Gå til innhold

Hva skjuler det seg bak din Ctrl+v?

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Th i s f al lacy i s a m i su se of on e of t h e g reat est t ech n iqu es in arg u m en t at ion , r educt io ad

absurdum, or redu cin g t h e arg u m en t t o t h e absu rd. Th e di f f eren ce i s wh ere t h e absu rdi t y act u al ly i s

– in t h e arg u m en t or in reason in g of t h e on e t ry in g t o sh ow t h e arg u m en t i s absu rd.

Lenke til kommentar

And I am reminded on this holy day of the sad story of Kitty Genovese. As you all may remember, long time ago almost 30 years ago. This poor soul cried out for help time and time again, but no person answered her calls. Though many saw, no one so much as called the police. They all just watched as Kitty was being stabbed to death in broad daylight. They watched as her assailant walked away. Now, we must all fear evil men. But, there is another kind of evil which we must fear most … and that is the indifference of good men!

Lenke til kommentar

The fallacy of ambiguity has not been committed if the arguer’s context

makes clear the proper interpretation of the word or sentence. One who interprets

a word, phrase, or sentence in an unjustified way because of his or her deliberate

disregard of or careless attention to the arguer’s context commits a logical error

that might be calledfalse ambiguity.

Lenke til kommentar

Illicit contrary

It is false that all Aare B.

Therefore, no Aare B.

It is false that no Aare B.

Therefore, all Aare B.

Illicit subcontrary

Some Aare B.

Therefore, it is false that some Aare not B.

Some Aare not B.

Therefore, some Aare B.

Illicit subalternation

Some Aare not B.

Therefore, no Aare B.

It is false that all Aare B.

Therefore, it is false that some Aare B.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...