Gå til innhold

Metal: A Headbanger's Guide

Anathema

Anbefalte innlegg

De sliter med mye rart i Tyskland:

German BPjM (Federal Authority for Publications unsafe for the Youth)

forbade the sale and release of 4 GRAVELAND albums in Germany

(namely, "Following The Voices Of Blood", "Immortal Pride",

"In The Glare Of Burning Churches", "The Celtic Winter"),

In may 2008 German Police invaded office of No Colours records and

confiskated about 1500 of these old cd's of Graveland.

Official reason : anti-christianity ideology!

Graveland ute med nytt album virker det som, Spears Of Heaven

spears_front_digi_a5.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Ba'al, jeg har stor tro på at Paradigms Recordings kommer til å bli din favorittlabel fremover, om så ikke er tilfelle allerede.

Har fått hørt igjennom de 26 låtene som er på spilleren, det som først og fremst falt i smak var Decrepit Spectre, Ekpyrosis, The Angelic Process, Tropes, Amber Asylum, Hjarnidaudi, Kailash og Snowdrift. Skal sjekke ut mer av disse og definitivt kjøpe en par-tre. Ser at prisen er inklusiv post & package noe som er bra, men sender de cdene enkeltvis?

Her går det nå i ukrainsk deathdoom av alle ting, har det med å bite meg merke i sære ting, bandet heter forresten Autumnia :)

Lenke til kommentar
Ba'al, jeg har stor tro på at Paradigms Recordings kommer til å bli din favorittlabel fremover, om så ikke er tilfelle allerede.

Har fått hørt igjennom de 26 låtene som er på spilleren, det som først og fremst falt i smak var Decrepit Spectre, Ekpyrosis, The Angelic Process, Tropes, Amber Asylum, Hjarnidaudi, Kailash og Snowdrift. Skal sjekke ut mer av disse og definitivt kjøpe en par-tre. Ser at prisen er inklusiv post & package noe som er bra, men sender de cdene enkeltvis?

Som selverklært The Angelic Process-fanboy anbefaler jeg deg absolutt å kjøpe Coma Waering. Den siste plata deres, Weighing Souls With Sand, har mer av det meste og er kanskje lettere å like, men CW er absolutt en knallplate den også.

Anmeldelse fra metalreviews.com - jeg vet ikke hvor enig jeg er i det han sier om stilen deres, men vi er ihvertfall enige om at det er et godt album:

Lately, it's become more and more evident that the relatively strict boundaries of metal can be stretched by one of the deepest and least visible roots of metal: early minimalism. Sixties drone minimalism had already made its big entry in metal in the form of numerous drone metal bands, which are now gaining importance and recognition. Modern genres that are more directly derived from minimalism than metal is, such as post-rock and some forms of prog- and krautrock, had a crushing impact on the scene more recently, a name like Pelican demonstrates this adequately.

At first, Coma Waering reminds of the galactic noise of Darkspace, but that comparison soon changes into the notion that something much more extraterrestrial controls this record. What Pelican did with post-rock, The Angelic Process does to shoegaze, merging two styles flawlessly into something that fits in both compartments, or neither one of them. Most pieces are built up on tribal drumming as powerful and epic as plate tectonics. It serves as a solid foundation for the massive walls of distorted drone noise that threaten anyone who stands before them. The down tuned bass vibration is extremely deep and gets right into the stomach. For a drone record, however, this release is actually most accessible. The shoegazing organ is responsible for a lot of dreamy melancholy, and although the melodies and textures are often complex, the shear power and sorrow that is put into them takes away all effort it might cost to understand this kind of music. It makes aware of the void inside, but simultaneously fills it with grave rumble. I might add that this is looked at from a point of view that is comfortable with heavier music.

Although the band definitely has a noise background, the duo is software-less in this project. It's easily heard and appreciated that they entered the genre from an art perspective (and maybe history), not from the typical "band" origin that we see more than enough in metal. The band's more direct influences are easy to guess, the band itself mentions Neurosis, Swans and My Bloody Valentine in the shoegaze department, but one can also think of Slowdive and obviously lots of noise.

Coma Waering came out in 2003, but due to its highly limited release, it is now reissued. It's a fine example of unpretentious yet uncompromising music art that is no less profound than it is listenable. A refined and classy doorway between genres that are not so easily connected, and of course, a pleasure to listen to.

