Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
I believe the best way to improve ones abilities in english, written and spoken, is by watching movies and listening to music

8460404[/snapback]

That's true.

I use english on a daily basis, and the results are showing :roll:

Fruktkake: Of course you've eaten a fruit cake. You just .. got to have done that. Either you're not aware it yourself, or you haven't been to your grandma lately.

.. or she doesn't like to bake. Whatever. :ph34r:

Lenke til kommentar

Don't forget reading books is a nice way to learn. If not how to speak the words, but how to write and understand others.

I would say the best way to learn how to talk good english, would be to live in the UK/US for a year or so.

Then again, people say one thing, write another. I tend to write how people talk, but atleast people understand me well.

Lenke til kommentar
What really boosts your english skills is reading (well that and watching He-Man, Transformers, GI-Joe, Carebears, Garfield, Thundercats and ten other shows from 08-12 in the morning each weekend from ages 4-8. :p ).

8460336[/snapback]

That is so true. Read anything, anywhere, anytime. So many people say that you only learn from reading "serious" literature. That is just not the case. Even the most trashy literature boost your knowledge. Fatacy for example is a great way of learning more.

You wouldn't believe how many kids in the states have learned to read thanks to mad magazine.

OT: MrLee... You have stolen my name. My name is actually Mr. Lee. I think I might demand royalties from your posts here ;-)

8460431[/snapback]

I haven't read one single piece of "serious" literature except one book. That was Of Mice and Men (Steinbeck) and that only because we were forced to.

I read a lot of books, but none that I would classify as serious. Not in the "serious, classical literature" level at least. :)

Oh and my name isn't? And besides, you registered 9 days before me, you snooze, you lose..

:p

Endret av MrLee
Lenke til kommentar
Hah. Dual Core?

Anything less than Quad Core is for losers. :)

8456798[/snapback]

I oredered my d-core 2006-04-06 23:22. for 1250 kr. I expect it to be enough for at least 5 to 6 years before next major upgrade. What's the real benefit from multicore above dual anyway? Enlighten me.

8456833[/snapback]

Well, Quad Core as of today costs about 12 000kr, and is only an upgrade from 2x Core 2 Duos.

The only Quad Core computer avaible to the consumer market as of today.

Lenke til kommentar
Don't forget reading books is a nice way to learn. If not how to speak the words, but how to write and understand others.

I would say the best way to learn how to talk good english, would be to live in the UK/US for a year or so.

Then again, people say one thing, write another. I tend to write how people talk, but atleast people understand me well.

8461137[/snapback]

I completely agree with you.

Read a book by Dan Brown a few weeks ago, do you think his English is "good enough" for learning more advanced English? (I'm attending to college now, I think.. Videregående Skole in Norwegian.)

Lenke til kommentar

8461137[/snapback]

I completely agree with you.

Read a book by Dan Brown a few weeks ago, do you think his English is "good enough" for learning more advanced English? (I'm attending to college now, I think.. Videregående Skole in Norwegian.)

8465454[/snapback]

That would be high school not college? As I said earlier, any written material is good for learning. Dan Brown isn't the most advanced stuff you can get your hands on, but its nice easy reading. You could try Allistair McClean or Desmond Bagley. It's similar adventure style, but with a much richer language.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...