Gå til innhold

Wipeout HD tidlig i 2008

UrgeLoL

Anbefalte innlegg

IGN har nettopp fått testet en tidlig demo av remaken og det ser meget bra ut. For de grafikk kåte så kjører spillet i 1080P og 60 fps.

Noen sitater fra Ign.

In fact, while we were only able to go hands on with a very limited demo of the game, both the courses - Anulpha Pass and Chenghou Project - were from Pure, and they both looked fantastic in their 1080p, 60fps incarnations.

While the surroundings are already looking great, we've been told that there are a number of unfinished assets included, and that there will be more activity in the surroundings, so we can only expect things to look better on final release.

The feel of the controls in this demo is great - smooth and responsive. Fans won't have any trouble hopping straight in. The mechanics are very similar to Pure and Pulse, with the extra layers added by those games such as the option to absorb pickups to boost your energy reserves, as well as the ol' barrel roll boost off jumps. In a nice touch the game also displays how many boost pads you hit in each lap at the end of the race. As anyone who has spent the time necessary to get good at the PSP games knows, learning where all the boost pads are and how to hit them is paramount, so that's appreciated.

So the controls are familiar right now, but players could have an all-new control option to test out when the game comes out, depending on what the team does with the Sixaxis' motion sensing. The code we played didn't have any Sixaxis implementation for the very good reason that the developer isn't going to implement something for the sake of it. The last thing we heard from developer Sony Computer Entertainment Europe was that the team was still considering how best to implement Sixaxis functionality - should it be full control? Would that be a tight enough solution in the insanely fast higher speed classes? Should it just be used for pitch control? Or should it be utilised with the weapon system somehow? We'll be interested to see what the team goes for in the end.

Modes available online will be single race, tournament, elimination and team versus team, and the game will keep an extensive game profile on each player, with win/loss records and best times, as well as stats such as ship selection, weapon use, favourite modes and most played tracks. The team is also already planning downloadable content for after the game's release, and they're hoping to release new tracks (both old and new), ships and music, and possibly even an extra game mode or two.

Kilde

post-18536-1195833168_thumb.jpg

post-18536-1195832936_thumb.jpg

post-18536-1195833114_thumb.jpg

post-18536-1195833151_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
  • 4 uker senere...

ÅÅÅÅH!

Om dette holder seg mer tro til WipeOut 1 og 2 :love: skal jeg kjøpe både PS3 og WipeOut HD når det kommer.

Glemmer aldri de utallige intense fartsfylte kampene i WipeOut 2, husker vi måtte varme opp et pr runder for å komme inn i rytmen, 100% konsentrert. Lydsporet var også genialt

Jeg er stooor wipeout fan, likte dog ikke Playstation2 versjonen, haddet egenlig gått helt over til pc så da jeg ikke likte Wipepout versjonen på PS2 solgte jeg det i igjen hehe.

Lenke til kommentar
  • 4 måneder senere...

Så forresten en artig ting når jeg sjekket W HD på Wikipedia:

"If the player prefers, the game will allow use of custom soundtracks, so that any music stored on the PlayStation 3 hard drive can be selected during gameplay for use in races."

Selv om jeg grisedigger spillserien så har jeg aldri vært så stor fan av techno, så dette høres lovende ut.

Kilde: Wiki

Lenke til kommentar

Indeed.

Skal kjøpe meg ein større disk temmelig snart, har fylt opp mine 60 gig med demoer og Xvid. ;)

Håper inderlig dei har split screen action på denne her! Litt trist om eg må nøye meg med Sega Rally som einaste split screen racer på PS3. Likte ikkje GT5 prologue.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...