Gå til innhold

Russlands invasjon av Ukraina [Ny tråd, les førstepost]

Gjest Slettet-404071

Anbefalte innlegg

bojangles skrev (38 minutter siden):

UK har sagt de skal donere laser luftvernet DragonFire til Ukraina, selv om det ennå bare er en prototype. Såvidt jeg husker er det vel nå 5-6 uker siden de kom med dette. Så vi får håpe det er på plass rimelig kvikt nå. Sammen med en håndfull nye Patriot systemer og tyskerne har lovet et par tyskproduserte luftvern jeg i farten ikke husker navnet på. 

Om bare vesten nå klarer å sette makt bak lovnadene og levere dette rimelig kjapt så vil luftvernet alene lage veldig mye krøll for russerne, og det vil kjapt drenere russerne for både droner, spanedroner og missiler, samtidig som det spare liv i Ukraina, både sivile og militære liv. Men før alt dette er levert, og satt i drift spares ingen liv. Så her må Europas politikere faktisk bare brette opp skjortearmene og jobbe, selv om jeg forstår det er veldig ubehagelig for dem. 

Dette skal angivelig være DragonFire Stormer i bruk hos UA: 

De har altså noe som funker.

Endret av <generisk_navn>
  • Liker 2
  • Hjerte 2
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
11 hours ago, <generisk_navn> said:

Dette skal angivelig være DragonFire Stormer i bruk hos UA: 

I know. Men DragonFire er noe for seg selv, spesielt mtp kostnad per treff. Sålenge den har strøm kan den i utgangspunktet fyre og fyre laseren uten å "gå tom for ammo". Det blir dermed omtrent det eneste luftvernet som også kan håndtere store drone-svermer uten at det går på bekostning av muligheten til å ta ut missiler. Dragon Fire komplementerer dermed det tradisjonelle luftvernet og de utfyller hverandre. En real symbiose. 

Patriot, Stormer og andre luftvern er ofte i en logistikk-skvis, det tar tid og er kostbart å fylle på med nok skyts. Og mens Ukrainas allierte diskuterer seg imellom hvem som skal ta regningen eller hvem som skal donere denne gangen så blir UA tvunget til å spare på luftvernet. 

Dragonfire trenger kun strøm, og ja selv om strøm kanskje ikke er en selvfølgelighet i Ukraina om dagen så kan både aggregat og batteribank avhjelpe. 

Endret av bojangles
  • Liker 6
  • Innsiktsfullt 1
Lenke til kommentar

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jun/19/russia-and-north-korea-sign-mutual-defence-pact

Russia and North Korea sign mutual defence pact

Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-un’s agreement raises western alarm about possible Russian help for nuclear programme

The Russian president, Vladimir Putin, and the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, have signed a pact that includes a clause requiring the countries to come to each other’s aid if either is attacked, a move that has raised western concerns about potential Russian aid for Pyongyang’s missile or nuclear programmes.

Vi får tro at dette ikke inkluderer den pågående krigen, eller eventuelt ikke inkluderer soldater.

Dersom Nord-Korea sender artilleri, stridsvogner osv. bør andre land hjelpe Ukraina i å slå til også mot Nord-Korea og tog/båt forbindelsene som går mellom Russland og Nord-Korea.

Endret av Brother Ursus
  • Liker 3
  • Innsiktsfullt 1
Lenke til kommentar

https://www.twz.com/land/norways-nomads-short-range-air-defense-system-unveiled

Norway’s NOMADS Armored Short Range Air Defense System Unveiled

The highly mobile armored missile system has already been tested in Norway and there are reports that Germany may seek to transfer examples to Ukraine in the future.

Norway’s Kongsberg Defense and Aerospace has launched a new ground-based air defense solution, the NOMADS, or National Maneuver Air Defense System. Designed for the protection of forces on the move, the system appears to draw heavily upon lessons of the war in Ukraine and there have already been reports that NOMADS might end up being supplied to Kyiv.

NOMADS was publicly unveiled at the Eurosatory defense exhibition taking place outside Paris this week. Designed in conjunction with the Norwegian Armed Forces, the system is designed to be mounted on one of a range of armored mechanized vehicles, with the baseline model being integrated on an ACSV G5 (Armored Combat Support Vehicle) from the German firm Flensburger Fahrzeugbau GmbH (FFG).

FFG is supplying 50 ACSV G5 vehicles to the Norwegian Armed Forces in various configurations.

SHORADS specifically intended to go onto an armored vehicle were commonplace during the Cold War, but then somewhat fell out of favor. As well as a high level of off-road mobility, and the ability to keep up with mechanized forces, this ensures a good degree of protection and, once again, reflects the demands of the kinds of warfare seen currently in Ukraine.

Porting over technologies from the medium-range National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missiles System (NASAMS) — a system used by the United States and Ukraine, as well as Norway, primarily in static applications — the NOMADS module includes active sensors in the form of a 3D active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar and a laser rangefinder. There are also passive sensors, with a day/night camera and a thermal camera.

