Gå til innhold

Gears of War 2-Kafeèn!

Anbefalte innlegg

Gjest Slettet+981234789

jag bare tulla, jeg har mye lengere hår og mer hår i trynet...

men det var en "event" hvor han fyren der var

EDIT: jeg var drita full hjemme i helga jeg, så jeg kunne ikke ha vært der, tror jeg... :hmm:

Endret av Slettet+981234789
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Kast gjerne dette inn i førstepost også. Det er alle maps som følger med spillet.

Drit i alle de gamle linkene osv som er i førstepost, ingen som ser på de uansett.

Redesignede Maps

Canals:

271311.jpeg

Gridlock:

271312.jpeg

Mansion:

271313.jpeg

Subway:

271314.jpeg

Tyro Station:

271315.jpeg

Nye Maps

Avalanche:

271322.jpeg

Blood Drive:

271323.jpeg

Day One:

271324.jpeg

Hail:

271325.jpeg

Jacinto:

271326.jpeg

Pavilion:

271327.jpeg

River:

271328.jpeg

Ruins:

271329.jpeg

Security:

271330.jpeg

Stasis:

271331.jpeg

Lenke til kommentar

Gears of War 1 and 2 Flashback Map Pack Side-by-Side Screenshot Comparison and Impressions

http://www.pwnordie.com/blog/posts/4152

Klikk for å se/fjerne spoilerteksten nedenfor

There is no denying that gamers are anxious to get their hands on Gears of War 2 in early November and if you buy the game brand new you will be treated with a code to download the "Flashback Map Pack" for free. This pack consists of five maps from the original Gears of War game including; Gridlock, Subway, Mansion, Tyro Station, and Canals.

Today we received screenshots of not only the original maps as they existed in Cliffy B's non-soulless first game but also from the sequel. We have placed them side by side for comparison and added our impressions after each. What do you think? Do you like the newer look and changes or would you rather keep them the way they were in GOW?

Also please keep in mind that these impressions are based entirely off of the screenshots as seen below as they are. Seeing them in action or from different perspectives could, and will likely, change our opinions.

post-78478-1224153856_thumb.jpg

Gears of War 2 Flashback Map Initial Impressions: Gridlock

The lighting of this map is impressive and changes the overall tone of the map. The mountain in the back jumped out at me first and adds scale. Also after looking at it more, the textures on the ground and in the vehicles make this map far more impressive to me in this comparison.

post-78478-1224153916_thumb.jpg

Gears of War 2 Flashback Map Initial Impressions: Subway

Again lighting has changed and the rain is gone. The buildings, both foreground and background, have more textures and there appears to be less foliage. The feeling that I get from this map is that it may look better but possibly at the cost of some character. Many of the FPS multiplayer maps we play on in current games share this exact color palette. See a a cog?

post-78478-1224153953_thumb.jpg

Gears of War 2 Flashback Map Initial Impressions: Mansion

When I think scary mansions, I think stereotypical night and rain. That is not shown in the screen from the new game. This time we get a haze and a better look at the mansion itself as well as a lamp post and foliage in the foreground. I do like that on the right side you can see the tall tree and get a feel for the environment around the residence.

post-78478-1224154007_thumb.jpg

Gears of War 2 Flashback Map Initial Impressions: Tyro Station

Tyro Station is the first of the two maps that are actually cooled off by the color palette. Also this map stands out to me as being vastly improved visually. Almost all of the textures are far more detailed, the environment is far more full, and the additions of things like trees make the environment seem more real. Notice the crane in the back and the big pipe coming towards the foreground. This may be my pick of the group.

post-78478-1224154037_thumb.jpg

Gears of War 2 Flashback Map Initial Impressions: Canals

Canals is the other cooled down map. This almost looks icy with all of the blue throughout. The trees are gone and the ornament on top of the building in the center has been taken out as well. This opens up the space more and adds to the cold feel of the map. You can also see a little more artistry in places like the bridge. The lamps appear to be tweaked and aren't glowing either. This map looks to have a feel that should translate into the gameplay.

[/spolier]

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...