Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Thank for the explenation, Arinomy.

Could you please elaborate on when to use wich/which as well?

I seem to struggle with this, as well.

My english is far from perfect, but I am hoping to improve my written english to the point where you can't tell the difference from me and a person who has english as his primary language.

Another thing I struggle with is the proper length and structure of a sentence.

But I guess I'll attend to school, rather than forcing you into becoming an online tutor.

Anyway. Thanks for the advise, I'll take it to heart.

8719174[/snapback]

Hi.

Which is a statement that implies something, or explains something if you will, e.g. "..which means...".

which

(adj) : what, of those mentioned or implied (used interrogatively)

"which song made the charts?"

(n) : what one or ones (of those mentioned or implied); the one or ones that

"which is bigger?"

"Wich" however, isn't an actual word. Perhaps you misspelled it, or maybe you meant something else? :)

edit

Maybe you were thinking of "witch", which is a word for "heks", in Norwegian that is. However it's not only used to describe an (often female) person who is a performer of "the black arts", if you will, but also to express oneself when talking negatively about someone - saying something like "I hate that old witch!".

Perhaps I'm just stating the obvious here, so if you already knew that... "s'all good".

I'm out.

Endret av Stian89
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Fuck yeah! 6 on my English mock exam. I'm so goddamn happy right now. =D

8739602[/snapback]

Congratulations!

I'm having my English written exam on Friday. 1 of 7 classes could be chosen for written exam, and of course mine was the one. Well, shit happens. At least the chances of having an oral exam (which I find worse) are reduced.

Lenke til kommentar

Could someone be so kind to check through this text I wrote for my last English hand in this term? It is kind of important that it's no or little gramatic errors in there, since I got a 5 so far, but I'm close to going down to 4 again. (Reason being my poor grammar and language in general)

Many thanks if you do take the time, and please don't quote it (because the teacher will run it through plagism test)

Removed due to plagism test.

Endret av Anathema
Lenke til kommentar
Yeah, they do. I'm not quite sure how, but I'm guessing they take samples from the texts we hand in, put it in google and see if they get any matching sites up.

8750793[/snapback]

Well, iv tried that once, and it didn't actually come up with anything relevant. So unless they have a program for it, i don't think google is quite accurate.

Lenke til kommentar
Hey people :) I'll have my english written exam at Monday. We are going to write a story i guess, do you have some good ideas? ;)

8751842[/snapback]

Just remember to write "I" with the capitol I, and read the text over until the time is up, and hope for the best.

On my english writing-task i usually read the assignment and just go with the imagination, and it usually works just fine.

Lenke til kommentar
Could someone be so kind to check through this text I wrote for my last English hand in this term? It is kind of important that it's no or little gramatic errors in there, since I got a 5 so far, but I'm close to going down to 4 again. (Reason being my poor grammar and language in general)

Many thanks if you do take the time, and please don't quote it (because the teacher will run it through plagism test)

8750735[/snapback]

Here are some changes that I would have made. The are not neccessarily all better than the original expressions, just the way I would have written it. I have marked the changes and additions in red, and the deletions in yellow.

Please do run a spellcheck, I have not.

BTW: You might score a few points by mentioning Little Norway when discussing the pilot training program...

[Text removed on request.]

Good luck!

Edit: BTW: Would the plagiarism test find this forum thread and show that you have been helped? I have no idea how that works. (Or if it matters.)

Geir :)

Endret av tom waits for alice
Lenke til kommentar

Thanks, Geir! I took many of your tips into consideration. I hope that made my hand-in task a little better. :)

Edit: I don't know if it will. Perhaps it would be safest if we both edited it away from our posts, even though it's in spoilers.

Endret av Anathema
Lenke til kommentar

Spoiler tags won't stop search engines. Send me a PM when and if you want me to edit my post. Personally I would not worry. But some teachers are not happy with students asking for help. Which I fail to understand. As long as they write the original piece themselves, why should they not seek help to improve their knowledge even further?

I had a minor argument with the English teacher one of my two sons had in school after I helped him with a home assignement. I basically told the teacher that if they wanted a "no help" test, then they should do it at school, and that asking for and accepting help is part of the education and should be encouraged, not punished. He agreed.

Geir :)

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...