Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
And why, exactly, do we need this thread?

8115381[/snapback]

To improve our English by using it everyday in casual conversation.

8115399[/snapback]

It fails me to see the nescessarity. The problem with youth in our country at this day in age, is that they already focus to much on other languages than our own and become illiterate.

Illiterate as in flawed. As in bad norwegian.

Besides, this is not but a poor copy of the good old SO.

Endret av SnittLeif
Lenke til kommentar
And why, exactly, do we need this thread?

8115381[/snapback]

To improve our English by using it everyday in casual conversation.

8115399[/snapback]

It fails me to see the nescessarity. The problem with youth in our country at this day in age, is that they already focus to much on other languages than our own and become illiterate.

8115435[/snapback]

So why don't you get the hell out of here?

Lenke til kommentar

8115465[/snapback]

Personally, i rise myself above such harrasment, kiddie. I was simply asking about the significance for having this thread.

I did not say the following:

- I hate this place

- This is a bogus piece of shit thread

- I don't want to be here

I simply can't understand why this thread excists.

I love the english language and i have always been able to grasp it with ease, so i will stay here. Only to bug the crap out of you, The"wiz"

Lenke til kommentar

8115465[/snapback]

Personally, i rise myself above such harrasment, kiddie. I was simply asking about the significance for having this thread.

I did not say the following:

- I hate this place

- This is a bogus piece of shit thread

- I don't want to be here

I simply can't understand why this thread excists.

I love the english language and i have always been able to grasp it with ease, so i will stay here. Only to bug the crap out of you, The"wiz"

8115543[/snapback]

Well, i was just pointing out that if you don't like this thread or don't see the meaning off it, take the matter with a mod. (which has agreed to let it stay open, because of it's purpose) or read the first post.

And another thing; don't call me ''kiddie'' and don't make fun of my user name.

Lenke til kommentar

SnittLeif: You are welcome to stay here, your grammar and spelling are both exceptional, but your structure and composition leave some to be desired. This thread will probably help you on your way to mastering the English language, if that's of interest.

If you have no interest in improving your English and don't like this thread, than we'll be happy to show you the door. It doesn't really matter if you don't see a reason for it's existence, as long as the users and the moderators do.

Lenke til kommentar

What you pointed out is that i could get the hell away, wich was easy enough to understand in the first place.

8115591[/snapback]

You should've thought of that before you told me to get the hell away, wizkid.

EDIT: But seriously though, i only asked. I came with a simple question of why this thread excisted. I got an answer, but i wondered if there were more to it than that.

So, boys, stop acting all "Ahmagaaah, that dude don't like our thread, we should tell him to fuck off"

Endret av SnittLeif
Lenke til kommentar

8115435[/snapback]

Acutally, Norway is not an exception in this matter. This is a world wide problem, and countries like the US are getting lower scores on grammar and language tests than most European countries. Despite the fact that they don't have to struggle with two languages.

I think it's a good thing that the Norwegian youth starts to learn English at the age of 5-6, this drastically increases their language skills, and it will help them a lot later in life if they choose to learn a third language.

Lenke til kommentar

SnittLeif: Never crossed your mind that the people that participates in this thread already have an exceptional oral and written Norwegian language, and wants to improve their English by using it more often?

I certainly like this thread, because I'm not a great English writer like you and SteffyPants, but I get to practice.

Actually, I think persons like you are very welcome to this thread, based upon your excellence in writing. :)

Got a suggestion to the first-thread, how about adding some grammar rules?

I am

You are

He/she/it is

We are

You are

They are

Something like this? I have no idea if it's correct, though.

What does the rest of you think?

Endret av KristianG
Lenke til kommentar
There should definitely be a spell-check feature implemented in this forum ^^

8112311[/snapback]

I second that statement. It would come in handy, especially when you're writing longer posts where you don't notice small but annoying errors.

8112776[/snapback]

Rubbish :!:

The true beliver would never condescend to spell checker level. It's all in your mind... And a little bit in Clue.exe...

Use the Force, Use the Force...

Lenke til kommentar
What you pointed out is that i could get the hell away, wich was easy enough to understand in the first place.

8115591[/snapback]

You should've thought of that before you told me to get the hell away, wizkid.

EDIT: But seriously though, i only asked. I came with a simple question of why this thread excisted. I got an answer, but i wondered if there were more to it than that.

So, boys, stop acting all "Ahmagaaah, that dude don't like our thread, we should tell him to fuck off"

8115611[/snapback]

I think it's more the fact that your tone is really upper-class provocing shit!

Well, not only the tone, but your behavior. You call him kiddie, while you are talking (writing to be precise) like a 13-year old wanna be cool kiddo.

I've got some suggestions:

Start using capital i, 'cause "jeg = I"

Fix your tone and behavior

Start doing some research before making far off statments

or ... fuck off you fucking twat.

Endret av -Nikken
Lenke til kommentar
I think it's more the fact that your tone is really upper-class provocing shit!

Well, not only the tone, but your behavior. You call him kiddie, while you are talking (writing to be precise) like a 13-year old wanna be cool kiddo.

I've got some suggestions:

Start using capital i, 'cause "jeg = I"

Fix your tone and behavior

Start doing some research before making far off statments

or ... fuck off you fucking twat.

8119633[/snapback]

Still, I only asked a question. When people then tell me to get the hell away, I take it personally and I take my revenge in however small dosage it may be.

Thank you for pointing out that I don't use capital i's when I should be. I will take that into consideration and try harder to grasp it.

I'm not really sure about exactly what it is you want me to research, but if you tell me I will try.

By the way, if you want that last line correct its "fuck off, you fucking twat". One can't start skipping the usage of commas either :)

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...