Gå til innhold

Gothic III release-dato endelig fastslått?

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Da har WoG fått leke seg litt med Gothic 3 Goldmasteren...

=================================================

Recently, after a round table interview with JoWooD (Stefan Berger, Johan Ertl) and PB (KaiRo), World-of-Gothic was given some G3 goldmaster and former versions of Gothic3 to test for ourselves.

Some members of the staff were lucky enough to test the new game and in return reported back their impressions to the forum. Unfortunately, none of them published their findings in the English forum up until today.

Thanks to Katan, we can now give you the translated report of James Bond.

Originally Posted by Katan

I play the first (recalled) Goldmaster version on the following system

AMD 64 3500+

Geforce 6800GT with 128 MB

2 GB Ram

Excited, I bypass the videos to see the main menu of the game. New game, load game, settings, credits, everything is as it used to be. First, I will have to change the settings. The difficulty level is divided in three parts. I opt for the easy settings, so I can begin the game somewhat carelessly. Just arranging the graphic settings with my system - as best as I know - before clicking on "New Game".

After the exciting intros of Gothic and Gothic II this intro is a bit disappointing. The video is rather boring, without voice overs and not very informative too, although something happens that you supposedly will have to deal with later in the game. It looks nice, though.

The game starts in a village, where I arrive with my friends Diego, Gorn, Milten and Lester. Promptly, I'm thrown right into the action, directly in a fight - against... who you'll find out yourself. That's a good chance to test the fighting system. One look at the player's statistics tells me, that my hero has 100 strength and that he swings an ORC BUTCHER. That sounds promising. The fights aren't that difficult, but I have to get used to the fighting system. The hero looks as if dancing ballet; compared to previous Gothic games the fights seem to be slower. The first foe falls and... hangs in a house wall... Amazed, I scratch my temple and notice the arrow hanging in the air. Who cares? I go on fighting and die for the first time. Quickload is needed, whereas "quick" is a bit cynical, because it needs more than half a minute to complete this - with 2 GB RAM. Great, I have to do that twice again because my fighting skills are not that strong yet.

The fight is done, a popup window tells me how to continue. A few moments later the little tutorial ends and my hero can went out to explore the big, wide world - yeah! Overjoyed he jumps up - I'd say roughly three feets high (with armor and weapons). Altogether the animations don't look very nice, especially the pick-up animation. After some repeats it feels slow and looks weird. But although I may have complained about peanuts, the game already fascinates me; it is a part of the Gothic series and it feels like it; the old flair got me again. Extraordinary sound, beautiful graphics, the typical [Gothic] atmosphere.

Apropos graphics: The game runs fine with my configurations, mostly with more than 25 FPS - with all graphic options set on middle or high, with a resolution of 1024x768. Only when you're going through the landscape for a while, the game has to reload, what ends up in a strong, ten second long bucking. At least it isn't that bad, because it doesn't happen very often.

So now, out of the village (after I obtained the main quest form the village elders) and into the wildernis. In the distance I see a wild boar which saw me in the same moment. With sardonic grinning I take the ORC BUTCHER and already see the dead animal lying in front me. The boar caught up on me and zack - first hit from the boar. While it attacks, my hero doesn't react even though I frenetically click the right mouse button. A few seconds later, I lie on the ground: dead - notwithstanding my strength value of 100 and the ORC BUTCHER. Ok, level 1 isn't the best of all levels. After quickload I win the fight against the wild boar and triumphantly I take the two pieces of meat out of its inventory. A wolf and a blood fly are my next victims, although I barely survived the fight.

When you're knocked down it takes a few seconds to get up again with few energy left - I noticed this after the third near-death. Unfortunately, your weapon lies on the ground when knocked down and as soon as you get up again the monster attacks you anew. Very frustrating getting knocked down continuously six times in a row. As a result, I start saving every few minutes, although this process takes about ten seconds each time.

Finally, I can take a look at the beautiful landscape, which comes in bright colors, beautiful lighting effects and just looks very lively. A view into the sun stuns me - out of disbelief. The well known lensflare effect looks extremely poor, I think. The blue and yellow circles, that go down the display in a line, partly destroy the great atmosphere. After a few moments I realise that this is no joke, it really looks like that. No feelings of a romantic sunset.

