Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
*Grabbing a red bull from the freezer :love:

and taking a well earned break from my exam studying by playing dragon age :D

The freezer :ph34r:? I would have kept my red bulls in the fridge not the freezer :!:

no, the freezer, because at my local store, they don't have it in any fridges, so they are quite warm when I buy them, store them into a freezer for an hour, hour and a half, and then they are icy cold :p

Lenke til kommentar

Dude, there must be something wrong with your installation then. I've used Windows 7 Ultimate since summer, and it's working flawlessly. My computer's just as fast as when I installed it. None of the guys at my office has noticed any problems with their Windows 7 installations either.

But, hey, no worries. Windows XP and Windows 7 are equally good for standard users, because most of our time is spent on the internet anyway. What Operating System you use to access the internet, doesn't matter. (unless it's one of those commandline-based linux-distros which don't have graphics)

Doesn't sound good. Still, I'll have to see how it goes myself. I'm really not aching to get back to XP at the moment.

Tried pressing the Windows-key + Tab? :p

Lenke til kommentar
Doesn't sound good. Still, I'll have to see how it goes myself. I'm really not aching to get back to XP at the moment.

Tried pressing the Windows-key + Tab? :p

Well, no - not before you suggested it actually :p I thought that they stripped that function from W7. Nice :wee:

Endret av Mr.Graves
Lenke til kommentar

First time I saw that, I accidentally clicked the hotkey. I was stunned. "What the hell just happened?"

So I had to try all sorts of key-combinations to find it again. THen I used it constantly for a whole day or two.

Haven't used it since. :p

Probably useful at work though, where I have tons of similar windows up at the same time. But there I still run Windows XP. It's nice to have XP, as it's safe and stuff. Hate having to search for stuff while trying to help someone over the support-phone. "uuh...I'll have to call you back, I can't remember where it was." Bah!

Lenke til kommentar
Just installed Windows 7 yesterday and I love it. Haven't encountered any errors or bugs yet, but I'm staying positive untill I do. Finally I can use all of my 4 gigs of RAM, seeing that I've only used Windows XP 32-bit in the past. Vista as it should have been.

Tried to install the RC1 a while ago, but it ended up in the "black screen of death" , in the boot sequence. Guess I'll have to make an absolutely clean install to make it work. But first I'll have to get my hands on one SSD disk.

I installed Windows 7 and thought "Oh this is good" but after 1 week my computer barley worked and every process grinded my computer to a halt. Turned out that Windows 7 used 80% more resources of the computer than XP did.

So now, I'm back to the upgraded OS; Windows XP.

Same. I'll stick to XP for now. But W7 upgrading is imminent.

Lenke til kommentar

Might have been something wrong with my installation, might not. One thing is for sure, I think the later OS like Vista and Windows 7 is making to big deal out of everything. If you want to fiddle with your WLAN setup you have to go through several menues, setups and those things to get there. No strait line. I still can't remember how to get to the WLAN setup in Vista and Windows 7, but in XP it's much easier.

I think I'm just an XP fanboy, I didn't manage to like Ubuntu either but that was because I spent several ours just getting dualboot working then another several ours just to get some programs installed. Had to go into the dam kernel and fiddle with some setups that I still don't understand at all. And of course some dam commands that makes no sense unless you're a Linux Guru.

Lenke til kommentar

I have been using windows 7 ultimate for quite a while now, and I must say it works great, I was quite mad though for a while when there wasn't a version of Daemon tools compatible with windows 7, I am however noticing performance getting worse, but then again, could probably be because of all of my HDDs are full, and certain errors created because of my lack of decency, lol.

Anyone here ever tried out any image editing programs? (paint counts, lol).

Endret av amir90
Lenke til kommentar

Each to his own I guess :)

Windows 7 always nagged me about security and everything, as well I had some programs that didn't work at all with it (like WoWModelviewer and WoWMapViewer).

As for image editing programs; only one I've tried is Photoshop, and that's only on a tried basis (and on a not so legal version, hrm hrm). Had to much work on trying to learn Source and Hammer (for leveling editing with Source based games, mostly Half-Life 2 though).

Lenke til kommentar

I see, I have been working on photoshop for quite some years now (only on spare time thou, not at a professional level,yet :D)

A really fun program indeed.

By the way, I don't think I will be active on any forums for at least 1 week now, oral exam on thursday in IT 2, I need to pass this one (correct me on this sentence), so I can start studying from January.

:Q

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...