Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Yeah, today in class I was completely stumbled of myself. We were suppose to tralslate the text in "realtime mode", and I was first. I spent so much time making up Norwegian words for it, I was embarrased of myself considering my grades in English. I completely understood the text but I tralslated it like a donkey.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
I cheat constantly! Difference is, I always get away with it :D

That being said, I don't cheat constantly, though it does happen a bit too often.

@Complexity: Even though teachers don't bother to do plagiarism controls, the fact is that when a paper is handed in through a service such as itslearning, the plagiarism control is automatic. In fact, just the other day I had a friend of mine being "caught" for having plagiarized material. He got a "100% copied material" when he handed his paper in through itslearning. This happened because he pasted his paper in the message field of the mail he sent to the teacher, as well as attaching the .doc as an attachment. When he hadn't really cheated at all, it's learning was dumb enough to pick up both papers, and accuse him of "cheating on himself" if you will. (Needless to say, that error has been plugged by the itslearning developers now).

8432828[/snapback]

You could've told the teacher that you took a back-up earlier, so he didn't have any reason for accusing you for cheating. On the other side, is it so in the school systems that you have to prove your innocence rather being innocent untill proven guilty?

(I have no idea if this is written correct, so if you see any mistakes, please tell me)

Edit: Innosence was rewritten to innocence.

Endret av Minus
Lenke til kommentar
This thread is kind of loosing its touch, huh...

8453964[/snapback]

Sorry to ask, but what touch is it loosing?

Allways remember this thread as a place were English were spoken, some better then others, and some with really bad English, and the themes that have been up here are of wide aspects...But yes, maby it has lost a bit of it so called touch

Lenke til kommentar

Yay! Dualcore! I have just ordered my first dualcore processor from Amentio now. I must say there aren't many stores selling the "old" 939 processors anymore, but I am not upgrading to AM2 yet because it isn't worth is pricewise or performance (orddeling her?) wise. I am also going to a LAN party on friday, I hope they will deliver it by then.

Lenke til kommentar
Yay! Dualcore! I have just ordered my first dualcore processor from Amentio now. I must say there aren't many stores selling the "old" 939 processors anymore, but I am not upgrading to AM2 yet because it isn't worth is pricewise or performance (orddeling her?) wise. I am also going to a LAN party on friday, I hope they will deliver it by then.

8454020[/snapback]

I bought my first dualcore last year, the very first really cheap Intel P-805D @ 2G ram with a 64 Mb passive graphic card. I must say I was a bit disappointed to realize that there was not much gain in performance compared to the replaced AMD duron 1200 @ 384 Mb. The New one was too slow for Vista at top.

The real issue to consider is finding the right software. The dc will not reveal its true potential unless you have software specificly written to take advantage of both cores. A list of multi core ready software can be found here: https://www.diskusjon.no/index.php?showtopic=604264&hl=

Dual core or no dual core. The real performance boost, especially when running the power drainig Vista monster, is a to upgrade to a better graphic card. Now my Vista is running fair enough. But I had to give it Dual core, 4G ram and a Nvidia 7600 @ 512 mb SDram to really make it run smoothly.

Endret av pwd3679
Lenke til kommentar
Hah. Dual Core?

Anything less than Quad Core is for losers. :)

8456798[/snapback]

I oredered my d-core 2006-04-06 23:22. for 1250 kr. I expect it to be enough for at least 5 to 6 years before next major upgrade. What's the real benefit from multicore above dual anyway? Enlighten me.

Endret av pwd3679
Lenke til kommentar
This thread is kind of loosing its touch, huh...

8453964[/snapback]

Sorry to ask, but what touch is it loosing?

Allways remember this thread as a place were English were spoken, some better then others, and some with really bad English, and the themes that have been up here are of wide aspects...But yes, maby it has lost a bit of it so called touch

8453998[/snapback]

There's no need to get your panties all up in a bunch, I was just trying to breathe some interest/life back into this sucker...

Lenke til kommentar

8454020[/snapback]

I bought my first dualcore last year, the very first really cheap Intel P-805D @ 2G ram with a 64 Mb passive graphic card. I must say I was a bit disappointed to realize that there was not much gain in performance compared to the replaced AMD duron 1200 @ 384 Mb. The New one was too slow for Vista at top.

The real issue to consider is finding the right software. The dc will not reveal its true potential unless you have software specificly written to take advantage of both cores. A list of multi core ready software can be found here: https://www.diskusjon.no/index.php?showtopic=604264&hl=

Dual core or no dual core. The real performance boost, especially when running the power drainig Vista monster, is a to upgrade to a better graphic card. Now my Vista is running fair enough. But I had to give it Dual core, 4G ram and a Nvidia 7600 @ 512 mb SDram to really make it run smoothly.

8456495[/snapback]

I have a 7800GT, that'll do fine for now.

Lenke til kommentar

I must admit that I've never played CS. But if I did I probably would spew out Newtons laws, Einsteins relativity theory, and other crap.

Anyhow, gaming in general probably won't help your English very much, seeing as most of what you would be talking about would be done in "gaming lingo". However I could see stuff like the Xbox live thing where you acutally talk through a headset maybe doing some good.

Edit: Fruktkake: You nick kinda sucks when you translate it to English ;-)

Hehe, that's true. But I ment roleplaying and such. A little more advanced gaming then "doubble doors, dark, yeah ownagelol".

Maybe I should transfer my human priest from Sylvanas to a role-playing server.

Could be hard to convince my friends to do the same, though.

8460074[/snapback]

Like, my fireball kicks, like, so much ass ;-)

All jokes aside. The best way to learn english is use it. Next time you post something on your website (or anywhere else on the net for that matter) write it in English, and translate it to Norwegian. And if your into gaming, start reading English gaming magazines.

Dobbeltpost slått sammen. Bruk knappen merket "Rediger" neste gang. :)

-Marley

Lenke til kommentar

Cyclo: If you take the human female's jokes and well, general appearance into account, that kind of sentence would not be too far out of character for a human female mage :p

What really boosts your english skills is reading (well that and watching He-Man, Transformers, GI-Joe, Carebears, Garfield, Thundercats and ten other shows from 08-12 in the morning each weekend from ages 4-8. :p ).

If you are into roleplaying (In the true sense of the word), check out www.rpol.net. If you find a good group of mature players, it can be like contributing to a novel.

Endret av MrLee
Lenke til kommentar
What really boosts your english skills is reading (well that and watching He-Man, Transformers, GI-Joe, Carebears, Garfield, Thundercats and ten other shows from 08-12 in the morning each weekend from ages 4-8. :p ).

8460336[/snapback]

That is so true. Read anything, anywhere, anytime. So many people say that you only learn from reading "serious" literature. That is just not the case. Even the most trashy literature boost your knowledge. Fatacy for example is a great way of learning more.

You wouldn't believe how many kids in the states have learned to read thanks to mad magazine.

OT: MrLee... You have stolen my name. My name is actually Mr. Lee. I think I might demand royalties from your posts here ;-)

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...