Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
Why "(The English Pub)"? Ye Olde Pub won. :(

I agree. Not really fair. This must have been added very recently, because when I visited this topic yesterday or whenever it was, it didn't say "The English Pub". Somebody better fix this very soon, or we'll start a riot.

Tha bloody hell!?? Com'on give me a break, now. The poll for name-change was up for a month with numerous reminders. The lazy "English Pub" party lost the election - simply because they didn't stood up for their chase like the winners, "Ye Olde Pub" party did.

However... If we, in some far future, are going to have another round for election, we will do it like this: The Party who sends me the most money in cash, wins the right to name the thread. Bidding starts at one million NOK. Bribes are allowed.

Endret av Lidskjalv
Lenke til kommentar

Ok this is starting to bother the living nuts of out me.

I have all this kinds of ideas for stories and trying to get these on paper. I start up word to write the outline of the story, nothing special, just something simple. And like light snow in a storm my thoughts go balongas and I just sit there staring on the white blank page.

I think I should find some hard brick wall and smash my head against it. At least something will come out of it, even if it's just a bad headache.

Lenke til kommentar

The last piece of writing I put aside for a few days was a 17 page story I thought was good, until I read it again. Ended up scrapping the whole thing.

But I guess you're right. I just, hm, I don't know how to start up. It's clear that any author should know where his stories are going, my problem is however that I know where it's going, I just don't know how to put words to it.

Mental images is hard to explain in words, I wonder how Stephen King manages it. I guess the answer to that is in a flight ticket to Main.

Lenke til kommentar
t's clear that any author should know where his stories are going, my problem is however that I know where it's going, I just don't know how to put words to it.

I never have the slightest idea how my stories are going to end. I just write what comes to my mind. Interestingly, it usually works quite well.

Need an advice, when do you use;

"you're vs you are"

"I'll"

Seen from an American English point of view?

You can decide for yourself if you want to use an apostrophe and join the subject and the verbal together. If you are intending to write formal, don't do it.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...