Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

I'll do this puzzle five times faster than you, then I'll go walk the dog.

Then/than is one of the easiest parts of grammar for me. Really, the only thing I struggle with some times is cases like in my previous post. Look at my last sentence. Is it correct, or should it say "in my new job" or "with my new job"?

Endret av Steffenm
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Hello, all of you who is reading this thread. I recently read an article, explaining when to use than and when to use then in the English language  and I would recommend it for anyone struggling with english grammar. The website also have a lot of other articles covering english grammar.

Here you go!

9075940[/snapback]

Thanks but no thanks kadmium. I take great pride in my grammatic imperfections you see. Perhaps there will come a time when i will want to learn where to correctly put my thens and my thans. But not today, friend, not today.

Until than, wrongs will be better then rights. :closedeyes:

Hmm, this post became quite silly, even more silly than i had planned. Ah well, wharryagonnado? :shrug:

Lenke til kommentar

Hey! This is actually my first post in this thread. I'm fourteen years old and live just outside Oslo, Sandvika to be more specific. I usually spend my spare time playing soccer, jogging in the local forest or having fun with my friends. I find this thread necessary, because I really want to improve my proficiency in writing. If you find spelling errors or other slips, I would be glad if you let me know.

In two weeks, all the candidates for confirmation are travelling to Hurdal, a camp. It will be lots of fun, and I can't wait! Anybody else going to a camp this summer?

-Rara Avis

Endret av RarAvis
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+9871234
I didn't really enjoy Melbourne either. Although I tasted a truly fantastic kangaroo steak there.

9092797[/snapback]

Eating.... Skippy...? :cry:

We didn't stay in Finnmark for two weeks :D Just over the weekend, and now I'm laying on a dubble-bed alone, with fanta and sørlandschips beside me and surfing the net on a hotel in Sweden! It's "underbart" :D Only negative thing that I can think of is that we are supporting the Hilton-family by staying in this hotel :(

Lenke til kommentar

Ah I dunno..I just didnt enjoy it very much when I was there.

9087450[/snapback]

I didn't really enjoy Melbourne either. Although I tasted a truly fantastic kangaroo steak there.

9092797[/snapback]

What did that taste like?

Never thought about eating something like a kangaroo steak.

Endret av _Scotty_
Lenke til kommentar

9092797[/snapback]

Eating.... Skippy...? :cry:

We didn't stay in Finnmark for two weeks :D Just over the weekend, and now I'm laying on a dubble-bed alone, with fanta and sørlandschips beside me and surfing the net on a hotel in Sweden! It's "underbart" :D Only negative thing that I can think of is that we are supporting the Hilton-family by staying in this hotel :(

9105122[/snapback]

Damn..I'm having next week to Rhodes. I'm considerating having my laptop with me. How can I possible survive a week without Internet and computer stuff? Cold turkey.
Lenke til kommentar

9087450[/snapback]

9092797[/snapback]

9105146[/snapback]

Well like my friend mr. Dwight from The Office says you shouldn't waste roadkill. ;)

Lenke til kommentar

9087450[/snapback]

9092797[/snapback]

9105146[/snapback]

Well like my friend mr. Dwight from The Office says you shouldn't waste roadkill. ;)

9105390[/snapback]

As long as it doesn't go to the level that the top gear guys took it to!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9...earch&plindex=1

Endret av _Scotty_
Lenke til kommentar
  • 2 uker senere...

Lol, I updated my DVD-ROM's firmware today. The upgrade tool was probably made by some japanese guy, cause the English was really, REALLY bad.

Here's an example. There are some more shitty language there, but I can't show you because I've already upgraded.

:!:

post-115001-1185649503_thumb.png

Endret av nils2911
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet-XHLacM

Unfortunately, I've never heard about him, but that's because I never listen to jazz. Maybe I should give it a try?

Endret av Slettet-XHLacM
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...