Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

I am now reading about the elements in the void; nifelheim and muspellheim, and the mother of all cows: audhumla.

And how the Fareo-islands was created.

It happend as so:

A woman that looked very dark, possibly from the miklagård area used Bulls to drag it away from Sweden (the land of King gylfe)

Lenke til kommentar
I am no Nerd, just a g33k :)
An 'individual', i.e. a person who does not conform to society's beliefs that all people should follow trends and do what their peers do. Often highly intelligent but socially rejected because of their obesssion with a given subject, usually computers. Unfortunately, nerds seem to have problems breeding, to the detriment of mankind as a whole.

"Nerds are clearly superior to us in every way.. Let's worship them as our Gods"

Note: Unlike the word "nerd," which is always pejorative, "geek" often carries a positive connotation when used by one of the group. The use of the term by outsiders is considered insulting.

"If you really need the right answer, check with Bob; he's our resident alpha geek."

Not to be confused with Nerd. A geek does not have to be smart, a Geek is someone who is generaly not athletic, and enjoys Video Games; Comic Books; being on the internet, and etc.
Endret av 2ball(s)
Lenke til kommentar

Who the hell hijacked the title of this topic and changed it from "The Pub" to "The English Pub?" And rewrote the "General discussion in English" into the title? In my opinion the title "The Pub" is the most suitable in form and factor and still have the ability to announce what the theme in the topic is. Who admin did this and why?

Give your explanation.

Lenke til kommentar
Who the hell hijacked the title of this topic and changed it from "The Pub" to "The English Pub?" And rewrote the "General discussion in English" into the title? In my opinion the title "The Pub" is the most suitable in form and factor and still have the ability to announce what the theme in the topic is. Who admin did this and why?

Give your explanation.

I'd prefer having it say "The Pub" as well. "The English Pub" doesn't sound too good in my ears, as it sounds to me like we're talking about an english pub - not a pub talking in english. The Pub goes a long way for me at least.

Lenke til kommentar

Another day in paradise. Sigh, I'm starting to get very tired of this job, but try finding another job here is like finding the fabled needle in a haystack.

I suppose I should be happy I have a job, but after now 4 years doing the same thing you start to get a little tired of it. I've sent a couple of applications but I haven't heard anything.

5 more days though, 5 more long days and I'll have 3 weeks of wonderful christmas vacation. To bad those 3 weeks are going to fly by.

As for the whole name debate, I like "The pub" as well much better than "The English pub". I associate a pub to be a place where you talk about everything. If we're going totally English we could call it "The filthy animal" or "The Lion and the Pig". Englishmen love to name their pubs with somewhat "funny" names :)

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...