Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
Actually, I've started to like Norwegian music lately. Postgirobygget is quite awesome, and I REALLY enjoy some of their songs.

8823474[/snapback]

Postgirobygget and a pint of beer, yar. Totally ace!

8824003[/snapback]

ooooh my god! Postgirobygget suck's! i mean many of the Norwegian artists are very good! but when they sing in Norwegian it sound's like crap

Lenke til kommentar

Norwegian singing in general doesn't sound too good...Strange hearing people sing in your own language :dontgetit: I'm not saying that the artists or bands aren't any good, but norwegian singing just doesn't appeal to me:)

Okey, just remembered that I love Kaizers Orchestra, but part from that :innocent:

Lenke til kommentar
Actually, I've started to like Norwegian music lately. Postgirobygget is quite awesome, and I REALLY enjoy some of their songs.

8823474[/snapback]

8824003[/snapback]

ooooh my god! Postgirobygget suck's! i mean many of the Norwegian artists are very good! but when they sing in Norwegian it sound's like crap

8831507[/snapback]

A little off-topic (but kind of important): you only use 's when expressing a possession of something (genitive case), not in present case of verbs.

Lenke til kommentar
A little off-topic (but kind of important): you only use 's when expressing a possession of something (genitive case), not in present case of verbs.

8832471[/snapback]

Wrong. You also use it in contractions such as "it's", "they're", "you're". "It's", "they're" and "you're", by the way, means "it is", "they are", "you are", not "its", "their", "your", even if they're often confused.

Lenke til kommentar

8832471[/snapback]

Wrong. You also use it in contractions such as "it's", "they're", "you're". "It's", "they're" and "you're", by the way, means "it is", "they are", "you are", not "its", "their", "your", even if they're often confused.

8832792[/snapback]

I forgot about abbreviations of phrases, but in a way that's not the same, because then it's the apostrophe that indicates a contraction and not necessarily 's (like in "they're".) But I totally agree with you. I might as well quote myself for a complete (more or less) overview over when to use 's and not:

I'm bored, so since I have nothing better to do, I might as well add some grammar stuff. It's just something that I see some people do wrong.

An overview of plural forms and possessive cases

When you write the plural form of most nouns, you add -s at the end of the noun: "one cat, many cats." If the noun ends with an "s-like" sound, you add -es: "one fish, many fishes."

This does not apply to nouns with irregular plural forms, such as "sheep", "man", etc., where the plural form is written using a vowel change or no change at all. Some nouns have other endings than -s or -es: Nouns ending with o have the ending -oes in plural form, and most nouns ending with y drop the y and have the ending -ies in plural form.

When you indicate the possession one noun in singular form has of another, you mark it by adding -'s at the end of it: "the dog's food."

When you indicate the possession one noun in regular plural form (that is with an added plural indicator like -s) has of another, you mark it by adding only an apostrophe: "The dogs' food."

When the noun is plural, but in irregular form (that is without any ending added to indicate plurality), you add both the apostrophe and an s: "The men's food". 

Some of the possessive pronouns (eiendomspronomen) may also be sources of confusion:

Your and you're

Its and it's

Their and they're

His and he's

Here, "your", "its", "their" and "his" are possessive pronouns, while "you're", "it's", "they're" and "he's" are abbreviations of "you are", "it is", "they are" and "he is".

8338870[/snapback]

Endret av Jaffe
Lenke til kommentar
YATZEEEE!! English oral exam :D :D :D :D

8832838[/snapback]

FSCK U.

Math for me :(

8823474[/snapback]

8824003[/snapback]

repsk5.png

8823474[/snapback]

8824003[/snapback]

8831507[/snapback]

repfz2.png

Endret av loathsome
Lenke til kommentar

yeees. Got my assessed attainments (?) or school report/certificate today. Oh, thats a lot of words ^^ I didn't know which one to use.

Aaanyway, I got 6 on English oral AND written! w00t! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

ah school is OVER! Finally

Tomorrow schooltrip to Estonia, Tallinn!

Endret av Aak1
Lenke til kommentar
just think of how the englishmen feel when their artist's sing... :D

8832465[/snapback]

I don't really respond to English singing as Norwegian singing..

(half english)

English is a much broader language, it's international aswell.

I recon it goes a big deeper though, all the way back to what kind of noices a humanbeeing is able to create.

English is a more finished language, and there must have been lots of thought behind it, with how it sounds in your ear.

Norwegian is not as completed, it sounds almost unknown.

You have most likely seen a movie where there is a tribe that communicates with clicks, that is they're language.

Obviously you can't sing with that language, and I recon Norwegian is just as bad :)

It's all to do with the 'kling' and the 'klang' in the words, and how adapted we are to speak it.

Lenke til kommentar

Bands singing in either Norwegian, German (HAIL RAMMSTEIN!), Finnish, Swedish, Icelandic (don't care for Danish :D) sound awesome to me :D

By the way, if anyone feels like practicing their English, add me to msn: [email protected] or to skype: lord_vitharr

We could do a trade maybe? :) I practice my Norwegian, you practice your English :)

Endret av Vitharr
Lenke til kommentar
YATZEEEE!!

8832838[/snapback]

GAY!

Hope someone understands, it's a Family Guy joke.

8850230[/snapback]

Done now. It's all good :cool:

8850450[/snapback]

..You cocky get.

I want english!

By the way, Family Guy is great!

Damn you, vile woman, you've impeded my work since the day I escaped your wretched womb.

Endret av _Scotty_
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...