Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Because it was a story about cheerleaders (you know the type you see in football). (In Norwegian "duskedame" or something like that)

Anyhow. It said that one girl in charge of these girls was the cheerleader. In other words the one girl at the front. This of course is not the case. They are all called cheerleaders. When I told my teacher this was wrong, he didn't believe me.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

You are right, "duskedame" is the word to use, and if you had a english teacher that didnt believe you, i hope it was pre "high school" or whatever you would call vgs in english.

Then again, you might get to teach english without really knowing anything at all. Had one of those myself.

Lenke til kommentar
Well, what we learn at school is Oxford English. Its a type of english that it used mostly by high class british people and teachers. I rather see people learning a more "normal" english, to put it that way.

8495511[/snapback]

That's disputable imo. In all English school books I've had it's been partly British and partly American, and every single time the teacher has told us that we can choose which one we want to use (mostly they don't care if we mix it a little either).

Also, in middle school/junior high school (ungdomskolen), we had an American speaking teacher.. I have heard someone saying that we are supposed to mainly learn Oxford English though.

Endret av Machius
Lenke til kommentar

Even though this is a thread for general discussion in english does not mean you can post whatever crap you like, a post has been deleted. Please try keeping the discussion as interesting for everyone else as possible, posts with no purpose (spam, off-topic), will be deleted. :)

Lenke til kommentar

Welcome to the wonderful and borderless Great Nation of GDiE, then. Try harder next time.

(uuummm..Where's the post I did reply to? Mods?)

solved: Found it in the browser cache.

Klikk for å se/fjerne innholdet nedenfor

saluttknall i dag, 18:42

Post #1365

Bruker

Is'nt this very the same as last word in the off topic bar? I think soh, maybe you all can do more of the discusion there? I think it's tolerated spread your eenglish words in that thread hehe. It's real funny to practise my english in this friendly naked thread. I know my english is very good not, but it's soh boring to omg, why did I write this spamming message? I think is thread just is a very good hiden spammerthread and that the best is to report it. But, I can't report it because now I to is a spammer. I whave written soh much bulshit now, but I thought that I was doing the correct. Is there someone here who read the thread Funniest topic ever? There this thread is called funny, and I'm straightly not agrreeing with such bullcrapp. Tomorrow it's the first of mai and then the workers shel walk up from the shit and give the capicapitalistics their unpower. The workers shel take over the earth? Earth is badgersweet and I'd like you to feel the beats everyboddy moves their feat in the superzised bold of written crapp. The evil king Jefferson one day came to cun and saying that he was a good dominator of the hermits. Just kidding, please don't ban me mmoderators.

Endret av pwd3679
Lenke til kommentar
How can Norway, as the most USA-friendly country in the entire world teach Oxford English to the students?

8506921[/snapback]

My best guess is that Oxford is more or like de facto standard English. The reason why is probably that the Oxford English Dictionary is the most comprehensive English dictionary ever written. And have been published since 1860.

Lenke til kommentar
How can Norway, as the most USA-friendly country in the entire world teach Oxford English to the students?

8506921[/snapback]

I highly doubt that Norway is the most USA-friendly nation in the world. Our government might be among the top, but I really doubt that Ola Nordmann is different from "Jean Frenchy" or "Adolf German".

Endret av T-Solberg
Lenke til kommentar

Well I think this is a huge opportunity for everybody to learn English in every way, specially to write English. Very good. People need that I guess. I know many people at my age that have a lot of trouble in writing English and speak English. I think everyone shall use this opportunity and use this forum good.

Lenke til kommentar

8506921[/snapback]

According to Michael Moore Saudi Arabia has given billions to USA, that would count as being friendly, wouldn't it?

Anyway, I think a lot of Norwegians would disagree with your statement.

8507851[/snapback]

Aye, I disagree with him but I won't bother coming with some actual arguments. I dislike how the American culture gains over the Norwegian culture. In 10th grade a group in the class had chosen the lawyer job and they had done some research about it and they had an acting along with their PowerPoint presentation. In short they had not given a crap about the Norwegian law system, they had copied it from the American. Just me and my friend noticed it and rolled our eyes sighing about the American culture gaining over the Norwegian one. How did we notice? Well, they said objection in their act..

Edit: Eliertsen, how are things? I haven't seen you in this thread for a while.

Endret av Fruktkake
Lenke til kommentar
I also disagree. We're pretty hostile of them, actually. A few of our govermental parties has actually proposed to draw out of NATO, UN and EU and go into an alliance with Russia.

I mean, what the hell?

8510952[/snapback]

An alliance with Russia would not be a very good solution from what I have heard about the country in the past few years, Russia seems like a sunken ship that some people brought back to the surface to profit from it, and there is something fishy about the government there.

Norway as the richest country compared to number of inhabitants in the world should be able to survive without to much help from others.

Lenke til kommentar

well.... even if norway is one of the riches countries at earth atm, we also got the most f**ked up politics and laws i ever seen though....

We say we are agaist war, why the hell do we take part in it?

We say we wont go into EU, we do we have their laws and rules?

Politicans say we dont have enough money to give to schools, still we still have the money to give the politicans half of the oil money?

I think you understand^^....Norway is also the No.1 F**ked up country in my eyes.....any other opinions? :D

Lenke til kommentar

Norway is one of the top three countries in the world when it comes to corruption, though, only Switzerland has less I think.

And yes, we who live in Norway do see that the politics aren't perfect, but still, 3rd World countries have some serious problems with their government.

Our view on our politics has problably been affected by the fact that our governments decisions affect us directly.

The United States is pretty f***ed to, and I think they should seriously consider to rewrite their laws on weapons etc.

Lenke til kommentar

Well, the USA-friendly thing I wrote was kinda "satt på spissen".

I have no idea what that is in English.

I think withdrawing from NATO is a good thing. I wonder what happens if all military actions in Europe was stopped for 5 years. Maybe the worldwould be a safer place to live? :)

Ah, the optimism.

Lenke til kommentar

All in all there is really nothing much to conplain about.

Current Status Norway:

-No war/wars or violent fighting between minorities.

-No secterian violence.

-Stable goverments and good national echonomy.

-Healthcare is mostly free of charge and well established.

-World class social benefits

-Wery low unemployment and allround high personal income.

-Major infectious diseases is very low.

-Expected average age is as high as 79.

If Norway was a Corporation...You could safely put your money into it.

Endret av pwd3679
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...