Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
Yeah, sorry about that. :blush:

8405945[/snapback]

What's to be sorry about. One can't expect to be perfect, or one wouldn't be human :)

8405956[/snapback]

It's not like I was "truly sorry", hehe. I just meant that it was an irritating error to make, given that when you read the sentence out loud, it's pretty obvious what sounds best :)

Lenke til kommentar
It's not like I was "truly sorry", hehe. I just meant that it was an irritating error to make, given that when you read the sentence out loud, it's pretty obvious what sounds best  :)

8405988[/snapback]

In that case i agree completely and you should be ashamed of yourself..

:tease:

8406005[/snapback]

Hehe, word up! :thumbup:

Lenke til kommentar
Oh bollocks!

Can those of you who quoted me on the homework help please remove the quote? The plagiarism control will find it. Not that it is much of a problem...buuut.

8407971[/snapback]

That control I certainly hate :ermm:

8416059[/snapback]

What's that? Something to do with English papers or something? Duplicating and plagiating and cheating?

Lenke til kommentar
Oh bollocks!

Can those of you who quoted me on the homework help please remove the quote? The plagiarism control will find it. Not that it is much of a problem...buuut.

8407971[/snapback]

That control I certainly hate :ermm:

8416059[/snapback]

True, though to be on the safe side, you could always google for "plagiarism control". I found a decent program here the other day (don't remember the name), that I sometimes use when I hand in papers. It gives you a percentage of identical words found on the net, and references to sources where similarities/copied material occur.

Lenke til kommentar
Yes, our English teacher loves the plagiarism control program which our school uses, and she tells us all the time how effective it is and how screwed we are if she finds out we are using copied material...and so on..and so on

8417969[/snapback]

Well, any more than three similiar words in the same context is considered cheating..

Lenke til kommentar

Remember that. So if you use the following words "That is the" or similar, you're screwed...

:tease:

edit: So there will be some actual substance to my posting:

Does it ever happen to you that you know exactly which phrase or word you would use for something in English, but for the life of you you are unable to think of the Norwegian equivalent?

Assuming you are native Norwegian with Norwegian as your primary language of course.

Endret av MrLee
Lenke til kommentar
Yes, our English teacher loves the plagiarism control program which our school uses, and she tells us all the time how effective it is and how screwed we are if she finds out we are using copied material...and so on..and so on

8417969[/snapback]

Well, any more than three similiar words in the same context is considered cheating..

8419179[/snapback]

Think it is five :hmm:

Lenke til kommentar

I took my BCG shot today, my arm feels a little funny right now.

When talking about cheating. I never cheat at tests, but my teacher is very scared of me doing it since I know more about computers than him. So when I was doing my Norwegian mock exam, he said I couldn't use my computer (in which the state paid for :roll), and he gave me some of the fill inn workers had used. I noticed it was rather unstable and had spyware on it. Hence when we were having evaluation of our tests I took a backup of my work on my USB pen in case the computer'd crash. Later on I handed my work on the teachers USB pen and asked him if I could have a copy of my work (my backup had an old verision of the work). I handed him my pen and when he saw the backup and thoud I had brought work from home. I was taken out of the class room and questioned, the truth sounded like a really bad excuse but it was the truth. He said he belived me, but I dunno. The test was aprooved, but I think he has an eye out for me which is pretty annoying. I never cheat at school anyway.

Lenke til kommentar

I cheat constantly! Difference is, I always get away with it :D

That being said, I don't cheat constantly, though it does happen a bit too often.

@Complexity: Even though teachers don't bother to do plagiarism controls, the fact is that when a paper is handed in through a service such as itslearning, the plagiarism control is automatic. In fact, just the other day I had a friend of mine being "caught" for having plagiarized material. He got a "100% copied material" when he handed his paper in through itslearning. This happened because he pasted his paper in the message field of the mail he sent to the teacher, as well as attaching the .doc as an attachment. When he hadn't really cheated at all, it's learning was dumb enough to pick up both papers, and accuse him of "cheating on himself" if you will. (Needless to say, that error has been plugged by the itslearning developers now).

Lenke til kommentar
Does it ever happen to you that you know exactly which phrase or word you would use for something in English, but for the life of you you are unable to think of the Norwegian equivalent?

8419217[/snapback]

YES! all the time!

Assuming you are native Norwegian with Norwegian as your primary language of course.

8419217[/snapback]

Oh. nevermind :hmm:

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...