Unfortunately, the questlog isn't one of the greatest features. Instead of a quest description you find all quest related dialogs. Not very helpful, especially when you are looking for directions.

On a wing and prayer I go on and discover the camp of some rebels, where I get a quest, and come across the camp of ORC MERCENARIES, who aren't very friendly, but have some quests too. The quest are varied and interesting, were it not for lack of orientation. For example: "Kill the Goblins in the cave not far from the camp." Unfortunately, the camp is surrounded by trees, bushes and grasses so that I wasn't able to spot a cave somewhere nearby.

I arrive at a city that is besieged by Orcs, heaps of mercenaries roam the streets. I don't have to search for a long time until I get some quests, experience points, gold, strength and fame. After a few fights in the arena I'm get known and not just a few NPC's have some appreciative words for me - that is extremly atmospheric. The cities are well done, there's much to see, much to remember and much to do. After a while, I ignore the little annoying things more or less. Meanwhile, I got used to the fighting system too. My computer crashed three times so far, hopefully this won't happen in the final version.

Reagrding the voice/overs: you can talk to nameless NPC's (in my version!), but they just answer like "Not now!", "Later." and something like this. - WITHOUT caption or dialog menu.

Some screenshots:

A dead Orc, hanging in a house wall

Lenseflare Effect

Graphics Menu

Using a 17" TFT monitor with a native resolution of 1280*1024 - one can choose the following resolutions:

800*600 (4:3)

960*600 (8:5)

1024*768 (4:3)

1088*612 (16:9) --> Widescreen

1152*864 (4:3)

1280*720 (16:9) --> Widescreen

1280*800 (8:5)

1280*960 (4:3)

The fighting system works very well against several opponents, that's right. You can hit multiple opponents with one strike - an easy method to hold the attackers at bay. But when attacked by only one foe, you have a problem.

The AUTO FOCUS (over the opponent whose name appears) is a bit stubborn, touchy and rebellious, so sometimes you don't hit the intended target.

I'm not able to make head or tail of the chests. No "Chest" sign appears over them, when you stay in front of them. You have to click and hope that something happens. Sometimes the chest opens normally. Sometimes it opens, but you get the message that a lockpick has been spent, and sometimes the hero says that he's not able to open it. Supposedly, you have to learn some kind of THIEF TALENT. Meanwhile, I wasn't able to find out how this system works. [Edit by Rashnu: If I remember correctly, chests that require a lockpick are shown in red letters in the final goldmaster.]

I still play with the recalled Goldmaster on the following system:

AMD 64 3500+

Geforce 6800 GT (128 MB)

2 GB Ram

Resolution 1024*768

All details on high, texture details on middle, 2x ANISOTROPIC FILTERING, no DEPTH BLURRING EFFECT.

Graphic/Performance

In my opinion the graphic is a double-edged sword. On the one hand the surrounding area is very beautiful, on the other hand the faces of the NPC's look a bit weird. Over and above the bad lensflare effect, but you can get used to it after a while.

I have to say, that I've never seen such realistic forests in a game. The ground is covered with bushes, grasses and various underwood and looks very organic and realistic. The trees look nice too, although the single leaves seem to be composed of flat textures; that looks a bit weird, if you take a look at them from the side.

The handicap of all this green stuff becomes clear when it comes to a fight. The camera is covered in leaves, the hero disappears behind a bush, foes are hidden in the underwood - it's hard to keep track of anything and more often than not I find myself clicking wildly on the mouse in the hope of not getting hit. In these moments, a tactical retreat in a less overgrown areas is called for.

The desert area looks authentic, the transit from the green Myrthana to the arid Varant too. The crossing is smooth and without noticable interruptions, a loading screen is omitted. Therefore, the world seems to be rounder and more interrelated than in previous versions. Because of the save bug in the discarded Goldmaster version (which I'm still using) I wasn't able to enter the snowy Nordmar. With my settings it seldom stutters, actually just when a new area is loading; it's easy to get over that.

With low settings the game looks modest, but playable. The textures are washy and a thick misty zone restricts the foresight. Grass and many other details disappear.

Sound

The sounds are some of the best I've ever heard in a computer game. Epic tunes come from the speakers when a fight begins. Peaceful jingle accompanies the atmosphere on a farm. The music is suitable, even though a bit dominant sometimes; because of their quality I don't object. Every region has its own distinct music. The desert region gets Arabian related guitar music. This boosts the already great atmosphere.

