Gå til innhold

Liverpool F.C - Home of Klopptimus Prime

AllFather

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Det er mange bettingsider som har Rijkaard, Pellegrini og O'Neil som favoritter til å bli vår neste manager.

Førstevalget mitt er nok Pellegrini, men er også positiv til Rijkaard. O'Neil er jeg mer skeptisk til, rett og slett fordi han har en filosofi som ligner litt mer på Hogdson sin, mens de to andre helt klart et utpregede offensive managertyper.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Det er mange bettingsider som har Rijkaard, Pellegrini og O'Neil som favoritter til å bli vår neste manager.

Førstevalget mitt er nok Pellegrini, men er også positiv til Rijkaard. O'Neil er jeg mer skeptisk til, rett og slett fordi han har en filosofi som ligner litt mer på Hogdson sin, mens de to andre helt klart et utpregede offensive managertyper.

Mener personlig at Kenny kunne vært en man for jobben :dribble: Men det er jo en viss risiko ved dette :hmm:

Lenke til kommentar
There was an incident in the Merseyside derby this weekend that had many Liverpool supporters discussing post-match.

It occurred in the opening minutes when Jamie Carragher and Fernando Torres had an exchange following a Carra pass which the defender wasn’t happy the Spaniard hadn’t made the run down the channel to receive. Carra expressed his annoyance at Torres and he returned by putting his finger to his lips to signal for him to be quiet.

There’s several interpretations of this. The one that some have adopted is this seemingly common belief that Torres’ workrate is now poor and this is just another instance of such.

I take grievance with this belief for numerous reasons. Not least because Carra’s distribution from the back has never been the strongest part of his game so who could play Torres for not expecting his pass to get where he wants it.

Joking aside, the criticism of Torres is very, very unfair.

The over-reliance on the Spaniard – again no backup was signed this summer despite every single one of us knowing that was required – is one of the major factors in this saga. We’re talking about a player who has struggled with injuries for the best part of the last two years but as soon as he’s fit again is thrown straight back in there, just as he was against Everton. Because we have nobody else.

Torres is rightly regarded as one of the best forwards in the world. He was persuaded to stay this summer, given more false promises from the club when a host of top clubs around Europe were sniffing around and offering Champions League football.

Now he finds himself playing under a manager who is no longer playing to his strengths, as Benitez did with Torres, but instead playing completely opposite. Under Rafa we pressed high up the pitch, played a high tempo game (where possible) and looked to regain possession further forward in order to release Torres early and give him one-on-one situations. Under Hodgson we sit a lot, lot deeper, preferring to defend and maintain shape than press the opposition. Subsequently our attacks are slow and easy to defend against. The opposition get numbers behind the ball and Torres’ strengths are isolated.

The lack of support for Torres is fatal to our whole team and it shows. Not just in terms of results but our performances and the number of chances he gets. These days the best Torres can hope for is a half-chance, like the header in the first half. Nobody should be expecting him to put them away, rightly so. That’s the best he’s getting though, the odd half-chance per game. No forward can return on that. Christ, Andy Cole would score 1 every decade with that service.

Continuing to play Torres up front on his own but changing our style of play has led to him being completely isolated in attack, becoming frustrated and having to drop deeper or wider to get into the game. Therefore when he does get on the ball he’s easily marked, by more than one defender, and is forced into trying to create something himself. No wonder it doesn’t happen.

If Hodgson is going to persist with his 1980′s tactics he has to at least change the balance of the team by giving Torres more support. You cannot change the style but keep the same formation, it’s not working, clearly.

But that for me isn’t the answer. The answer is to play to the strengths of a player who, on his day, is the best forward in World football. That means the manager changing his ways (not likely) or the manager changing (here’s hoping).

Hodgson’s use of Torres has been disgraceful. As somebody on an LFC forum said this week, it’s like paying Gordon Ramsey 100k a week to be your personal chef when all you want to eat is beans on toast.

Torres is frustrated – just like the rest of us. Give him the support he needs.

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar

Rijkaard ferdig i Galtasaray, ifølge .no. Må jo være bedre enn Hodgson nå? Men jeg vet ikke om eierne vil gå inn og skifte manager med en gang, når de i tillegg har uttalt at de har tillitt. Det ville kanskje blitt sett på som litt ekstremt at de går rett inn og skifter manager. Selv om jeg tror det er det riktige, for Roy passer åpenbart ikke i Liverpool med sin fotballfilosofi. Man ser det på hele laget og på hele mannen.

Lenke til kommentar

Leser man i media og tolker litt så er det vel også et grep som kan gjøre at Torres finner seg tilrette igjen.

Så sant så sant.

