Gå til innhold

Gears of War 2-Kafeèn!

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Info om multiplayer:

Let’s start off with the obligatory player count increase which every sequel seems to be doing nowadays, as GoW2 will be adding two more slots so the total players in a server will now be a colossal ten. I like ten, it’s a good number to have since crowded servers tend to be loud and confusing, and keeping the numbers limited has always been my personal preference so I’m glad Epic didn’t decide to throw in sixty player online multiplayer like Resistance 2 is planning to do.

One of the weapons you didn’t see in the trailer is the Medusa, which fires six shells at once. The Medusa has been referred to as a “power weapon”, so I’m guessing you’re not going to run around with it as standard issue all day. Players can also look forward to new poison grenades, along with the ability to stick grenades on any surface now. I don’t know why but these poison grenades have left me craving for laughing gas in multiplayer, considering how pissed off everyone in Gears of War is, it might actually do them some good.

Oh and I can’t leave out ‘bullet shields’, because these sound awesome. Bullet shields can be picked up to use as cover, while you can apparently stick them into the ground as improvised cover points too. This may not seem like a big deal to some at first glance, but I think these shields have the potential to add a whole different layer of depth to the tactical side of the game, especially for competitive teams.

Assassination will be renamed Guardian and is similar to the team leader game type from Rainbow Six Vegas 2. This time around, your team will continue respawning until your team leader is eliminated, in which case you can no longer spawn upon dying. The concept sounds great, but this game type was really annoying on Vegas 2, with team leaders opting to play it safe and simply camp their respective spawn points. Perhaps Epic will come up with some measures to counter such spinelessness though. There’s also mention of Wingman, a brand new game type that splits players into teams of two, totalling five separate teams in a ten-player server. There’s no information on any objectives for Wingman, but it might not have any to begin with aside from the obvious ‘kill everyone else’.

We’ve all seen CTF a hundred times, but Epic’s new take on it seems pretty amusing. Both teams must get to a player who is in the centre of the map and drag them back to the base using the meat shield ability. It’s not mentioned if this will be an actual player or A.I. controlled, but considering the fact it would be unfair teams to one side in such a case (5 vs 4), it’s likely to be an A.I.

Two new maps are discussed also: River and Security. River sounds very similar to an old Gears of War map I used to play frequently, but the name eludes me right now. It’s described as a “symmetrical map, with two houses with sniping towers connected by a thin path and a river.” Security on the other hand is apparently long and thin with two “power weapons” on it, by which I’m guessing they mean Boom Shots and what not. These weapons are guarded by laser turrets that will shake your hand and make you coffee if you get too close, or maybe cut you into little pieces. You can deactivate these by pressing a big button at the centre of the map, because that’s how you bypass top-notch security in real life.

Last but not least is the feature every game should have nowadays; the ability to capture images so you can prove to your friends you do indeed own at the game, and it wasn’t just a myth. Players will be able to free roam with a camera when they’re waiting to respawn, while photos they take will be uploaded onto a community site where you can show your friends.

http://xboxfocus.com/news/352-fresh-gears-...ails/index.html

Lenke til kommentar

EGM Reveals 13 [13!!!] Pages of Gears Of War 2 details

EGM’s July Issue features 13 ‘YES’ count them, 13 pages of Gears of War 2 Multiplayer details. Different weapons, curb stombs, executions, meatshields and Melee’s all below.

When a reader submitted question asked about a 4-player co-op possibility, Cliff Bleszinski only reiterated the “Bigger, Better and more Badass” mantra behind Gears of War 2.

* There will be a screenshot capture in Gears of War 2 which will allow players to upload the images they take to a website and vote on submitted images.

* The photo-mode scores you in-game based on the action around you (think, Dead Rising).

* During the playtest, EGM spotted an Xbox LIVE status message that said someone at Epic was in Gears of War 2 watching a video–not playing a game. Saved film possibility?

* Epic is considering implementing a live onscreen ticker that displays how much damage you are dealing and how many points you earn per match.

* Gears of War 2 may offer A.I. bots for multiplayer to help fill the new 10-man limit.

