Gå til innhold

Newcastle United Football Club

oddi_loff

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Stewart Downing has revealed Newcastle enquired about signing him prior to his move to West Ham.

Downing, who left Liverpool to join West Ham earlier this month, made his first start for the Hammers in their goalless draw against Newcastle on Saturday.

The 29-year-old admits he was interested in a move to Newcastle, but says he felt that the Newcastle hierarchy blocked Alan Pardew pushing through a deal because of his age and his wages.

"There were things going on in the background and Newcastle enquired about me," Downing told the Daily Mirror

"But it sounds like their owners are similar to Liverpool on transfer fees and wages and the player's age.

"That all comes into the equation, and I think that was obviously a problem for Alan Pardew.

"It was a move I was interested in and I looked at it, but when I spoke to Sam Allardyce he wanted me straight away.

"He pushed the boat out to get me, and there's nothing more you want as a player."

Hadde ikke lyst på Downing, men måten ting skjer på i Newcastle virker helt på tryne. Det er ikke noe rart denne klubben går til helvete.

Lenke til kommentar

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3m

According to France Football, Newcastle have rejected another 23 million euro bid from Arsenal for Yohan Cabaye. #AFC #NUFC #PSG

Og:

Yohan Cabaye given France warning

France national team coach Didier Deschamps has warned players such as Newcastle United's Yohan Cabaye and Paris Saint-Germain defender Mamadou Sakho they will not play for their country if they do not feature for their clubs.

Deschamps will name his squad on Thursday for Les Bleus' upcoming 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Georgia and Belarus, though told RMC neither Cabaye, 27, nor Sakho, 23, can expect to be included having not played a single minute of competitive action for their clubs this season.

"If you don't play for three weeks, how can you be in shape to play an international? It's impossible," Deschamps said.

Though L'Equipe on Tuesday contradicted reports Cabaye had gone on strike in the wake of interest from Arsenal, claiming instead the midfielder had missed Newcastle's opening two Premier League matches with the agreement of manager Alan Pardew, it also stated PSG were to reignite their pursuit of the former Lille man, whom the Magpies have valued at £20 million.

PSG, meanwhile, remain waiting for an offer for Sakho, who has declared his intention to quit the club with a year left on his current contract after struggling to dislodge Alex as the preferred partner of Thiago Silva in central defence last season, and seeing competition for places increase with the arrival of Marquinhos this summer.

Liverpool and AC Milan are both reportedly interested in acquiring the powerfully-built Paris-born defender, but Deschamps warned both Sakho and others seeking a move they should choose their next step carefully if they want to enhance their chances at international level.

"There was a time when I took Mamadou Sakho when he was playing one match in two or three. Since the Champions Trophy, he's not got onto the pitch. He's fully aware that he can't hope to be called up for France," he said.

"I don't ask them anything. They're free to pursue their careers. But they know very well, and it's the same for everyone, you need a minimum of playing time. In certain clubs, there's competition. But you have to have minutes on the pitch, start games, to be able to hope to play for France."

Og Cisse, ass:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/papiss-cisse-opens-doors-newcastle-5789391?

Han fremstår i det minste som en jævlig bra fyr, i motsetning til så alt for mange fotballspillere. Klasse!

Endret av Cutman
  • Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest medlem-105082

Ender ikke opp med noen av de. Eneste som plager meg med Ba tilbake på lån er at han ikke fungerer sammen med Cisse. Dog så begynner enten Cisse å bøtte inn mål - eller Ba. Så lenge det scores mål.

Edit:

Demba Ba og Remy må jo være en herlig kombinasjon!

Endret av medlem-105082
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest medlem-105082

Pardew sier til The Journal at kampen i dag mot Morecambe må de yngre spillerne vise seg fram og bevise at de skal få fortsette å spille for Newcastle. Dette gjelder bl.a. Sammy, Vuckic, Bigirimana, Dummett. La spesielt merke til dette:

"Bigirimana, last year we all thought in his first couple of games he’s going to make it, but he had some poor games after that.” - Pardew

Kanskje fordi du valgte å spille han på vingen i stedet for, idiot.

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest medlem-105082

Enig. Synes Bigi var et friskt pust i fjor, og spilte gode kamper der han måtte hoppe inn for enten Tiote eller Cabaye - og med tanke på at han kom fra et lag i tredjedivisjon i England og rett inn i et skadeutsatt Newcastle i bunnstrid. Når han ble satt ut på vingen i enkelte tilfeller så fungerte det selvsagt ikke. Men det er Pardew sin feil.

Hva tror dere om i kveld da? Har ikke store forhåpninger.

Endret av medlem-105082
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...