Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

All the worlds languages are similar. when i say world, i don't mean just Midgård, i mean the whole earth-

I discoveredv very recently, that i can read Niederlandish on the back of shampoo-bottles.

I have read that all languages comes from one ancient one.

Most languages did not develop in total isolation so there are many similarities, some much more than others depending on geographical and social isolation. This is what makes american dialects so interesting since they are uniquely influenced by so many different waves of immigrants in addition to the american obsession with reinvention.

Especially clever are the african americans who invent new slang for the whole world every year. For americans it is very comical to watch you norwegians and europeans try to rap ghetto style and we wonder why you don't come up with many dominant powerful pop trends.

Anyways just curious..

Lenke til kommentar

All the worlds languages are similar. when i say world, i don't mean just Midgård, i mean the whole earth-

I discoveredv very recently, that i can read Niederlandish on the back of shampoo-bottles.

I have read that all languages comes from one ancient one.

Most languages did not develop in total isolation so there are many similarities, some much more than others depending on geographical and social isolation. This is what makes american dialects so interesting since they are uniquely influenced by so many different waves of immigrants in addition to the american obsession with reinvention.

Especially clever are the african americans who invent new slang for the whole world every year. For americans it is very comical to watch you norwegians and europeans try to rap ghetto style and we wonder why you don't come up with many dominant powerful pop trends.

Anyways just curious..

I hate hip-hop. I wish it was forbidden.

I long for the old days of the great warriors such as Eysteinn inn illráði

lived,and when good musik was made.

For this to happen, all people that do not have documents of ancestry dating back to 1500 must be banned.

Offcourse 1500 is modern day time but there wherent any immigration then.

Lenke til kommentar

You do realize that Swedish, Norwegian and Danish are closer related than most other languages around?

Perhaps other than Serbian and Bosnian. Not in writing, but vocally.

I thought it was like Norwegian and Swedish, but evidently they're as similar as our dialects.

Why do i know this? I have one colleagues who is Serbian and another one who is Bosnian.

Lenke til kommentar

As far as I've read, Bosnian and Serbian are both taught in both countries, so wouldn't surprise me that they're quite similar.

I long for the old days of the great warriors such as Eysteinn inn illráði

lived,and when good musik was made.

For this to happen, all people that do not have documents of ancestry dating back to 1500 must be banned.

Offcourse 1500 is modern day time but there wherent any immigration then.

What's wrong with hip-hop? It's a musical genre just like any other. Who gives you the right to say what should be allowed or not?

The "old days" weren't nearly as glamorous and heroic as the story make them seem. What do you know of immigration and such in the 1500s?

Lenke til kommentar
What's wrong with hip-hop? It's a musical genre just like any other. Who gives you the right to say what should be allowed or not?

The "old days" weren't nearly as glamorous and heroic as the story make them seem. What do you know of immigration and such in the 1500s?

It shouldn't be allowed because it's not a part of the western/norse kulture.

It teaches the wrong values such as hatred towards women and capitalizm.

And it gloryfies violence and theft. This influences children.

All i'm saying is: don't play it on the radio.

Lenke til kommentar

There is either immaturity, ignorance or some combination of both present in these statements.

African americans have lived in western culture(USA) as long as it has existed and the music you listen to today, pop/rock and roll would not be here without african american culture. The Beatles, Stones etc.. derived their music from the jazz/Blues

Furthermore, whatever you label as western norse pop music is hardly less sexist or violent.

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+981287349

I hate rap more.

But we all have different tastes, let other people enjoy their music taste, and don't complain to them about it.

Lenke til kommentar

Norse culture? Are you talking about the viking culture, where women were raped and kidnapped? Or are you talking about our current culture?

Wrong values? Who the heck gets their morals and attitudes from musical lyrics? That's the parent's job. If kids act like the songs they listen to, then it's the parent's lack of parenting that's the problem here.

All you're saying is not "don't play it on the radio", you want to ban and remove everything not "norse".

Lenke til kommentar

Norse culture? Are you talking about the viking culture, where women were raped and kidnapped? Or are you talking about our current culture?

Wrong values? Who the heck gets their morals and attitudes from musical lyrics? That's the parent's job. If kids act like the songs they listen to, then it's the parent's lack of parenting that's the problem here.

