Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

What's the point of a English "pub" when there's no English-speaking people here? I'll guess its because of training our English right?

Well, as far as I can recall, there was an english-speaking person here. I won't bother to go looking, but there has been a few here.

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Better to not give any impression that you're "perfect" in English than give an impression that you are, because then you have to guard every word you write :)

Let me make it very easy; I'm far from perfect in this department so I'll just tease a little instead of correcting though I know it will come back to haunt me.

So, nitpickers, let the nitpicking begin ;)

E1:

Found this one from E24 a bit funny since we're in the department of errors:

"Alexander Rybak ga ut platen «Fairytailes» fredag for én uke siden."

Endret av Bear^
Lenke til kommentar
Karma at it's best :wee:

And... it's written "Karma at its best". When "it" owns something, you're not supposed to use an apostrophe... only when saying "it is". Then it's "it's".

Edit: By the way, as was said I'm not going to correct everyone all the time either... First of all, that'll be a crapload of correcting :p

Secondly, I would indeed have to guard my own spelling at all times... And I'm not up for that! ;-)

Edit #2: Oh, sweet. So that smiley doesn't turn into a winking smiley? Okay then... here: ;)

Endret av SondreOverby
Lenke til kommentar
Karma at it's best :wee:

And... it's written "Karma at its best". When "it" owns something, you're not supposed to use an apostrophe... only when saying "it is". Then it's "it's".

Edit: By the way, as was said I'm not going to correct everyone all the time either... First of all, that'll be a crapload of correcting :p

Secondly, I would indeed have to guard my own spelling at all times... And I'm not up for that! ;-)

I'm just going to stop here. It's not safe to continue. I'll wait until the dust settles before coming back. :ermm:

Lenke til kommentar

Haha! Yeah, you better... at least as long as I'm a "guard of the citadel" :tease:

I don't think I'll be spending much time in this thread though... I would like to, but I'm bad at making myself go here for some reason. Perhaps I need to force myself to take more part... seeing as English is actually a load of fun!

Lenke til kommentar

[Deep voice] I am your inner voice! I am your subconsciense! Do not be afraid. I am you, and you are me. I will not harm you in any way.

You have done something terribly wrong today. And of that reason, I have come to streighten you up. You should not have killed that fly. Now go! I will see to it that you find this fly, and apologize. Immediately. [/Deep voice]

whæt ar ju gø(e)ys duing nåw?

I am no-lifing in front of a pc.

Lenke til kommentar

Okay, so we are going to discuss Buddhism? Hehe... quite original, but fine, why not?

Or maybe not... quite frankly I don't really feel like entering that specific topic for some reason. Not right now anyway.

Oh, what I'm doing! Well, today I have been reading up on religion since we have a full day test on Monday, but I've also been posting here on the forums, talking to people on Msn, and mowing the lawn. Hopefully I'll find something else to do as well... I woke up at 13:37 today, so there is no way I'll manage to fall asleep before 2 tonight...

Lenke til kommentar

Reading before a test is so overrated! :tease:

Why waste the day sleeping, by the way? I was up around half past ten. That way I had three more hours than you to do all the useful stuff that people do on Saturdays (I have no idea what those are, because I spend my Saturdays in front of the computer).

There should be a british expression for "computer". Like the word "telly" is for television.

Endret av Pusur1993
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...