Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

I'm bored. It's a god damn thunderstorm outside. :cry:

7312067[/snapback]

Damn thunderstorms!! The lightning striked here into the electrical system. Killing my modem, a laptop battery charger, a carport elevator and all the wired telephones in the house. And a major transformator died as well and left us without electricity for six hours. Luckily the Pc, switches, monitors and wifi was saved by an fast and trustable overload fuse.

Hi everyone.Haven't seen this thread before now, weird.

Usually read alot of english. My father is from England, and half of my family is from England. Anyone else with a english background?

I'm shure if you hang around, there will be native english speaking members here as well sooner or later.

Irony is a nice word. I'm Trying to get better in english :)

Hang around, write long answers, look up any words you might be unshure of. This is just as much a practice/training thread as it is a GDiE.

Has anyone started buying christmas gifts yet?

I have thought about it. It's the same every year. But unfortanetly it ends up to be a nightmarish rush at 23dec or so, as usual...

Omg, is this like "last word" in English?

IF SO...It was newer the intention of this thread to be a thread for chatting and one word-posting and answers with just smilys in post.

Now when "Siste Ordet 5" is closed. I can spam here instead.

No you cannot. The rules for this thread is yet to be written.A potencal rule could be for instance:

"No posting unless you have at least two sentences to come up with."

"Nynorsk" is the real language of Norway.

"Nynorsk" is a language spoken all over Norway.

"Bokmål" is the language the danish brougth with them. :)

English is the language the british brought to America. If it's native that counts, the official language of USA today is American Indian languages: http://www.native-languages.org/

Endret av pwd3679
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

7319932[/snapback]

What's fun is that Ivar Aasen deliberately avoided all the big cities when he was walking around and making his language, so you can't say that it's used all over Norway:p And nynorsk aint a spoken languages, it's just writing.

Endret av Lord-Myrrah
Lenke til kommentar

7319932[/snapback]

What's fun is that Ivar Aasen deliberately avoided all the big cities when he was walking around and making his language, so you can't say that it's used all over Norway:p And nynorsk aint a spoken languages, it's just writing.

7325246[/snapback]

My quess of why Ivar Aasen avoided the big cities is because the bokmål was written and spoken there.

Nynorsk is the native norwegian language and speech.

Neither bokmål and nynorsk is talked in Norway. We all uses "dialekter"

Lenke til kommentar

Okay, but I believe some people do speak true nynorsk, not only write it.

And not only "dialekt".

And I guess many dislike it, just as many people dislike storms and thunder and lightning and rain and stuff.

We're all different with different taste and meaning and stuff.

It would be boring if we all was the same and had the same meanings and interests and such.

I'm sure glad I'm the only liberal-communist with a touch of anarchy and chaos and lazyness I know :p

Lenke til kommentar
Could anyone help me with me English-speech?

Or, the writing it selfs is a pretty good training to get a better grade in English on school.

Anything you could help me with?  :love:

And, of course, correct me with my English-pronounce.

7325517[/snapback]

Shure. Hang around as much as you can, and your skills will soon improve to fluent.

Lenke til kommentar
Could anyone help me with me English-speech?

Or, the writing it selfs is a pretty good training to get a better grade in English on school.

Anything you could help me with?  :love:

And, of course, correct me with my English-pronounce.

7325517[/snapback]

Shure. Hang around as much as you can, and your skills will soon improve to fluent.

7325574[/snapback]

Thanks. I like the language, and it's important for me and my education (Working with programs and programming).

And again, correct me if I'm wrong.. :D

EDIT: It's "sure" and not "shure", or am i wrong now?

Endret av tissedam
Lenke til kommentar

7325380[/snapback]

No, it's not. We don't have such a language. Nynorsk is just a soup of the few dialect Aasen bothered to collect words from.

7325508[/snapback]

Saying that Nynorsk is the native norwegian language is utter rubbish. It isn't. It's a mix of (mainly) West-Norwegian dialects, and therefore represents in large those dialects, but not so much the rest of the country.

The only "native" language in Norway is Samisk. And Old-Norrønt was the original speech in Norway.

Nynorsk is a product of nationalism, and it was needed in the 19th century Norway of illiterate and culturally demented people who didn't have the same possibility to understand the different dialects of the country, in relation to todays society. Even written Danish would be hard to understand.

Today on the other hand, I don't see very many people struggeling to understand Bokmål, especially since it's so far appart from Danish.

Lenke til kommentar

Hey forumguys! I have english wholeday-test tomorrow at school, so I thought I'd just come by and practice my english. Nice thread by the way, I really enjoy an opportunity to use english language after school-hours.

And I must agree (even though I hate nynorsk) that is is "the real" norwegian.,because its a sum of all the different dialects through-out the country. Maybe if It wasn't for Ivar Aasen we would've been going around talking danish.

Lenke til kommentar

No no no. Nynorsk is a compilation of different dialects. Most of these dialects are from Vestlandet.

Most Norwegians don't live there. Actually.

But yes, it has some similarities to my northern dialect, but I really don't like writing dialect. I want my written language to be a bit more serious, and have a bit more distance to my spoken language, than Nynorsk.

Lenke til kommentar

7325380[/snapback]

No, it's not. We don't have such a language. Nynorsk is just a soup of the few dialect Aasen bothered to collect words from.

7325508[/snapback]

Nynorsk is the closest we come to the real norwegian language.

7325709[/snapback]

I am pretty agreed with you. Nynorsk where the old Danish language, but through the Union, the language spread to Norway, and became the language we today call "Nynorsk".

And yes - Aasen was involved both in the Danish language, and Nynorsk.

That's what i have learned on school.. :whistle:

Lenke til kommentar

Lay down the bloody law for this thread! We don't want any spamming here!

What frustrates me about English on an educational level, is the lack of challenges. Man, I haven't had a single challenge in English since my first year at Junior High School. It's so desperately annoying that I have to work with grammar tasks like "Insert [grammatical term] in this sentence" and "Translate this sentence". I want something challenging and exciting. I'd really like to write a long paper about something complicated. But I can't. They're not allowed to hand out special tasks to students.

Endret av Marley
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...