Gå til innhold

Hva er ditt favoritt-sitat?

Anbefalte innlegg

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened. - Douglas Adams

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair. - Douglas Adams

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Den mannen har sagt så ufattelig mye genialt! :love:

Kronjuvelen blant hans sitater

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own set of laws." -Douglas Adams

Endret av Ceburger
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Pray: To ask the laws of the universe to be annulled on behalf of a single petitioner

- Ambrose Bierce

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason

- Benjamin Franklin

God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

- Ukjent

Religion teaches the dangerous nonsense that death is not the end.

- Richard Dawkins

Religion is the lazy man's path to understanding the world.

- Ukjent

Every religion in the world that has destroyed people is based on love.

- Anton Lavey

Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death

- Albert Einstein

By simple common sense I don't believe in God

- Charlie Chaplin

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence

- Ukjent

Everyone starts out being an atheist. No one is born with belief in anything. Infants are atheists until they are indoctrinated

- Andy Rooney

You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe

- Carl Sagan

The Bible is a book that has been read more, and examined less, than any book that ever existed.

- Thomas Paine

Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense

- Chapman Cohen

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason

- Gustaf Lindborg

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world

- Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins er definitivt den som har flest gullkorn på dette temaet, sammen med Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson og Carl Sagan. Mye har blitt nevnt allerede.

Jeg kunne postet selv, men det hadde nok blitt omtrent det samme som Syvertsen her. ;)

Lenke til kommentar

Jeg synes dette sitatet fra Richard Dawkins er ganske inspirerende;

You could give Aristotle a tutorial. And you could thrill him to the core of his being. Aristotle was an encyclopedic polymath, an all time intellect. Yet not only can you know more than him about the world. You also can have a deeper understanding of how everything works. Such is the privilege of living after Newton, Darwin, Einstein, Planck, Watson, Crick and their colleagues.

Og for meg som lengter tilbake til den gangen det republikanske partiet var ekte konservative er dette fra Barry Goldwater fantastisk;

On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.

I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?

And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."

Endret av Glortelion
Lenke til kommentar
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.

I plan to live forever, or die trying

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.

Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.

I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the position.

In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language.

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand.

There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.
Lenke til kommentar
  • 1 måned senere...

Michael Shermer, "profet" og grunnlegger av The Skeptics Society:

Within a decade, maybe two or three, Christians will come around to treating gays no differently than they now treat other groups whom they previously persecuted — women, Jews, blacks — but not because of some new interpretation of a biblical passage, or because of a new revelation from God. These changes will come about the same way that they always do: by the oppressed minority fighting for the right to be treated equally, and by a few enlightened members of the oppressing majority supporting their cause.

Then what will happen is that Christians will take credit for the civil liberation of gays, dig through the historical record and fine a few Christian bloggers or preachers who had the courage and the character to stand up for Gay rights when their fellow Christians would not, and then cite those as evidence that were it not for Christianity gays would not be equal.

Endret av BlueBench
Lenke til kommentar

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

- Dom Helder Camara

"Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."

- The Buddha

Lenke til kommentar

dette er kanskje en av de viktigste fra den moderne tiden

There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...