The voices are as good as always, the subtitles less so. They repeat the spoken dialog, but sometimes they suffer some minor scripting errors. Dots are carried over to the next line or words are separated without a hyphen etc. It doesn't look nice, but it doesn't bother me either.

Controls

Like in Gothic II you can customize your control keys. If you like, the controls could work pretty much the same as in previous Gothic versions, except for the fighting system.

With the left mouse button you activate a strong strike, if you hold the button down the hero does even a very strong strike. The right mouse button is for the faster, but weaker strikes, that are excellent to keep the opponents at bay. When I fight animals my tactic is to click the right mouse button until the enemy is dead. But this often is a very time-consuming process, because with every single strike the opponent falls back and gets out of my reach. Due to this the actual simple fight drags on. With a very strong strike you can knock down (human) opponents. Meanwhile, I wasn't able to profit from this feature because I didn't find a way yet to hit opponents already lying on the ground.

The menu is comfortable. On a screen you can see the character stats and the inventory. The latter is made up of the "sections" weapons, armor, potions and food, magical items and miscellaneous. The second menu contains the perks you can learn in the course of the game (use big weapons, fight with two weapons, better archery, lockpicking doors, etc.). There you can also take a look at requirements that you need for the perks, which helps a lot with character planning. In the third menu you find the magics skills tree, which is divided into three magic schools. The fourth menu contains documents like maps, how to forge weapons, letters and recipes. The fifth menu is the questlog, where you can arrange the quests by regions. As I said before, the questlog isn't very concise, because instead of quest descriptions there are just the related dialogs. It gets silly when you accepted many tasks and suddenly don't know which client is where.

Very practical is the QUICK BAR at the bottom of the screen, where you can drag and drop weapons, potions and miscellaneous items. You can access them with number keys. This way you can change between weapons and magic without losing the overview of what's on which key. Potions can be used quickly which saves time when in a fight. But this isn't essential (in my version!), because the opponent stops when I open the inventory. Maybe that will be changed in the final version.

Trade

The trade system works similar as in Gothic I. The inventory of the barter as well as the inventory of the player opens, at the bottom of the screen are empty slots where you can drag the items you want to sell. A click on the button "Gold adjustment" puts the gold into the empty slots. One click later the trade is done. I was astonished by the high prices. A medium armor costs some 40'000 or 80'000 gold pieces. It will take some time before I have that much money...

Tester: Freddy

Test with the final Goldmaster on an older system

My system:

AMD XP 2400+, Mainboard Abit KR7A-Raid, 1 GB RAM, Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128 MB

According to the system requirements thd game should run with low details. Within the last few days the "Shader Model 1.4" creeped into the requirements inconspicuously. My graphics card only provides Shader 1.3, so I expected some graphic problems.

Gothic 3 needs DirectX 9c inclusive recent updates. They come together with the DVD. But it lacks the very last version of the Windows installer. Otherwise the installation cancels at the end.

I tested on Windows 2000 service pack 4 + rollout 1 and Windows XP service pack 1.

Long story cut short: Gothic 3 doesn't start. After the second video it crashes. The logfile tells me, that some textures (for the starting screen) can't be loaded.

Driver updates didn't help. Apparently while (or between) the videos, game files are being loaded. I think the problem lies with the graphics card. It seems, it doesn't respond. I wonder, since at this point no features are in effect. I expected to see at least the starting screen. Unfortunately, I have no DirectX 9 graphics card at my fingertips. I just have a Geforce 2 MX400 for more testing (I know - fat chance!). In this case not even the first two videos play. So, in all propabiloty, it seems to be a problem with the graphics cards. I rule out hardware or driver problems; my PC works completely stable otherwise.