All you're saying is not "don't play it on the radio", you want to ban and remove everything not "norse".

In the viking age women where very good treated. As equals.

You should learn your history and stop beliving in myths

Lenke til kommentar

There is a lot of speculation though there are a lot of findings as well. Most misconception is that Vikings, all of them, raped, plundered and stole what ever they came over but that too is a myth, many vikings were "nomad" like, travelling around, and many of them were farmers as well. And were they moved, the women moved with them.

Also findings contradict the general view of vikings disrespecting their women, in fact, women were highly regarded and when committed to a man she had an elevated status in the household, more or less a keeper of it, and this was highly regarded as well amongst the vikings, seen as these women were buried with the keys, as well as in fancy dresses and riches. It doesn't tell one sided about a brutal and savage civilisation. Of course, not all vikings were nice people, but nothing has changed in modern world, not all of us today are nice people and even today our "own" people rape and murder, yet we do not judge the entire race because of it. Bad eggs happen.

Look at the "oseberg" queen, and what style she was buried in. Ship, riches and her finest dress. It doesn't exactly tell a one sided conclusive story, rather the opposite.

Lenke til kommentar

There is a lot of speculation though there are a lot of findings as well. Most misconception is that Vikings, all of them, raped, plundered and stole what ever they came over but that too is a myth, many vikings were "nomad" like, travelling around, and many of them were farmers as well. And were they moved, the women moved with them.

Also findings contradict the general view of vikings disrespecting their women, in fact, women were highly regarded and when committed to a man she had an elevated status in the household, more or less a keeper of it, and this was highly regarded as well amongst the vikings, seen as these women were buried with the keys, as well as in fancy dresses and riches. It doesn't tell one sided about a brutal and savage civilisation. Of course, not all vikings were nice people, but nothing has changed in modern world, not all of us today are nice people and even today our "own" people rape and murder, yet we do not judge the entire race because of it. Bad eggs happen.

Look at the "oseberg" queen, and what style she was buried in. Ship, riches and her finest dress. It doesn't exactly tell a one sided conclusive story, rather the opposite.

Still, no matter how you cut it life was harsh from the elements and disease and norway's egalitarian nanny state today hardly compares to the viking hierarchy of yore. Furthermore the resistance to foreign culture is hardly a viking tradition. The vikings were excellent assimilators and were heavily influenced by the cultures they were exposed to. Instinctively they understood that cultural exchange advances societies more than it hinders them. Ignorance and isolation ultimately lead to mediocrity at best and destruction at worst. The most significant advances in civilisation happen when the best of diverse ideas merge, not from going down the same old train of thought.

Reject other races and cultures at your own peril.

Lenke til kommentar

What's up with this discussion about music? What do you guys think would happen if we removed one of the genres from the musical history? The most probable thing is that most of the music you love never will be the same. I say egads to you all. I love all types of music. I have favorites in every genre, and i am proud of it

Lenke til kommentar

What's up with this discussion about music? What do you guys think would happen if we removed one of the genres from the musical history? The most probable thing is that most of the music you love never will be the same. I say egads to you all. I love all types of music. I have favorites in every genre, and i am proud of it

I agree, all forms of creative expression have their place and value, if nothing else to explore the full range of human emotion. What I find interesting is that the origins of almost all pop music evolve from african american culture and the record for europeans to create pop trends is very weak.

BTW Egads is normally not used in the way in which you used it. Egads is normally used to illustrate general fear like Yikes!, Oh no!

Lenke til kommentar

What's up with this discussion about music? What do you guys think would happen if we removed one of the genres from the musical history? The most probable thing is that most of the music you love never will be the same.  I say egads to you all. I love all types of music. I have favorites in every genre, and i am proud of it

I agree, all forms of creative expression have their place and value, if nothing else to explore the full range of human emotion.  What I find interesting is that the origins of almost all pop music evolve from african american culture and the record for europeans to create pop trends is very weak.

BTW Egads is normally not used in the way in which you used it.  Egads is normally used to illustrate general fear like Yikes!, Oh no!

Get you facts straight, man. I can say "Egads, folks! bla bla bla BLABLA!", or I can say "I say egads to you all" Prove me wrong and I will gladly stop using the phrase as I do

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...