Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
To clarify this, using "can" in these situations is technically incorrect, for the question you're asking. If you want to ask if you're allowed to go outside, you use may. If you're inquiring as to the possibility of your going outside and playing, you would use can. 99% of the time you're asking, it's supposed to be may, though most people will use can anyway because they're lazy, or something. heh.

That was my point exactly. The use of can instead of may is so common that it's allowed, but it still isn't correct.

I may have gone to the movies earlier, but i can't remember.

I might have gone to the movies earlier, but I can't remember.

same thing.

8533265[/snapback]

Normally when dealing with past tense, this is the case. There are however some rules that have to be followed. An example to illustrate:

A helicopter has crashed and the news reporter says:

The helicopter pilot may have been injured in the crash.

The helicopter pilot is found, and is quite ok. Now the newsreporter says:

The helicopter pilot might have been injured in the crash.

Indicating that a different turn out of the crash could have been the helicopter pilot getting injured. Here it would be incorrect to use may seeing as might is the past tense of may.

Lenke til kommentar
I have newer experienced so little English lessons at school as I have had this  semester. Last year, at GK Mekaniske Fag, I can swear we had a least twice the amount of ours in English.

(Excuse me for my bad use of words)

8550657[/snapback]

Actually that's not really bad. The English you are learning comes mainly from other sources. like here at GDE, movies w.o. subtitles, chatting with foreigners and so on.

Endret av pwd3679
Lenke til kommentar
Actually that's not really bad. The English you are learning comes mainly from other sources. like here at GDE, movies w.o. subtitles, chatting with foreigners and so on.

8551029[/snapback]

Yes, actually, yesterday and to day I watched LOTR, the first and the second movie. =)

And of course it was the extended editions. =D

Lenke til kommentar
Fish never taste any good. Infact I don't like any food comming from the sea. I think it's kind of grose.

8569138[/snapback]

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I tell you - you don't know what you're missing.

Freshly caught fish, on the grill, is some of the best food you can come across!

Lenke til kommentar

Yeah why is that? I used to eat a lot of fish when I was a baby or growing up from one. I live in a part of Norway where we usually eat a lot of fish. But now it is just growse. I ate fishsticks which don't really contain much fish but I still don't feel good eating it, it's like I have to push the food down.

Lenke til kommentar

to Anathema:

Haha, I love when people say things like that. In my mind that is such a childish thing to say. But maybe that is just because I love food from the ocean. In some way, I actually look at people who complain about ordinary food as childish, because some little children have a tendency to complain about food that don't look good, but in fact really taste wonderful. Saying things like, "I have tasted it a million times, and it taste like poop", but in fact they never really tasted it.

Just my opinion, sea food rocks! :D

Endret av Kjekssjokolade
Lenke til kommentar
Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I tell you - you don't know what you're missing.

Freshly caught fish, on the grill, is some of the best food you can come across!

8569234[/snapback]

Actually, I know all too well what I'm missing. I throw up instantly from the smell of fish. The fresher, the worse. Therefore fishing trips are out of the question for me. I would rather enjoy a close to raw beef! (beef...?)

Lenke til kommentar

8569234[/snapback]

Actually, I know all too well what I'm missing. I throw up instantly from the smell of fish. The fresher, the worse. Therefore fishing trips are out of the question for me. I would rather enjoy a close to raw beef! (beef...?)

8569279[/snapback]

"Steak" :)

Well, sorry to hear that man, but what can you do...

A good steak at Big Horn Steak house is also extremely good, there's no doubt about that.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...