Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

At this time, I am having German in school. This is one of the subjects I hate the most, well just had to say it. :fun:

7499417[/snapback]

Want to switch to french, perhaps? It can't possibly get any worse :nei:

7502463[/snapback]

I had German for three years in school, so I got German "B" language now. I am not a good language-man, and I am really bad in German, even tough I had it for three years before vgs. Our teacher said, if I worked hard before Christmas, my Christmas-grade would be a week 3..So you see how goo I am.

French would not be wise to choose, since I got no knowledge in French, and then I would have to have foreign language last year as well, which I do not have to have now.

Lenke til kommentar
  • 2 uker senere...
Videoannonse
Annonse

I was just wondering, should we begin correcting the errors of others, so that one not only gets practice, but also may rid oneself of unnecessary writing errors? As jh_ mentions here, at present one will only maintain ones skill, not improve it.

It could of course be viewed upon as flaming, and does actually go against the board rules, but this isn't a typical thread, so specific rules – which would have to be clearly listed in the first post – could perhaps apply here. This is just a suggestion, and, of course, open for debate.

Lenke til kommentar
I was just wondering, should we begin correcting the errors of others, so that one not only gets practice, but also may rid oneself of unnecessary writing errors? As jh_ mentions here, at present one will only maintain ones skill, not improve it.

It could of course be viewed upon as flaming, and does actually go against the board rules, but this isn't a typical thread, so specific rules – which would have to be clearly listed in the first post – could perhaps apply here. This is just a suggestion, and, of course, open for debate.

7583562[/snapback]

Sounds like a good idea, but I am afraid people just will get owned by the very skilled englishwriters... Perhaps the wholethread will loose it's original "fire"...

Lenke til kommentar

7583562[/snapback]

Sounds like a good idea, but I am afraid people just will get owned by the very skilled englishwriters... Perhaps the wholethread will loose it's original "fire"...

7583585[/snapback]

Skilled englishwriters, come on, own me :cool:

Lenke til kommentar

The last couple of months, I've watch a lot of documentaries focusing on the ongoing war in Iraq. These are avaiable from different sites '

like Google Video and independent news sources providers. Besides been a healthy alternative input to the norwegian input of the media reality, the documentaries deals more at the suffering of the civil Iraqi people. Most of them are produced by western media and contains either english text og commentary. So if your in to having another version of this terrible war, the media is out there. ;)

Lenke til kommentar
This thread was indeed good. I like it. These days, I am an foreign exchange student in the USA. In Iowa to be correct. And my weekest class here is offcourse english. As you can see, I suck at it.

Jens

7588291[/snapback]

Then you should hang around in this post more often then. We have a exchange student from Germany in our class, she is as good in English, as in French and German. But I "beat" her in Norwegian :!:

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet-PJ3x8Q2w

I've always been good at writing English and I can thank my unsocial life infront of the television as a child for that. And I practice my English everyday when I play a online game called Tibia. My English vocabulary isn't that big but I feel that it's good enough to be able to communicate with people. Though I feel that my English is good I know it's far from great. One of my biggest problems with English is knowing when to use a/an. I have never gotten that, and I never will. One thing I may mix up is I were instead of I was. It just sounds much better so I just automaticly write it sometimes.

When it comes to my oral English then it's much the same. I've learned how to pronounce most normal English words through television. I've also been told by some people that I have a British accent. Something I'm glad about, because I don't want to be like Petter Solberg.

Anyway, I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year! May your wishes come true and your luck change for the better :roll:

Edit: Forgot a word :whistle:

Endret av Slettet-PJ3x8Q2w
Lenke til kommentar
One of my biggest problems with English is knowing when to use a/an. I have never gotten that, and I never will.

Well, that's very simple, actually. 'An' before words starting with a vowel sound (notice that; it's the sound, not the letter itself), and 'a' before words starting with a consonant sound.

There are no other rules than that (not that I know of). How hard can that be? :)

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...