Gothic 3 offers default settings for the following graphics cards:

Quadro NVS 280 PCI
Quadro FX 500/FX 600
NV34GL
GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
GeForce FX 5900
GeForce FX 5900XT
GeForce FX 5950 Ultra
GeForce FX 5900ZT
Quadro FX 3000
Quadro FX 700
GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
GeForce FX 5700
GeForce FX 5700LE
GeForce FX 5700VE
NV36
Quadro FX 1100
NV36GL
GeForce FX 5100
GeForce FX 5500
GeForce FX 5200LE
GeForce FX 5200
GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
GeForce FX 5200
GeForce FX 5600XT
NV31
GeForce FX 5600
GeForce FX 5600 Ultra
Quadro FX 1000
Quadro FX 2000
GeForce FX 5800
GeForce FX 5800 Ultra
GeForce PCX 5750 & GeForce PCX 5750
GeForce PCX 5900 & GeForce PCX 5900
GeForce PCX 5300
GeForce 6200
GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM)
GeForce 6200
NVIDIA GeForce 6150
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
NVIDIA GeForce 6100
Quadro FX Go1400  
GeForce FX Go5600
GeForce FX Go5650
Quadro FX Go700
GeForce FX Go5200
GeForce FX Go5250
GeForce FX Go5200 32M/64M
GeForce FX Go53xx
GeForce FX Go5100
GeForce FX Go5700
GeForce FX Go5700
Quadro FX Go1000
Quadro FX Go1400
GeForce Go 6200
GeForce Go 6200
GeForce 6600 GT
GeForce 6600
NV43
NV43
GeForce 6610 XL
NV43
NV43GL
NV43GL
Quadro FX 540
NV44
NV44
NV44
Quadro NVS 285
NV44GL
GeForce 6600 GT
GeForce 6600 GT
GeForce 6600
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE,
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS
GeForce Go 6600
GeForce Go 6600
Radeon 9000
Radeon 9000 PRO
Radeon 9000 PRO Secondary
Radeon 9000 Secondary
Radeon 9000 Series
Radeon 9000 Series
Radeon 9000 Series Secondary
Radeon 9000 Series Secondary
Radeon 9000/9100 PRO IGP Series
Radeon 9100 Series
Radeon 9200
Radeon 9200 PRO
Radeon 9200 PRO Secondary
Radeon 9200 SE
Radeon 9200 SE Secondary
Radeon 9200 Secondary
Radeon 9500
Radeon 9500
Radeon 9500 Secondary
Radeon 9500 Secondary
Radeon X300 Series
Radeon X300 Series Secondary
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP Series
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
ATI Mobility Radeon 9500
ATI Mobility Radeon 9550
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon X300
ATI Mobility Radeon X300
ATI Mobility Radeon X300 
Radeon X1300 Series
Radeon X1300 Series
Radeon X1300 Series
Radeon X1300 Series   
Radeon X1300 Series
Radeon X1300 Series
Radeon X1300 Series
Radeon X1300 Series
Radeon X1300 Series 
Radeon X1300 Series Secondary
ATI Mobility Radeon X1300
ATI Mobility Radeon X1350
ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
ATI Mobility Radeon X1450
ATI Mobility Radeon X1450

Gothic 3 officially supports the following graphics cards:
ATI X1900 Serie
ATI X1800 Serie
ATI X1600 Serie
ATI X850 Serie
ATI x800 Serie
ATI x700 Serie
ATI x600 Serie
ATI Radeon 9800 Serie
ATI Radeon 9700 Serie
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 Serie
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 Serie
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Serie
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 Serie

What makes me wonder is the fact that my graphics card is better than most of the aforementioned cards - except for the lack of Shader 1.4. The Geforce 4 Ti matches almost an Ati Radeon 9600 pro (as per 3D Mark 2001) and is better than all Geforce cards of the series 5 up to 56xx.

This doesn't explain why the game crashes at the start.

My questions:

- Has the graphics card already been contacted by the game bypassing all DirectX ports? (my first guess)

- Why so secretive about clear specifications?

- Wasn't it possible to make the cards compatible to at least Geforce 4 and Radeon 8500 cards (also not mentioned) as promised earlier?

- Why doesn't the installer check if the needed hardware and software requirements are met?

- Has Gothic 3 been tested on such a system? If so, what were the results and why hasn't the game (respectively the installer) been provided with an informative error message?

Conclusion:

I can live with the fact, that Gothic 3 doesn't run on my system (or rather with my graphics card). However, I'm annoyed that there has been no clear official system requirements - instead even contradictory informations. Gothic 3 shouldn't simply crash without any error message.

When in doubt if the game runs with your graphics card, take a look at the paper box. If your card is not in the above list you better wait for the demo, so you can directly see if it runs or not. Or you just buy a more modern card.

Tester: James Bond

Regarding the performance:

I now play the final Goldmaster, complete picture, resolution 1280*1024.

