Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Actually thats not true. Most types of meat is actually bad for you. It screws up your intestines and your digestive system.

That's just plain stupid. If you look at it from a purely scientific standpoint, sure, meat is "bad for you". The fact is, however, that humans have, over time, evolved and developed the ability to take good use of eating meat (!) I mean, look at it, there's no way a vegetarian could really become a serious athlete without eating meat. (At least without taking an inhuman amount of supplements and or eating inhumane amounts to "special food".)

And explain to me, why it is that when over 90% of the worlds population eat meat, nobody displays any cruel illnesses or similar from it...

Human kind have adapted - meat is almost a necessity.

On another note, as far as loosing weight goes - the trick is basically to use more calories than you eat. Whether this bacon diet thingie worked out or not, he guy must have somehow been loosing more calories that he ate while on the aforementioned "bacon diet".

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Actually thats not true. Most types of meat is actually bad for you. It screws up your intestines and your digestive system.

That's just plain stupid. If you look at it from a purely scientific standpoint, sure, meat is "bad for you". The fact is, however, that humans have, over time, evolved and developed the ability to take good use of eating meat (!) I mean, look at it, there's no way a vegetarian could really become a serious athlete without eating meat. (At least without taking an inhuman amount of supplements and or eating inhumane amounts to "special food".)

And explain to me, why it is that when over 90% of the worlds population eat meat, nobody displays any cruel illnesses or similar from it...

Human kind have adapted - meat is almost a necessity.

On another note, as far as loosing weight goes - the trick is basically to use more calories than you eat. Whether this bacon diet thingie worked out or not, he guy must have somehow been loosing more calories that he ate while on the aforementioned "bacon diet".

8599071[/snapback]

Regarding the bacon issue, I think I might explain how that worked, as I've been in a somewhat similar situation myself.

The problem for some people, is not that they eat to often, rather that they eat to rarely. If you do like I did, making the first meal of the day a huge lunch, since you had no breakfast, your digestive system doesn't start to work (burning calories etc) before half the day has passed. This means that your body is constantly trying to conserve the energy it gets those rare times you eat (and since this usually is more food then you need, it stores the energy as fat). Rather then what is ideal, making it work around the clock by eating smaller amounts of food, more often.

Lenke til kommentar

Exactly Stikko, I forgot to mention that, but the biggest mistake people make when they want to loose weight, is that they "stop eating".

When you eat, as you say, a few big meals, just a few times a day - your body goes into a "conserve mode". This is because by eating little, you're telling your body that there isn't enough food, and therefore it starts saving what little you give it.

When eating often, in smaller amounts, you're telling your body that there's plenty of food to go around, and it starts burning those calories away :)

Lenke til kommentar

Huh, I wonder if there's any software out there that tells me when to eat. That'd be nifty.

Today there was nice to wake up to a sunny day. It was the first time of the year I woke up to a warm mouse, micepad and a keyboard. Maybe I should listen to 'Another Sunny Day by Belle & Sebastian'. We've had bad weather all week. But here's the result. I might actually visit the cabin today.

Here is the view from my window.

dsc03433yq9.jpg

Lenke til kommentar

Man, I'm so screwed. I've got a mock exam this upcoming Tuesday, in economics, which is supposed to decide my final grade this year. If I don't pass, I fail the entire course.

Problem is that I'm pretty much a "dyslectic", only it's the numbers that has me struggling, not language.

Don't know what to do, I'm just in so fucking deep.

Endret av Stian89
Lenke til kommentar

Why does everybody here seem to call a "tentamen" a mock exam? A tentamen is an exam (or if you want to specify I guess you could call it a preliminary exam). Your final grade is based on the "tentamen", therefor it is not a mock exam.

mock means imitation, not genuine (as in mock leather). A mock exam is a "practice exam set by an educating institution to prepare students for an important exam".

A good example of a mock exam is when you are working on getting your drivers lisence. Before your written exam, you take a series of mock exams. The mock exams have nothing to do with you getting your lisence or not, they just prepare you for your exam.

Once again; Your final grade is based on your "tentamen", hence it is not a mock exam but an exam.

Lenke til kommentar

I agree - And to add further more to your statement, one usually never gets a exam in all subjects, and the actual exam have nothing to do with your grade in the subject you are being tested in. For example, let's say that you've been picked for a oral English exam. But even if you would fail it, you would still be able to obtain a grade/evaluation in the subject in question.

So, a "tentamen" is just as important as an "proper" exam, even though the wordplay is a bit confusing.

Lenke til kommentar
Problem is that I'm pretty much a "dyslectic", only it's the numbers that has me struggling, not language.

8600646[/snapback]

I know how you are. That's the same problem I have with numbers. While I'm constantly getting better in language diciplines, my abillity to handle numbers and advance mathematics seem to decend.

Why does everybody here seem to call a "tentamen" a mock exam? A tentamen is an exam (or if you want to specify I guess you could call it a preliminary exam). Your final grade is based on the "tentamen", therefor it is not a mock exam.

8601302[/snapback]

I think you're quite right about that. Preliminary exam is the correct word for heldagsprøve.

Btw. About recent discussion about fat making you lean or obese. A known exsperiment at pigs showed that feeding them as much saturated fats as they could eat made them actually lean and muscular, while polyunsaturated fats gained their weight, made them obese, and rised the price for their meat, thanks to fat. This is why a person eating beacon, containing a lot saturated fats (the ones that is hardned in room temperature), may completly alter his body shape from obese to lean.

Klikk for å se/fjerne innholdet nedenfor
Glossary:

Saturated fat = umettet fett

Poly unstaturated fat = Flerumettet fett

Endret av pwd3679
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...