Gå til innhold

12 timer igjen til R520/X1800!

daniel_984

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
bench-fear-iq.png

Holy moly.  :ohmy:

Nå skal det nevnes at Hexus ikke brukte de siste driverne fra nVidia som gir en del ytelsesforskjell.

*Magnus*: så du skal benytte deg av Crossfire? Litt waste med 2 x1800xt kort da spør du meg siden du max kan kjøre 1600x1200 med Crossfire...hehe

Dont care at all.. skal ha det i min 40k pc uansett hva du eller noen andre sier.. waste of money or not... ;)

Lenke til kommentar
*Magnus*: så du skal benytte deg av Crossfire? Litt waste med 2 x1800xt kort da spør du meg siden du max kan kjøre 1600x1200 med Crossfire...hehe

Har ikke de nye kortene til ATI 2* dual-link dvi? Dette er jo forsåvidt en fordel med de, selv om jeg regner med at det ikke affiserer alt for mange av oss.... (er tross alt ikke så mange som man kunne ønske som har 2 LCD-skjermer med mer enn 1600 * 1200)

AtW

Lenke til kommentar
Jeg håper at tilgjengeligheten på kortene blir god.

Dessuten så er det mulig at jeg venter til "X2800" kommer.

Fra Hard[OCP] om tilgjengelighet:

Availability:

Simply put, NVIDIA raised the bar on availability by having retail products instantly available on the same day as the card was launched. They didn’t just have a few either, as there were mass quantities of the products available on the same day they announced them. We were all hoping ATI would follow NVIDIA’s lead here, but sadly, they have not. They are announcing their entire product lineup today but you can’t actually purchase all them today. Some cards are going to come a month or 2 months later than this date. CrossFire master cards for X800 and X850 series video cards are also still not available. CrossFire master cards for the new X1000 series are at least 1 month away.

What more can you say really? Everyone is feeling the burden of these delayed products. I’m positive there are people out there just itching to buy these cards. Even us reviewers have been lead around with promises of availability, but we have been disappointed. Again. It makes us look like fools to evangelize these products and then have them nowhere in sight for the public to purchase. If ATI wants to compete with NVIDIA, they are going to have to step up to the plate and actually deliver the products they announce in mass quantities. Otherwise, what is the point? They might as well paper launch a “Holodeck” and get it over with.

ATI’s current level of commitment to the gaming and hardware enthusiasts can be looked at as a tragedy at worst and a comedy of errors at best.

Fra Hard[OCP] om ytelse:

If you are an ATI fan, the X1800 and X1600 cards look to be worth the wait. If you are not an ATI fan, you will likely be better off purchasing an GeForce 7800 series card if you are a serious gamer.
Lenke til kommentar
Det med f.e.a.r må være en driver configarasjon, ingenting annet som tyder på det nå.

Det siste jeg haddet gjort etter å ha lest r580 testene er å kjøpe crossfire.

Og ja jeg var instilt på å kjøpe r520, men dropper det

tviler litt på at en driver kan utgjøre SÅÅÅ stor forskjell.. at det gjlr foskjell.. ja.. men ikke SÅ stor.. ;)

Lenke til kommentar

Synes denne oppsummeringen fra The Tech Report var god ! (beklager lengden på quote):

I should start by saying that we've not been able to test many of the R500-series GPU architectures' new features as extensively as we usually would due to lack of time, including the chips' Avivo video and display engine and some facets of edge and texture antialiasing. We also left out a minor feature known as the Radeon X1300 Pro. We'll have to address those things at a later date, when time permits.    

That said, we've learned quite a bit about ATI's new GPUs in the preceding pages. We should probably break things down into pieces in order to make sense of it all.   

From a pure graphics technology standpoint, the Radeon X1000 series of graphics processors doesn't break new ground with bold innovations, but it does give ATI nearly every feature that the GeForce 7 series GPUs have had over the Radeon X800s. Not only that, but ATI has added a number of worthwhile capabilities, including multisampled antialiasing with high-dynamic-range color modes, "free" tone mapping via the Avivo display engine, and much finer-grained batch sizes for dynamic flow control in Shader Model 3.0. ATI has also caught up with NVIDIA on the internal chip architecture front by decoupling the computational units responsible for the various stages of the graphics pipeline from one another, allowing more flexibility for the development adventurous variations on the core GPU architecture, like the RV530.    

If the R520 architecture and derivatives have a weakness, it may be performance in current applications given the number of transistors. The R520 apparently requires more transistors for what's basically a 16-pipe design than NVIDIA's G70 does with 24 pixel shaders and texture units. ATI has made up the deficit with higher GPU and memory clock speeds, but that tradeoff leads to higher power consumption than G70, even though ATI's GPU is manufactured on a smaller fab process. Then again, the Radeon X1800 XT outperforms the GeForce 7800 GTX in many cases. That performance gap may grow if future applications begin making extensive use of shaders with flow control, where ATI's architecture is more efficient. However, I certainly wouldn't expect that to happen overnight, and it may not happen during the lifespan of G70, R520, and their offspring.    

