4870 Series - (All versions) PCI-E

-----

Class 2 Cards, The Tough Guys: With these tough guys you will be able to run on max, or at least very high and your probably not going to be lagging much either on the newest games Expect 40-60fps. (as long as the rest of your system is up to par)

ATI Radeon HD 3650 Series (All versions) DX10 PCI-E - Slightly cheaper than the Geforce 8600, and more powerful in general.

Nvidia Geforce 8600 Series - (All Versions) DX10 PCI-E If your getting this card, I recommend the XFX Fatal1ty version.

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Series - (All versions) DX10 AGP and PCI-E

Nvidia Geforce 7800/7900 Series - (All versions) DX9 AGP and PCI-E

Radeon X1900/X1950 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP and PCI-E

Nvidia Geforce 7600 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP and PCI-E Old, but still strong.

ATI Radeon X1600/1650 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP and PCI-E Old, but still strong.

ATI Radeon X800 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP and PCI-E Old, but still strong.

S3 Chrome 440 Series - (All versions) DX10 PCI-E

ATI Radeon HD 3450 Series (All versions) DX10 PCI-E Should get you by on medium.

Nvidia Geforce 8500 Series - (All Versions) PCI-E About the same as the above card.

-----

Class 3 Cards, The Average Guys These are the average guys, they can probably handle medium settings and medium resolution, you might have to turn a few settings down on low. Tweaked properly these could probably maintain a 30ish fps on most modern games. (as long as the rest of your system is up to par)

Nvidia Geforce 8400 Series (All versions) DX10 PCI-E Should get you by on medium.

S3 Chrome 430 Series - (All versions) DX10 PCI-E Should get you by on medium.

ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series (All versions) DX10 PCI-E

Nvidia Geforce 6800 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP and PCI-E

Intel GMA X4500 Integrated Graphics

S3 Chrome S27 (All versions) (DX9) PCI-E If you can actually find one of these rare cards I think it would do alright on the game.

ATI Radeon X1300 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP and PCI-E

Radeon X1550 Series (All versions) DX9 PCI, PCI-E and AGP

Nvidia Geforce FX5900/5950 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP and PCI-E

ATI Radeon 9800 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP

ATI Radeon X700 Series (All versions) (DX9) AGP and PCI-E

Nvidia Geforce FX5800 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP This card is as low as I would go and still expect general playability on lower medium.

Nvidia Geforce 6600 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP and PCI-E This card is as low as I would go and still expect general playability on lower medium.

------

Class 4 Cards, The Weak Guys

These guys are a little to weak for Warhammer online, but may get you by on World of Warcraft.

ATI Radeon 9600/9700 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP

Geforce FX5600/5700 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP

Nvidia Geforce 7200/7300 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP and PCI-E

Nvidia Geforce 7100 Series Integrated

Intel GMA X3000 Integrated

S3 GammaChrome S18 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP

------

Class 5 Cards, The Deceased

The dead guys... these cards either won't run any modern game very well or will probably get you unplayable FPS. No amount of tweaking is going to same these death bed ridden and sickly old men.

Intel GMA 900-950 (Integrated graphics) (DX9) Integrated

Nvidia Geforce 6100 (Integrated Graphics) (DX9) Integrated

ATI Radeon 9500 (All versions) (DX9) AGP

Nvidia Geforce FX5200/FX5500 Series (All versions) DX9 PCI and AGP

S3 DeltaChrome S8 Series (All versions) DX9 PCI-E

Nvidia Geforce 6200/6400 Series (All versions) DX9 PCI, PCI-E and AGP

ATI Radeon X600 - X550 Series (All versions) DX9 AGP

ATI Radeon X1050 Series (All versions) DX9 PCI-E

Intel GMA 800-850 (Integrated Graphics) DX8/DX9

S3 Delta Chrome S4 (Only one version) DX9

S3 Chrome 9 (Integrated Graphics) DX9

ATI Radeon 9200 Series (All versions) DX9

Geforce 2,3 and 4 Series (All versions) DX7/DX8

Voodoo Graphics (All versions) DX6/DX7

ATI Rage (All versions) DX7

S3 Savage/Virge/Trio (All versions) DX6/DX7

tenkte den kunne være nytting for noen, så vet de cirka hvor skjermkortet deres ligger :)

Endret av ezkoo125
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...