The radar is reportedly supplied by the Danish Weibel firm and Kongsberg confirms it has a range of at least 31 miles.

All these sensors are brought together — and can be combined with data from off-board systems — via a command and control (C2) architecture taken from NASAMS and supported by NATO-standard identification friend or foe as well as VHF and UHF communications.

The standard weapons for NOMADS comprise four ready-to-fire AIM-9X Block 2 Sidewinders, best known as air-to-air weapons but also an option for the NASAMS. It’s worth noting that four missiles is a relatively low total, while the AIM-9X is also far from a low-cost option with each round costing close to half a million dollars.

Additionally there is a remote weapon station armed with a 50-caliber machine gun and an optional radio-frequency directional jammer. The last two would appear to be included to better deal with close-in threats from small drones, including first-person view (FPV) types, of the kind that are also currently proliferating in Ukraine.

Otherwise, NOMADS is suitable for use against other types of drones, cruise missiles, helicopters, and fixed-wing aircraft. The importance of this kind of capability near the forward edge of the battle cannot be understated, with attack helicopters, especially, having proven in Ukraine to be a particular menace.

“NOMADS can defend against small, short-range targets as drones and cruise missiles, providing unique protection against threats like those currently seen in Ukraine,” said Kjetil Reiten Myhra, Kongsberg’s Executive Vice President Defense Systems. “Its configuration is designed for rapid movement over rough terrain and with unprecedented into-action-time.”

For its primary battlefield missions, supporting maneuver forces, at battalion and brigade level, NOMADS is expected to operate independently, including conducting ‘shoot and scoot’ engagements closer to or at the frontline to improve its own survivability.

However, via the aforementioned C2 architecture, it can also be ‘plugged in’ to wider integrated air defense networks.

According to the Norwegian Ministry of Defense, NOMADS was recently tested at Andøya in the Arctic region, a key operating area for the Norwegian Armed Forces and an increasingly strategic environment overall, considering Russian military expansion there.

“We have carried out successful test firing with the system, where we have tested the entire chain: From the sensors picking up the target until the missile is launched,” explained project manager Geir Sandberg.

These tests involved IRIS-T air-to-air missiles being fired from NOMADS, although this is only an interim solution, with Norway’s having committed to transferring these missiles — formerly used by its now-retired F-16 fighters — to Ukraine.

An initial batch of six NOMADS systems are planned to be delivered to the Norwegian Armed Forces, four of them reportedly already having been handed over. These are scheduled to become fully operational between 2026 and 2028.  This is part of a wider expansion of Norway’s air defense capabilities, which include plans to double the number of fielded surface-to-air missiles.

“The Norwegian Armed Forces needs modern air defense in order to be able to combat a high-tech opponent,” Jarle Nergård, a spokesperson for the Norwegian Defense Materiel Agency said.

As for interest in NOMADS from beyond Norway, reports in the German media suggest that the Netherlands is interested in acquiring them. The Dutch requirement is apparently based on 18 vehicles, armed with the AIM-9X missile. Reportedly, the Netherlands is also seeking to arm each of these vehicles with more missiles than the standard four found on the baseline model.

Furthermore, the German government is also said to be considering procuring the system for Ukraine.

While the ACSV G5 vehicle used in the iteration of the system could be procured from the German FFG, there would need to be a wider agreement involving Norway, the United States, and Denmark to ensure that the other critical components of NOMADS could be delivered to Ukraine.

The modular nature of the system could make this process easier, however. For example, the radar and other sensors could be procured from other sources, while the main armament of AIM-9X missiles could be swapped out with IRIS-T missiles. Both AIM-9X and IRIS-T have already been supplied to Ukraine, with the former understood to be incorporated in the FrankenSAM applications that adapt Soviet-era air defense systems to fire Western missiles.

As we have discussed in the past, Ukraine has an insatiable demand for ground-based air defenses, with the need for SHORADS — especially those that are able to accompany maneuver forces — being especially prominent.

Reflecting this requirement, the German Rheinmetall company is currently assessing whether Cold War-era Leopard 1 tanks can have their turrets swapped out to be fitted with the Skyranger 35 gun-based short-range air defense system, as you can read about here.

NOMADS would seem to provide an relevant solution for Ukraine, combining a high level of protection and a significant degree of mobility. As well as supporting units on the battlefield, including those that are on the move, it could also provide point defense to critical installations, including plugging into existing air defense networks.

In particular, the threat posed to Ukraine by Russian drones and cruise missile capabilities is significant and something that NOMADS has very much been designed to deal with. At the same time, the development in the West of an armoured, highly mobile, self-contained SHORADS is a notable development in itself.

While Ukraine is already facing cruise missile and drone threats on a daily basis, concerns about these and other aerial threats are now driving something of a renaissance in ground-based air defense around the world, with SHORADS very much at the center of this.