These considerations are less of a concern in the middle of the graphics market than they are at the very high end, where ATI has resorted to extreme clock speeds to counter NVIDIA's widest GPU architecture. Our measured power consumption under load on the Radeon X1800 XL system was within three watts of the GeForce 7800 GT-based system. That's hardly a reason to panic. Smart use of asymmetric GPU design, as in the RV530 (if that proves to be smart), may help ATI achieve higher performance with fewer transistors and smaller power envelopes in the future, as well.    

ATI faced some daunting challenges with this new GPU generation, and they have largely succeeded in meeting them. If they deliver the products on schedule, ATI could lay claim to bragging rights for having been first to deliver a top-to-bottom range of next-gen GPUs on 90nm process technology. As for the cards as products, well, let's look at them one by one.    

At the very high end of the market, the Radeon X1800 XT is indeed a worthy competitor for the GeForce 7800 GTX. In Direct3D games, the X1800 XT is usually faster than the 7800 GTX. Unfortunately, ATI's weak showing in OpenGL games keep the X1800 XT from capturing the undisputed heavyweight title. I also have a few concerns about the likely extent of the Radeon X1800 XT's availability in the market, given its relatively high GPU clock speeds. We will have to wait and see about that.    

There are also a number of GeForce 7800 GTX cards on the market now with higher clock speeds than the MSI cards we tested. I chose the MSI cards simply because I wanted a matched pair of cards for use in SLI, and I didn't have a pair of "overclocked in the box" cards on hand. NVIDIA's board partners have been pretty aggressive about ramping up the G70's clock speeds and standing behind those cards with lifetime warranties, and those cards might give the Radeon X1800 XT more of a run for its money in Direct3D apps—at the expense of higher power consumption, of course.

Endret av Filla
Lenke til kommentar

Hm. opp og ned fra test til test, men det var sånt jeg trodde det skulle bli. En del bedre i benching og litt bedre i spill men det er ikke noe å hyle over egenlig.De har hatt god tid til å gjøre det bedre enn et 7800gtx kort så..

Men jeg lurer på hva nvidia gjør nå hehe

Endret av lordsmygen
Lenke til kommentar
bench-fear-iq.png

Holy moly. :ohmy:

Hvis du leste hele testen, så med nyeste Beta driveren til NVidia, så var 7800GTX kortene bare 3FPS bak. Med andre ord så å si ingenting. Ble også litt skuffet over dette. Hadde håpet at ATi kortene kom til å være skikkelig slemme. Men de er ikke gale da. Ca like til 7800GTX til Nvidia, så da er det vel hipp som happ hva man kjøper. Kommer helt an på hviilket merke man liker best. Tviler på jeg bytter ut mitt 7800GTX for å si det sånn.

Lenke til kommentar
Hvis du leste hele testen, så med nyeste Beta driveren til NVidia, så var 7800GTX kortene bare 3FPS bak. Med andre ord så å si ingenting. Ble også litt skuffet over dette. Hadde håpet at ATi kortene kom til å være skikkelig slemme. Men de er ikke gale da. Ca like til 7800GTX til Nvidia, så da er det vel hipp som happ hva man kjøper. Kommer helt an på hviilket merke man liker best. Tviler på jeg bytter ut mitt 7800GTX for å si det sånn.

Joa, Jim. Jeg har fått passet påskrevet allerede. ;)

Endret av Smirnoff
Lenke til kommentar

Men jeg lurer på hva  nvidia gjør nå hehe

sjefene sitter vel å gnir seg i hendene og bare venter på å pushe ut neste kort.

Hehe, og hva kan ATi gi ut når nVidia har gitt ut G72 (Ultra?)...? Ingenting, fordi ellers kverker de bare salget på sitt eget nyskapte skjermkort. Mao om 7800Ultra(?) kommer ut, vil vi ikke se noe R580, men helt sikkert masse av det samme vi nettopp har opplevd fra ATi over 7-8 mnd (sikter da til venting... :ermm: ).

Lenke til kommentar

Huff, kjedelig. Nå hadde de "hypa" skikkelig i månedsvis, og så kommer de nesten et halvt år etter med et 16-pipeline-kort som bare yter likt med toppmodellen til konkurrenten. Det virker som de har problemer, spør dere meg. XI600-kortene skal visstnok yte mellom 6600GT og 6800GT... kjedelig! Jeg hadde i hvert fall regnet med at XT-versjonen ville tangere 6800GT. Nå kan jeg bli "dømt" til å gjøre et dårlig kjøp, som den teknologifriken jeg er. :p Forresten, kanskje XI600 XT faktisk ER like godt som 6800GT, og at det er de andre kortene i serien som er nærmere 6600GT-nivå. Det hadde vært andre boller! :D

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...