Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Then I thank thee 2balls for saving that which was on the verge of disappearing... to the 2nd page of this forum :)

I haven't actually gotten as far as reading that trilogy, but I'll be sure to put it up. As per now I'm reading one of my all time favourite authors out there; Stephen King. I've just started a new on "The dark tower" series with "The gunslinger" being read just now. Fantastic imaginative writing that's not afraid of taking daunting ways and do things that some might say is evil. Just love it.

I don't recommend it as a "light" reading though, it's not directly heavy but something in between :)

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

I've been thinking of reading some stephen king for a while, acctually. I just have to read "The riftwar saga"(trilogy) and "the grails covenant"(trilogy) first..

I like trilogys. Magic number, that.. three..

Edit: I openly wish I had magic powers..

Endret av 2ball(s)
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+13412342564

Cars are just in the way. Remove all the cars, make all public transport work properly and let people use bikes. Waaayyy better.

Sorry dude, the biggest problem with public transport is that it's public. I rarely get a seat on the way to school, and if I do you can bet your socks that it's between a smelly fat guy and a mom with a crying/screaming baby.

Unless, of course, by properly you mean: Enough seats, showing up on time and for it to be quicker.

As for Stephen King, have you tried "The Dark Tower" (it's a little more than 3 books, but what the hey? :p)

Lenke til kommentar

Cars are just in the way. Remove all the cars, make all public transport work properly and let people use bikes. Waaayyy better.

Sorry dude, the biggest problem with public transport is that it's public. I rarely get a seat on the way to school, and if I do you can bet your socks that it's between a smelly fat guy and a mom with a crying/screaming baby.

Unless, of course, by properly you mean: Enough seats, showing up on time and for it to be quicker.

Of course the public transports should be adequate enough to replace vehicles. That's the whole point. When I take the bus, there's always a place for me to sit unless I'm the last one onboard. During the rush hour, there's a couple that has to stand for 3-4 stops before they can sit down.

So yeah, more and better public transport over stupid personal transport.

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest Slettet+13412342564

Of course the public transports should be adequate enough to replace vehicles. That's the whole point. When I take the bus, there's always a place for me to sit unless I'm the last one onboard. During the rush hour, there's a couple that has to stand for 3-4 stops before they can sit down.

So yeah, more and better public transport over stupid personal transport.

Tell that to the government ^^

As of now, personal transport is necessary, simple because the public transport is already fully loaded (and, a lot of times, late). Endret av Slettet+13412342564
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest medlem-1432

When I take the bus in the morning it`s almost always full packed, and i must stand. I liked it more before, when i could drive my car to work. Now i have gotten my bike down here, so my plan is to cycle to school now, when it is not snow though. :)

Lenke til kommentar

When I take the bus in the morning, it's almost always fully packed, and I have to stand. I liked it more before, when I could drive my car to work. Now I have gotten my bike down here, so my plan is to cycle to school now, when it is not snow. :)

You have some odd sentence-structures. It's hard to correct them without changing the entire buildup.

I prefered the old job(or home or whatever that caused it to change) which allowed me to drive to work. (When you say drive, you obviously mean your car, unless you're a motorcyclist.

Now that I've gotten my bicycle again, I plan to cycle to school every day unless it's snowing.

Personally, I find those sentences more "flowing", so to speak.

And as always, others are allowed to pick on my sentences too, I'm far from perfect.

Anyway, over to the topic at hand again.

Currently my method of transportation involve a bus, a ferry and either a tram or a city bike. It takes me roughly an hour each direction, and the physical part (biking) lasts around 5-7 minutes, depending on the green lights.

On the positive side, this allows me to spend roughly one hundred minutes per day reading up on my japanese, or I could read the news if I prefered doing that.

Lenke til kommentar
Gjest medlem-1432

It`s like when I read your corection I`m thinking why did I not write that, is`s sounds so much better. Hopefully I will get better..

There will fly pigs before I can correct something you wrote badly, thats for shure. Haha :p

That seemed like a long travel-way. Dont you get very tired when you finally come back home again after a workday?

Oh well. Soon breakfast I think.

Lenke til kommentar
It's like when I read your correction I'm thinking "why did I not write that, it sounds so much better". Hopefully I will get better..
Why do you always use the accent-marks instead of the apostrophe? ´ is not the same as ' :p /nitpick

There will fly pigs before I can correct something you wrote badly, that's for sure. Haha :p
I believe the correct wording of that is "Pigs will fly before...".

That seemed like a long travel-way. Don't you get very tired when you finally come back home again after a workday?
It is quite a long way to travel, indeed. If it had been half an hour shorter each way, I could fit in some workout at the company's gym too. But alas, if I did that now, I'd barely get some lovey-dovey-time with my computer. I'm quite fond of my free time, and go to great lengths to get the maximum enjoyment out of it.

Oh well. Soon breakfast I think.
I had breakfast (what others call lunch) two hours ago. Six slices of bread, a pint of apple juice and roughly half a melon. Yum! Endret av Slimda
Lenke til kommentar

Well, at least Lofoten has a shiny new hotel! *wink wink*

I know, the outer regions of Norway lack public transportation, and I wasn't suggesting we'd remove cars altogether, just in the major cities.

Heh, actually, Lofoten has more hotels per citizen than most big cities have. In the summer timer - from June to mid August - we have as much as 6 hotels open and 3 rorbu complexes just in Svolvær alone. At my hotel alone we have an average of 25 000 people visiting just in the summer time and that's just one hotel. In total I think Lofoten is visited by as much as 150 000 people during the 3 months of "summer" (since we haven't had anything close to summer this year).

As for breakfast: I haven't had any yet and my stomach tells me it's about dam time. But I have work in around an hour as well so I have to combine that with some fancy dinner or something. I wonder....

Lenke til kommentar

Hm Slimda, I have not noticed there were two different signs. So this is the correct sign to use: ' ?

That is the correct sign. The one you were using is usually placed above certain letters to give them a different sound.

coffee

I'm correcting spellingmistakes while waiting for a phonecall.

As for breakfast: I haven't had any yet and my stomach tells me it's about dam time. But I have work in around an hour as well so I have to combine that with some fancy dinner or something. I wonder....

Actually, I was thinking of a specific hotel, a rather shiny sparkly one consisting of big shiny windows. My company happens to own it, y'know.

Fancy dinner for breakfast? Outrageous, I want that too. Nothing like waking up and having dinner for breakfast, dinner for lunch and dinner for dinner. Then dinner for late-night snacks. Yum.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...