Coal Black Hearses av Decrepit Spectre er det bare tre låter på til sammen 16 minutter på, men til gjengjeld er alle veldig gode, og det koster ett pund mindre enn de fleste andre der. Jeg blir ikke overrasket hvis den blir mer verdt etter at Paradigms ikke har mer igjen (det gjelder strengt tatt de fleste utgivelsene deres ...).

Mye av det samme med Amber Asylum-EP-en, bortsett fra at den varer i ca. 10 minutter mer og koster det vanlige. Stilen er jo også helt annerledes, selvfølgelig. Den beste utgivelsen til AA etter min mening.

Noen anmeldelser på denne siden: http://www.amberasylum.com/reviews_garden.html

Kailash skrev jeg litt om tidligere.

Snowdrift er sannsynligvis den mest "vanlige" utgivelsen deres, uten at det nødvendigvis er dårlig. AMG har faktisk skrevet en anmeldelse som jeg er ganske enig i:

Seattle's Snowdrift have had their debut album issued on the highly collectible and even covetable Paradigms label in UK. Until now, the bands that have released material on the gorgeously-packaged Paradigms imprint have usually been heavy, drone based-post rock outfits and those that delve deeper into a bit more sinister territory like Wraiths. Snowdrift is a true exception. They are a dreamy, dark trio with cellos, guitars, drums, keyboards, all hovering around in eerily-presented and beautifully structured poetic, ballads that com off as haunting, poetic folk songs from another time that has been hidden, stored away, and is being interpreted only now, through the speech and language of rock. There have been territorial comparisons to Low and some even to Mazzy Star, but this music is something other. Kat Terran's vocals are throaty, they have the ethereal beauty of Over The Rhine's Karin Bergquist but are bigger, more present, they annunciate as well as swell as swoon. Add to this sparse slide guitar, single shuffling snare, and ambient keyboard effects by Derek Terran that enhance the instruments rather than bury them, as on "Outlaw Engineers," something that rather than be high and lonesome in the roots tradition is rather out and lonesome, as if from another space, and out of time completely. "September" begins with ambient sounds, a quietly brushed drum,, and an ominous yet utterly lovely cello; whispering electric piano sounds float in form the mist before the band slips in gear and enters fully. Even when they do, there's no hurry, no permanent place for them in the track. The drums simply shift and shimmer as Ms. Terran's voice, like some ever present spirit comes up form the ether, but it's that voice holding it all together. The instruments and sounds all gravitate toward and away from her in some circling fashion that lends the music weight even as it gains not momentum, but an eerie heaviness that is so darkly seductive and full of subtle warnings that things might begin to fall apart-but never do. These songs are written and shaped according to a melodic sensibility that is not commonplace; the spontaneity is in the emotion in Ms. Terran's voice and in the listener's sheer surprise at the these sounds that never dissipates, no matter how often one slips the disc into the player. One is always left wondering,, particularly near the end of the heartbreaking tenderness in "House Of Cards," or in the literally ghostly sonic structure of Aviary, just how songs like this can be written instead of merely crafted and recorded. IN fact, they suggest that in a live setting, Snowdrift is heavier, the audience and the music coming together in a manner that creates a maelstrom to feed Ms. Terran's voice and gives it an utterance that is spine tingling. The set ends with "track 11," (actually the last of eight songs) that begins with a vulnerable kind of gloominess that suggests a hurt so wide and deep it encompasses the entire world. But something else is at work here too, the complex emotions expressed by cello, guitar, and the electric piano that keeps the drummer moving barely, as a heartbeat for Ms. Terran: "Not the way, not the strain that the storm arrives/but the way that the storm subsides here/Oh there's so much more . . ." And there is. This cut takes the cake as it deceptively appears to disintegrate and builds itself into a fury and Terran wails and begins incanting "Get me off this train/I'm getting off this train/Get me off this train. . . ."as feedback and spiky guitar signatures take over the landscape before it just disappears altogether. This is a remarkable and powerful debut by a truly underground American band who is creating something new from many old things, and shaping them into a sound that is all their own.

Resten av de du fikk best inntrykk av har det til felles at de alle er gode, men gjentar seg litt mye sånn som jeg ser/hører det.

Anmeldelse av både Ekpyrosis og Decrepit Spectre her: http://www.avantgarde-metal.com/content/reviews.php

Edit: Hvis du bestiller to CD-er på en gang sender de dem ihvertfall i én pakke. Men de skriver at verdien er £10 da, så tre bør gå bra (regner med at de skriver £15). Hvis du vil være sikker kan du bare bestille to om gangen.

Endret av TanTheMan
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...