Gå til innhold

HTPC trinn for trinn - del 5

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
Mastiff

En 19" høykvalitets LCD skjerm, med en eller annen pc boks (med grei nok hw), og software til å få dette til å henge godt sammen til 3 - 5000 ? hvor kjøper du da både software og hardware? Og hva bruker du? (en standard windows lisens koster jo fort 1000 kroner.

Nei, nå siktet jeg bare til selve maskinvaren i pc-en, ikke skjermen (som i dette tilfellet kunne vært en tv e.l.) eller programvaren. Beklager.

Lenke til kommentar
  • 3 uker senere...

Was impressed by simplicity of "Image for Windows" use. Got hooked up on the idea of having few HD with xp startup, where one would be for media playback, another part would be for gaming. Tried out software, it did the job. One question though. If I take an image of the drive that is let say 6 gb and then restore on unpartitioned drive, it will restore 6gb partition there. Is there any way to get it bigger or smaller? I tried to restore into existing partition, but then I could not make it active and following could not reboot from that HD. The idea is to have few HD, each one able to boot, but partitions should be different sizes (6gb might be noe enough for gaming).

Lenke til kommentar

Sorry, but I don't think so. I can do it with my favourite DriveImage 2002, but that's not available any more, as far as I know. One way of doing it would be to restore it to a partition the same size and then use some kind of partitioning program to increase the size, like PartitionMagic. The way I do it on my kids' PCs is that I install all games to a another partition than the system partition. That works nicely.

Lenke til kommentar

Or probably even better to use Partition Magic to resize partition after restore? But them I am thinking if there will be enough space. Let's say system takes 10gb. Once restored on another drive you see that only 4 gb are used, so with partition magic you can resize it down to 4. If the total HD was 80, it means you have 70 in another partition and 6 unalocated. Next step would be alocate those 6 to 70 to utilize space. After doing that you have 4+76. What happens next time you want to restore the same image into the same HD. Image requires 10 gb, but partition size is only 4...

The same if you increase restored system partition size. In this case after second restore, I guess part of hard drive will be unallocated?

Lenke til kommentar

While waiting for answer I tested myself. Created image, restored on another drive. Then used partition magic to reduce the size of that partition where I restored the system. Unalocated space in HD allocated to another partition so that no empty space was left on HD.

Have repeated restor again into second HD. Went fine even if the space of the total partition was lower than original patition (not lower than total used space by files, of course).

Then tried to start up windows from second partition and everything went fine.

So I think conclusion is that when restoring, you should not be concerned about the size or partition that much. You can adjust it later. The only undesirable situation would be if target partition where you want to restore system would be lower than total size of files you restore.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...