* The dev team calls chainsaw kills from behind, “Chainsodomy”

On the Subject of Weapons

* “Gorgon Burst Pistol” is the official name of one of the newest weapons. The double-clipped handheld has a high rate of fire and shoots in short bursts for an extra punch while hiding behind a shield–meat or otherwise.

* “Scorcher” flamethrower detail: Power weapon, only appears once on a map (similar to the Boom Shot). Short burst weapon, perfect active reload increases its range.

* “Boltok Pistol” detail: Perfect active reload allows the old pistol to fire much faster.

* Epic says plenty of more weapons are on the way, including new additions to the superweapons class (alongside the Hammer of Dawn) which EGM speculates could include a mortar type of weapon.

Got an enemy down? Attack! (Slightly different from the original article in X360)

* ‘X’ button: Curb Stomp — The original curb stomp kill returns

* ‘Y’ button: Execution — Longer to execute, so riskier, the executions are a sight. Race, and sometimes weapon, specific kills that promise to earn the expected ‘M’ rating. COG soldiers will punch an enemy to death, Locusts will rip off arms and beat an enemy with them and in the example for a Torque Bow specific kill the attacker will take the victim’s head and place it on a Torque Bow’s blade tip, then use his foot to pop it off. Wiiiiiiicked.

* ‘A’ button: Grab — Take a downed enemy and use them as a human shield. Considered dead as soon as it happens, the shield can actually respawn (if it’s allowed in that mode) and their body can take quite a bit of damage before disintegrating. The ‘B’ button ends the encounter with a neck-snap.

* ‘B’ button: Melee — End it quickly and without all the flash.

Got knocked down? Oh noes! Defend Yo’ Self!

* ‘R’ Trigger: With Grenade Equipped — Martyrdom

Had a frag grenade equipped when you got cut down? Wait for an enemy to approach for a killing move (listed above) and make them pay. Press the ‘R’ Trigger to detonate your frag and send you both into oblivion in a wet, gooey mess.

* ‘R’ Trigger: Without Grenade Equipped — Raise your hand and request assistance from your squad. Doing so will flash your ‘man down’ icon for friends to spot.

# ‘A’ button: Crawl — Crawl to safety as you bleed out. Your dragging body will leave a trail behind you and you will eventually die, unless someone comes to revive you … which we hope still doesn’t look like a firm pat on the back.

http://analoghype.com/blog/102/egm-reveals...-war-2-details/

Scans er ikke ute enda, da abonnenter ikke får bladet før 1. Juni.

Er ikke lov på dette forumet uansett, så STFU!

Lenke til kommentar

"* ‘Y’ button: Execution — Longer to execute, so riskier, the executions are a sight. Race, and sometimes weapon, specific kills that promise to earn the expected ‘M’ rating. COG soldiers will punch an enemy to death, Locusts will rip off arms and beat an enemy with them and in the example for a Torque Bow specific kill the attacker will take the victim’s head and place it on a Torque Bow’s blade tip, then use his foot to pop it off. Wiiiiiiicked."

Jævla nice dette kommer til å bli :D

Og bots til Gears Of War 2 hørtes digg ut :)

Lenke til kommentar

Er bare det at han ble sinnsvakt populær blant fansen.

Og når man blir populær blant fansen, da overlever man.

Et annet eksempel på dette er jo boba Fett. Ja, jeg snakke om duden fra Star Wars.

I den siste SW filmen detter han nedi en sarlacc (ett hull i bakken med enorme tenne for å si det sånn). Men ettersom det viste seg at Boba Fett var enormt poulær hos alle Star Wars fans bestemte George Lucas seg for å godkjenne en historie som handlet om Boba som klatret ut igjen og overlevde.

Det viser jo det at popularitet er mer enn bare noe man ser på ungdomskolen :p

Lenke til kommentar
Han er den eneste med hjelm :) Det har vel vært noen rykter om at han er tilbake...

Det er nok ikke rykter gutten min.

CliffyB sa dette i ett intervjy, og at han var definitivt tilbake.

Personlig håper jeg på at det blir noe som dette:

Dom: Carmine! Man! It's good to see you back on your feet!

Marcus: Yeah. I thought you were dead for sure.

Carmine: Thanks man. I mean guys. Oh, you know what i me *HEADSHOT*

Locust sniper han igjen :!:

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...