Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Pub (The English Pub)

Lidskjalv

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

In the book I read it tells us that the basic principals from a realistic point of view have not changes since Thucydides tale of the Peloponnesian war to today. The changes in int. politics is of course affected by terrorism who have no nation, and the threat from nuclear attacks, and everything the industrial revolution, and modern science have to offer both in economic and war. It discuss the realist view which have heavily influenced americas politics, and one of the most noted here is Henry Kissinger, and Nixon, as stated before. It also draws out the main principals of the cosmopolitan and the liberal view. All the views are in my opinion at a fault since it narrows your view and option when it comes do decisions. So all in all, political theories is a good way to put international events in an order, but you should be careful to place yourself in just one of the "camps", and be blind to other points of view.

Feel free to ask if it seems interesting, it's good to write about this stuff for my exams anyway.

Lenke til kommentar
Can anyone explain the difference between "whether" and "if" to me please? More specifically, is "I'm not sure if x happened" or "I'm not sure whether x happened" correct? Sorry if this is not the right place to ask. :)

In English they're quite alike. Nevertheless, there are important differences which separate them.

"If" means "om", "whether" means "enten". Of course, one can never translate directly to Norwegian. For instance: "I don't know whether to wear a tie or not?" Translated into Norwegian, "enten" would not fit.

A simple rule you can use to separate the two: "Whether" is the better alternative when there are two options: "How'd I know whether you were ready or not?". "if" is the better alternative when there are no options: "If you are ready -- of course".

Mixing them is not an error. To polish your English the rule above is necessary, however.

Endret av Christofer91
Lenke til kommentar

Nice layout for that facepunch board. vBulletin, have a few nice details wich I could like to see here at diskusjon.no, wich is running on the IpBoard engine. ♦

http://www.eatpoo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=934 have good content, but have a lack of attractivness. Something completely new to me is the new board system http://origo.no/ is running, wich seem to me to be almost a flash based fully web 2.0 board. Very nice layout.

Endret av Lidskjalv
Lenke til kommentar

Hey. I'm so happy right now. :D Last day I had my confirmation (?). It was a nice day, with great weather. I got a lot more money than I ever expected. I said to my friends that I could a maximum of 10000 kroner, but I thought I would get 5-7000. Although, I got almost 20000, and it came as a biiig surprise at me. Now I'm so happy, and I have already ordered a new computer, and I still have 15000 left. I had some savings, so I didn't just use 5000 on the computer, though. Now I don't have to sell waffles to get to Poland, I can just use a little of my own money. Byye!

Lenke til kommentar

Hiya!

Been reading for my final exams all day, time to go to bed I think.

Have to tell you about something wonderful that happened to me the other day. Was working (I work in a store), when this distinguished old English man approached me, asking me about something, don't remember what exactly. Either way, I was talking to him, and suddenly he looked at me and said: "your English is better than mine. No accent at all." It certainly made my day. I don't want to brag about it, but I have to admit it made me feel a bit proud.

Endret av yvonne2
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...