Gå til innhold

AC97 driver bug på en del 915 hovedkort-> Løsning

Anbefalte innlegg

Jeg prøvde å få onboardlydkortet på mitt nye MSI hovedkort til å fungere og det viste seg at det er programmeringen til lyddriver oppsettet som er feil. Man får ikke installert driverne ved bruk av medfølgende CD Man må laste ned driverne rett fra intel og installere dem manuelt.

Engelsk forklaring jeg har stælt.

Hi everyone

I decided to post this thread because when i browse the forum i see a lot of trouble with installing the sound drivers for the cmedia CMI9880 driver and nowhere is a clear or straight anwser.  This soundchip is installed on a lot of mobo's. Intel 915P neo2 platinum, 915P combo, 915P FR and the 915G series. Even Asus (ssssh, wash my mouth) has installed this soundchip.

The issue occurs when you run the setup.exe of the drivers that you downloaded.  When  start the .exe, you get the message that the device could not be found or that you manually removed it.  It seems that the gentlemen from Cmedia forgot a little part in their driver setup. 

When you examen your system closely you'll see a pci device that dissapears when you disable the soundchip in the bios.  So it's a device driver that you need and luckily everyone who downloaded the sounddrivers has the driver.  All you have to do is browse to the directory that was unzipped.  Correct directory is CMI9880Ch71\BusDriver.  There you will see a lot of directory's with language codes.  Pick the one that your OS uses. for example english = US.  You must pick the correct language or it won't install. In the directory you'll see an .exe ( kb835221.exe) . Just run it and it will install the driver for the pci device that was unknown.

When this is done you can run the setup.exe again and this time you won't be prompted because it will find the device. Problem solved.  

Have fun with it.

Endret av Insert
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...