Whether it ends up in Ukrainian hands or not, the appearance of NOMADS appears well-timed to capitalize on this renaissance in short-range air defense capabilities.

Man skulle håpe disse ville komme seg til Ukraina så fort som mulig. Det er allerede levert fire stykk, men de skal ikke være fullt operative før om flere år.

Krysser fingrene. Uansett et skikkelig sjakktrekk av Kongsberg.

Endret av Brother Ursus
  • Innsiktsfullt 5
  • Hjerte 4
Lenke til kommentar
Brother Ursus skrev (10 timer siden):

Solverv er i morgen. Vintersolverv er 20-21 desember.

Men det er visst forskjell på meteorologisk og astronomiske sesonger.

Ja, meteorologisk sommar hadde ein vel i mai.

Uansett: I Sverige kallar dei jonsok for midtsommarafton.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar

• Hm, det bekreftes nå av Sullivan at F-16 skal være stasjonert i Ukraina ihht avtalen. Og ikke i feks Polen som det har versert rykter om denne våren. Hvor lurt er det? Det vil kreve ytterligere luftvern for å stå imot droneangrep og missilangrep på F-16 når de står på bakken. Sullivan lider av atomfrykt. 
  •  
Endret av bojangles
  • Liker 2
  • Innsiktsfullt 2
  • Hjerte 2
Lenke til kommentar

Ukraina lager nasjonalt overgrepsregister

Ukrainske myndigheter har laget et nasjonalt register som skal dokumentere seksuelle overgrep som russiske soldater anklages for å ha begått mot ukrainere.

Viseriksadvokat Viktoriia Litvinova opplyser onsdag at registeret ble etablert som følge av et pilotprosjekt, som allerede har ført til at fem personer er dømt for overgrep in absentia.

– Vi pleide selv å besøke områdene der overgrepene fant sted. Men nå oppsøker personer som har opplevd seksuelle overgrep, oss, sier hun.

Ifølge Litvinova er det registrert 303 saker med krigsrelatert seksuell vold siden Russland gikk til full krig mot Ukraina i 2022.

• Liker 3
  • Innsiktsfullt 2
Lenke til kommentar

Litt fascinert..

Har vært aktiv på face den siste tiden, og kranglet med pro putinist a-holes. Det som er fascinerende er, de har nå begynnt å lage memes, på samme måte vi har gjort vs Putins fascistiske faenskap. Greia er, de har så lite fantasi at de har tatt de originale, å snudd om på dem. 🤣🤣

• Liker 4
  • Innsiktsfullt 2
Lenke til kommentar
1 hour ago, Duriello said:

Litt fascinert..

Har vært aktiv på face den siste tiden, og kranglet med pro putinist a-holes. Det som er fascinerende er, de har nå begynnt å lage memes, på samme måte vi har gjort vs Putins fascistiske faenskap. Greia er, de har så lite fantasi at de har tatt de originale, å snudd om på dem. 🤣🤣

Ikke overrasket. De kanskje 2% av befolkningen i Norge som støtter Putin er sjelden de skarpeste.

• Liker 7
Lenke til kommentar

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/bjl4p112ra

Belarusian president blames Jews for his government's corruption, says he's 'not antisemitic'

Alexander Lukashenko, in statement broadcast on state television, says Jews have  'special, privileged role' and 'steal and do not think about their future'; Foreign MInistry: President's comments are 'outrageous and sound like definite antisemitic comments'

Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko made an antisemitic statement Saturday during his government meeting in which he hinted at a connection between Jews and theft.

He referred to a corruption case involving his former aide, the governor of the Vitebsk region and former Minister of Agriculture and Food Igor Brylo, as well as dozens of other people. "There are 36 people on the list. Sorry, I don't consider myself antisemitic, but more than half of them are Jewish. Do they have a special, privileged role, that they steal and do not think about their future? Do they have privileges? All peoples living in Belarus should be equal. Jews, Belarusians, Ukrainians, Russians and Poles," Lukashenko said.

Kanskje Putin burde invadere og denazifisere Belarus i stedet? :)

• Liker 3
  • Innsiktsfullt 6
Lenke til kommentar

218.000 ukrainske kunder mistet strømmen etter angrep

Russland angrep energianlegg i fire fylker natt til torsdag. De fleste har fått strømmen tilbake, ifølge landets energidepartement.

Anlegg ble truffet i fylkene Vinnytsia, Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk and Kyiv, melder det nasjonale nettselskapet Ukrenergo.

Russiske myndigheter melder at to russiske drivstofflagre ble satt i brann i etter ukrainske angrep natt til torsdag.

Det er bare en måte å møte aggressiviteten til russerne på, og det er å pøse på med våpenstøtte til Ukraina, og gå all in på luftvern.

@Brother Ursus Flott at Ukraina fikk tatt ut både raffineri og petroleumsdepoter. 

Endret av bojangles
  • Liker 7
  • Innsiktsfullt 2
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...