As in the recalled Goldmaster the game runs smooth, with full details, medium texture resolution, without shadows and depth blurring effect. I didn't need to change the graphics settings. It seems the performance of the final Goldmaster has been improved a bit.

System:

AMD64 3500+

2048MB Ram

Geforce 6800GT (128MB)

Slowly I feel lost in the world of Gothic 3. Yes, I got the main quest, but the description isn't that detailed. The following question came up: Where do I have to go? I've done umpteen tasks for several cities and fractions, wandered through the landscape, and so on. It lacks a bit of guidance. Just to see something different than the green middle land I went to Nordmar. The way there leads through a very miscreant tunnel with sludgy and washy textures. As soon as you get out of the tunnel you see a snowy landscape with a huge mountain in the background. After a view steps (level 16) I found some foes, that killed me within the blink of an eye - apparently only trained characters should go to Nordmar.

I go back and jump down at the pass, because this is a faster way. Strange to say that the hero survives high jumps with just a little loss of energy, so you can jump down a cliff if you make it to erupt the rock face somtimes.

Next I swim to the desert, because the country way takes me too much time. Unfortunately the sea is verbuggt. If you take a look at the map and go back to the game while swimming, the hero goes through the water instead of swimming. Up to the upper part of the body he's in water and moves running. The water itself needs getting used to and makes swimming not very attractive. That the circles you make in water float a bit over the water surface doesn't make it better - PB has to touch up here. But since you make your way seldom swimming, it's not that bad (in my opinion).

Differences - recalled Goldmaster/final Goldmaster

The save bug has been fixed. At least it didn't occured till now.

The performance seems to be a bit improved. With a resolution of 1280*1024 it runs ca. the same as 1024*769 with the recalled Goldmaster, with the same details settings.

Apparently the quests have been overworked. The rewards are much higher than in the recalled version. In the recalled Goldmaster e.g. you got 100 experience points for an arena fight - in the final you get 1,000. This shortens the frustrating game start.

Unfortunately a bug remained, that appears sometimes (seldom!) when you load a save game. The hero is completey invisible, just the weared weapons float in the air. Because you can't use them you'll have to load again (my PC needs 45 seconds). Than the bug is gone. Because he's very seldom you can get over it.

Character system

The new character system with the perks is very interesting. You can train Strength, hunting skills, thief talent and other attributes for learning points and now for gold too. For example five strength points cost five learning points or 250 gold. If you've reached a defined amount of strength and hunting skills you can learn the perk "Strong swordsman" from a fight teacher. I haven't noticed a difference between having the perk and not having it. The many perks offer numerous ways of character forming, because there are perks for fight, hunt, thief and alchemy abilities. This way you can make up an individual character.

World and atmosphere

The world is varied and authentic, although you have to get used to deserts and snow in a Gothic game (the ice region and the canyon in Gothic 2 are no comparison to it). Very atmospheric are the by various fractions inhabited cities. Very nice are moments, when NPC's talk about events related to one of the forerunners, or events from the time of war. That prompts you to find out more.

Edit by Rashnu: Sorry, I have to dash now and will edit the text tomorrow.

Questions by

(Jetzt Testen wir - 1)

1. F5.dogg: Do unnamend NPCs move their lips during they are speaking?

James Bond: No, they don't. There aren't even subtitles.

2. EToby/Xavier: Are widescreen resolutions supported?

Toady: Actually no (first goldmaster).

3. Sumpfgolemfreund: Does Gothic³ support dual cores cpu's?

Toady: Yes.

4. Magier Xardas: It is true, that there isn't a questlog anymore?

James Bond: There is still a questlog but a very simple one. There are only all related dialogues and not additional notes like in G2 and G1.

5. Unbekannt: It is possible to turn the lensflare effect off?

James Bond: No.

6. -M-: The the an option to switch between window and full screen mode?

James Bond: The version I am playing at the moment (first goldmaster) starts in window mode as default. But you can change it by editing the ini.

7. xray: What are your impressions about the combat system, it is possible to play tactical?

James Bond: At the moment I am spamming fast attacks only because of I don't want to give the enemy a chance to hit me. Especially the attacks of animals are hard to stop if they hit you one time.

8. mitthrawnundo: Is somewhere written how the different difficulty affects the gameplay?