Det er jo tydelig at Torres ikke føler seg komfortabel med denne spillestilen, noe som er fullt forståelig. Det er helt umulig for en spiss å kjempe alene mot 4-5 forsvarspillere alene, uansett hvor god denne spilleren måtte være.

Lenke til kommentar
In all honesty I cannot blame Torres. Ever since he arrived his commitment to the cause has been exemplary – even when he has suffered injuries he’s got to the training ground earlier than his team mates and worked long hours with the physios to ensure that he was playing again well ahead of schedule.

I am, however, appalled by the way he is being handled by Hodgson. The manager’s tactics are ensuring that he gets little in the way of descent service whilst at the same time, being up front by himself, Torres is getting battered by defenders and is having to chase lost cause after lost cause. As even Hanson put it the other week, ‘Torres is having to both create the chances and then try to score’.

Of all the players in the squad who may need to be handled carefully right now Fernando is the one. He’s recently returned from a spate of injuries and has had little or no break from football in four years. This follows long premier league seasons and lengthy European campaigns together with his participation in the World Cup, European Cup, Confederations Cup and World Cup again – all to the latter stages. So what does Hodgson do, he rests Gerrard for the mid week Europa League game against FC Utrecht but not Torres. Then, as a consequence, when Torres is forced to leave the field with another injury in the following game against Blackpool, Hodgson tell the assembled media that he doesn’t know what’s up with his star striker. To make things worse, he adds, with that knowing nod of the head, that it cannot be anything serious. As a consequence he gives the clear indication that he thinks Fernando is play-acting! Had he bothered to check the facts with his medical staff, before spouting off to the media, he would have found that the injury was serious enough to cause Fernando to pull out of the Spanish squad the following week and make him very doubtful for the Derby.

What does Fernando do subsequently? He works hard during the international break to make sure, yet again, that he’s available ahead of schedule when the premier league games resume.

What does Hodgson do? After the Everton game he gives another interview to the media telling them that Fernando’s current goal drought is because the player is lacking in confidence - singling him out, by the way, for this particular critique ensuring that he appears to be the only player in the squad to have such a crisis of self-doubt!

All this from the manager who, we are lead to believe, knows how to put the old ‘arm around the shoulder’ and build team morale! What a way to ensure that the player’s confidence, if it really is missing in the first place, actually returns. Hodgson’s actions really do beggar belief!

I tell you what, if I were Fernando, I would be pissed off and rightly so!

Glimrende post på RAWK..

Angående Rijkaard så er jeg litt skeptisk. Tror ikke han er rette mannen til å ta oss videre.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

Jeg tror Torres er en tapt sak. Nå er jeg alltid litt overdreven i mine fremtidsutsikter, men jeg ser på det som urealistisk at vi klarer å beholde Torres og kanskje også Gerrard hvis det ikke blir mer spilleglede i laget. Jeg tror alt som skal til for å komme på rett spor igjen er at de klarer å ha det gøy og spille med selvtillit. Nå om dagen ser det ut som at liverpool spiller hver eneste ball med dødsfrykt for å gjøre noe feil.

Lenke til kommentar

Man bør være forskitigt i hva man gjør med torres ja, lest mange rykter om at Man u er ganske kåte på han om Rooney forsvinner fra klubben dems. Og det kan ikke bli så mye verre om han går over der, kjenner jeg blir mer og mer irritert på Hodgson for hver kamp som går.

Ute med Hodgson ASAP og inn med Pellegrini eller Rijkaard.

Savner Bentiez , etter sesongavsluttningen trodde jeg aldri jeg skulle si det men han er 15ganger bedre enn Hodgson, kunne fint hatt Benitez i førersetet igjen men etter den dårlige behandlingen han fikk av styret og amerikanerene så skjer neppe det.

Endret av Cryflopp
Lenke til kommentar

Det er mye snacks på twitter i dag:

http://twitter.com/JimBoardman

"One senior player is said to have made it clear that he no longer wants to play under Roy Hodgson."

"Purslow leaves the club as rumours emerge of serious breakdowns in the relationships between manager Roy Hodgson and key players."

http://twitter.com/paul_tomkins

"RT @Andrew_Heaton: Rumours of Hodgson going unsurprising given that two of #LFC's senior players are purportedly absolutely fed up with him"

"Don't know if Roy resigning/sacked is true, but after two stories I heard earlier today (before the Purslow one) he's on very borrowed time"

"RT @SiClancy: There's an ever growing rumour that Roy Hodgson will be stepping down by mutual consent after the Napoli game."

Hvis det er noe hold i disse ryktene så forsvinner Hodgson VELDIG snart. Spørsmålet er hvem vi vil ha som erstatter.. Hmm :hmm:

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...