James Bond: No, didn't see it.

9. -M-: What about the statement of KaiRo that you can configure your interface like in Gothic² (keyboard only)?

Fizzban: I did it. I use the arrow-keys for the movement and ctrl to make actions. I use the mouse in the inventory and menues only - and there it makes sense because of it is much more comfortable.

10. Sigil: In which distance gras became visible (high details)?

James Bond: Sth about 10-20 m. It is a little bit annoying in the desert.

11. charon314: Could you make a screen from the sea? It was a little bit ugly in earlier versions.

James Bond: Sea near the first village.

12. Orktöter: I see that you have a good reputation at the woodfolk. What are they exactly? Archers (strangers) or magicans (druids)?

James Bond: They worriers have bows and fight with swords. They get their power from Adanos and fight the orcs because of their occupied their land. I don't know much more.

13. TobyDD: There are a few screens which show the whole map. Are there detailed maps of a few regions too?

James Bond: This maps is only a way to get an overview about your quests. The map you use to find sth is a little bit buggy (first goldmaster).

14. Unbekannt: Is 1240 x 1024 supported?

HighlanderSepp: In the GameStar is written that you have to edit the ini to get it (first goldmaster).

15. meph: Your settings are looking ok. But why did you disabled the shadows? Because of teh performance?

James Bond: Personally I don't care about shadows. I don't know how exactly they influence the frame rate.

16. Dolce|2k: Do you can just sit down near a fire or it is only poissible if you "use" it?

James Bond: You have to use items like fire, drums etc. to play the related animation.

17. Orktöter: How does the block work?

James Bond: It is difficult. With right mouse button and arrow down it works somehow but not for a long period. Up to now I didn't need it.

18. Unbekannt: How does lockpicking work?

James Bond: I didn't get it. First there isn't the line chest anymore (first goldmaster - now it is).

Then you have to click and hope that something happens. Sometimes you open it, sometimes you lost one picklock and sometimes the hero complains that he can't do that.

19. Unbekannt: Does the hero beat such slow because of he is unskilled or is it really slower than in Gothic² (seen at several videos)?

James Bond: I don't saw these videos but my hero's speed is ok.

20. xray: Does enemies really wait during you drink potions at a combat?

IvanErtlov: LOL. No. The combat continues.

21. joephi: What about scrolsl and magic?

CrazyIvan: You can use scrolls from the beginning but you have to recover the rune-based magic during the game using the abilities "old knowledge" and "old magic".

22. Arson: Does NPC's change the locations during the gameplay or are they always at the same play?

James Bond: Actually I would say yes.

23: Arson: Does your outfit affect the reactions of NPC's? Will peasants don't dis you anymore if you wear a powerfull weapon?

James Bond: They are still doing it instead of the mighty weapon.

24. Ealy: Does animals (especially Scavengers) still lose ground if you try to hit them? So that you have to "run" behind them to kill them?

James Bond: Yes, sadly.

25. Unbekannt: Has the bug, that you could kill enemies with a bow easily, been fixed?

James Bond: Yes, they react of you shot at them.

(Jetzt Testen wir - Nur Kommentare - 1)

26. Unbekannt: Is there still the save-bug (PC-Powerplay)?

James Bond: Yes, my next report will be realesed if I got the 2nd goldmaster. I actually have the save-bug.

27. Unbekannt: Why you can't hit enemies lying at the ground?

James Bond: Because of the animation beat the air above him.

28. Darkroe: Can you tell sth about the aiming of spells?

James Bond: Till know I hadn't been touched by magic.

29. IceFire: How does the passage to Nordmar look?

James Bond: If you have enough reputation at Faring (75) you are allowed to cross a bridge to the pass to Nordmar.

30. cyris: Does settlements affect the fps seriously?

James Bond: If you enter them yes but later it's ok.

31. xray: How long does bodies are at the ground?

James Bond: Didn't pay attention at it.

32. Unbekannt: How does archery work?

James Bond: You have to aim by ourself (mouse) and you can adjust the bows tension. It works quite good.

33. revan: I saw that an average armour costs 80 000 gold. What is the average award for a quest?

James Bond: 500 till 1000 or less. But because of you need it to train attributes too you need a lot of it. After 10 hours I gained 25000.

35. milbradt: During the alpha water looks like this. How does it actually look?

Nachtwanderer: Water 1, Water 2, Water 3

36. zkion: Can you enter the islands in the sea?

James Bond: Yes.

37. nytr0x: How strong are you addicted from the main factions?

James Bond: Not very strong you can change the side every quest (till now).

38. nytr0x: Do you have the feeling to have a free choice or are you "forced" to join a faction like the old camp in Gothic 1?

James Bond: You have the feeling to have a free choice.

39. nytr0x: In the PC Games was written that the zones (Myrtana, Varant and Nordmar) don't have the same quality. Can you confirm that?

James Bond: I was only a short time in Nordmar but Myrtana had been made better than Varant.

40. EToby: Are there memorable locations in the landscape so that you don't need the map anymore?

James Bond: maybe, in a few parts I don't need one.

41. Sunbeamer: PCGames listed these bugs at the first Goldmaster:

1. Crash during saving

2. Animals don't attack if you shot at them.

3. silly mousecurser

4. Missing hotspots to enter for example beds.

James Bond:

1. Happend only one time.

2. Never saw that.

3. "

4. Has been fixed.

5. The performance is better.

6. They increased the money you get after you finished quests.

7. But there is still a bug that you are sometimes invisible after you loaded a savegame. If you load it again it is ok.

42. Shely: it is neccessary to get a shortcut for different bolts/arrows?

James Bond: Only if you want to switch between them.

43. Shely: Which kind of arrow did you saw till now?

James Bond: Anestehsia and explosive ones.

44. EToby: Because of the dual core how is the work devieded?

Nachtwanderer: So good as equal (60 - 40).

45. Nachtschatten: Nachtwanderer, you told that you had performance problem using 1 GM RAM?

Nachtwanderer: It was quite ok but I hate a bad performance. Maybe it was caused by the early Preview version I used but if you played longer it became worse. After a reboot it was ok again.

I saw that everytime the LED#s of my HD lightend up. I guess I hadn't enough RAM. After I added 1 additional GB it was ok.

46. zkion: Are there other shrines expect of Innos-shrines?

Nachtwanderer: Yes, I saw one Beliar-shrine.

47. corcoran: Are there still lists of traders and trainers in the journal?

Nachtwanderer: I didn't found them but I had a preview version only.

48. Don Iggy: Is there enough light in cave to see sth without using a torch?

Nachtwanderer: Yes, better than in G2.

49. Jarl: The world is four time bigger than in G2 but you have 7 times more settlements. Isn't this density a little bit high?

James Bond: Particulary it is. But in teh desert are really great distances.

50. Feschalix Gothic: Wie does the screes by Nachtwanderer (low details) look better than the ones made by James Bond (medium details)?

Nachtwanderer: My mistake. I modified the ini but it didn't accepted these changes immediatly. But sometimes he did and I didn't noiticed it. My game menu was always low.

My settings were somewhere between medium and high.

Deffiernces between my screens and James Bond:

- me 1280x1024x32, James 1024x768x32

- me Fullscreen, James window

I made additional screens at the same locations like James Bond:1280x1024x32: low, medium, high

51. ed0_R: Could you force 4xAA?

Nachtwanderer: G3 mainmue, all Maximum

Screenshot (ingame), AntiAliasing and Anisotrope Filtering on 4X

2:30... break! I am sry.

52. Furion: Do you need a good sense of orientation to find a way?

Nachtwanderer: You need one, otherwise you are lost (afaik the map was buggy in his version).

53. Thunderdf: What about the quick-travel system?

Nachtwanderer: You have to visit each location before you get the possibility to get there using an faster way.

(Berichte)

54. Unbekannt: How does the animations look?

James Bond: (GM 1) Not very good. Especially the picking up animation is extra long and annyoing.

55. Unbekannt: Can you interact with nameless NPC's?

James Bond: (GM 1) You can say sth to them but they just gave answers like "not now" "later" etc. without subtitels.

56. Unbekannt: Do you easily hit allies during fights?

James Bond: If there are several guys (allies or oppenents) it is difficult to "lock" on one so that you often don't hit the one you want.

57. Unbekannt: How good does the combat system work?

James Bond: Against many enemies it is quite good because you can hit more than one guy with one stroke. This way it is easy to pull them back. But if one of them can get into your back it is over.

But like I wrote above the fokus is a little bit hard to control so that you have problems to hit that what you want to hit.

(Runder Tisch)

58. Azraael: Has the KI been fixed? In the past you could run a few meter away and the didn't follow you anymore?

CrazyIvan: Yes, each enemy (don't matter how intelligent) will hunt you. If you are too fast they shout sth like "Come back, bastard!". If you will not they stop and go back. But they will remember you and attack you the next time they see you except of a few moments because of quest reasons. Exception - if you meantime had been beaten by friend of them they will not attack you.

59. Elandril: What about Bugs?

IvanErtlov:

* Graphic: You dissappear if you load a game (invisible).

Seldom - if you zoom out it is ok.

* Missing lines of the speech.

Didn't noticed that the first 10 Levels.

* Some enemies like goblins are unmortal.

Fixed.

* You glide down at mountains.

If you shouldn't enter it you will still glide down.

* Animals and NPC's don't find the way - running in circles.

Has been fixed. Yeasterday I saw a deer which jumped into a left house and leaved it jumping trough the window.

* Opponents don't lose when they leave the arena?

It is better but I fear the game "refere" is a little bit for the NPCs^^.

* If you jump inside of the arena you will lose the fight?

I didn't had this problem.

* KI: Oponents are stupid.

Nonsense, ok a Scavenger will not get a Nobel prize but Orcs are very intelligent (Personally I think too much) and the pride-KI of wolves is amazing.

* Very long loading times.

I have a book next to my PC...

Honestly, you can compare it with a CiV4 Mp Match.

60. Edmund Blackadder: Does your statement above mean that animals like Scavengers don't attack you if you shot at them?

CrazyIvan: The will not run to you only. The will hunt you! But you can run faster than the most enemies.

61. Sigil: Why are the 1-h weapons at the back and you wear the bow different - In short - why is everything pinned at the back of the hero?

CrazyIvan: That is a question of taste - you have to ask PB.

I prefer to wear my sword at my side but I know many how like to has it at their back.

That with the bow is in no RPG realistic if the chord has always a tension the bow will be harmed.

62. Slit Zurifa: Are there many opponents which we didn't allready saw at screens?

CrazyIvan: Yes!

63. Milamber: You can't crush a chest like in NWN?

CrazyIvan: No, than you wouldn't need lock picking anymore,

But you can open them with magic.

64. Unbekannt: Has Gothic³ been americanized?

CrazyIvan: Piranha Bytes don't do what we (Jowood) tell them. Do you think that they listen to Aspyr Media? Are you serious? The only think what they do are the American voice actors.

65. Unbekannt: How is the content of chests random?

CrazyIvan: The items are but not the value. A expensive looking chest will habe expensive items.

(Jetzt testen wir - nur Kommentare - 2)

66. Joga Bonito: What is the highest Level?

RadicalEd: KaiRo said sth like Level 30.

67. Sik'n: I hope that the level scaling is ok - it is the reason why I don't play the "O" game anymore.

RadicalEd: Afaik only boss enemies will be affected by level scaling because of they should be a challenge when you meet them.

68. Verfechter Adanos: How does exactly the right mouse button works?

James Bond: Short click: weak, fast stroke. long click - block.

69. kiko82: Are there Katanas?

James Bond: There are weapons which looks quite similar.

(Weitere Fragen)

70. frei nach Garrik + Harlequin86: Has the intro been changed. Is there a speaker in the German version?

James Bond: No, it hasn't. No speaker.

71. Sinai_Nordwind: Has the questlog been modified?

James Bond: No.

72. Sowilo: Particulary there was written that the map don't show your position. Other one wrotes, that you will get a map with your position. What is correct?

James Bond: The questmap (without your position) will not change. But you can get a map with position in the first village.

73. elkston: I have seen jumping in the videos, but I never saw any climbing/mantling. By this I mean you can jump and pull yourself up to surfaces higher than where you are standing.

James Bond: No, unfortunately you cannot pull your self up to higher surfaces.

74. Sigil: Which commands you can give to your "party"?

James Bond: "come with me", "stay here", "give potion".

75. Sowilo: Are there detailed maps of certain regions?

James Bond: No, just a few one. Like in G2 the one with the ornaments.

Endret av xm8
Lenke til kommentar
Gjest
Dette emnet er stengt for flere svar.
  • Opprett ny...