Gå til innhold

Unyttige fakta (LES reglene i første post!)

The_man

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
I norge "promillekjøres" det daglig - en lengde som tilsvarer jorda rundt over tre ganger!

Dødsrisikoen for en sjåfør under 25 år - er 900 ganger større med promille - enn for en edru sjåfør på samme alder.

(vet ikke om jeg skal kalle dette for unyttig, men måtte bare ha det med.)

Til tross for denne viten kjører omlag 11 000 normenn med promille hver eneste dag.

Jeg blir 16 om ikke så lenge, og kan snart øvelseskjøre. Får heller holde meg til cola.

Øl + Trafikk = Selvmord

Lenke til kommentar
Cpu vifta mi går på 1450rpm

5781193[/snapback]

Siden jeg ser på det som helt uinteresant så velger jeg å sitere første post.

Siden enkelte må ha det inn med teskjeer:

Det postes kun UNYTTIGE FAKTA og ikke UINTERESSANTE fakta. Det som postes må følgelig ha en viss almen interesse. Dette er definitivt ikke en tråd for å fortelle om private forhold som hva dere har på brødskiva eller hvilket skonummer dere bruker!

Slikt bes rapportert og de som fortsetter å forsøple tråden kan vente seg reaksjoner.

Lenke til kommentar
Må bare spørre om en ting her jeg!

Hvor i Norge er den høyeste tempraturen målt? Tror det er 33,6 Grader.. !

4609414[/snapback]

Nesbyen i Hallingdal er målt til Norges varmeste sted med 35,6 grader celsius i skyggen.

Dette skjedde på 70- tallet en gang.

5787392[/snapback]

har ikke Nesbyen noen kulderekorder også....?

Lenke til kommentar
[Røros er ikke stort dårligere med -50,4° (januar, 1914).

5787425[/snapback]

Jau, det er ikke alltid varmt her nei... Hadde -50°ish (Flyplassen ble vel målt til -49.8) en nyttårsaften for ikke lenge siden (1999 -> 2000 eller 2000 -> 2001 dagen)

Nevertheless:

• - A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
    - Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks, otherwise it will digest itself.
    - The Declaration of Independence (the very official copy in the Rotunda of the National Archives) is written on parchment, not paper.
    - The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle.
    - A raisin dropped in a fresh glass of soda will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.
    - A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
    - A 2x4 is actually 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" .
    - 40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
    - Every person has a unique tongue print. (Say "aaah")
    - The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its inventor who had red eyes. He was an albino.
    - 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
    - On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
    - John Wilkes Booth's brother once saved the life of Abraham Lincoln's son. Irony.
    - Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother and sister.
    - Chocolate kills dogs! Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous system. A few ounces is enough to kill a small sized dog. (Debated)
    - Daniel Boone detested coonskin caps.
    - Playing cards were issued to British pilots in WWII. If they were captured, the cards could be soaked in water and unfolded to reveal a map for escape.
    - Most lipstick contains fish scales. Yum.
    - Dr. Seuss actually pronounced Seuss such that it sounded like Sue-ice.
    - Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
    - During the California Gold Rush of 1849 miners sent their laundry to Honolulu for washing and pressing. Due to the high costs in California during these years it was deemed more feasible to send the shirts to Hawaii for servicing.
    - The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
    - Wellfleet, Massachusetts has the only town clock in the world that strikes ship's time. (Rings every half hour, to a maximum of 8 rings at the end of each four hour period.)
    - There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with the words orange, purple, or silver, or month. (Debated, as I don't think that sliver is a rhyme for silver, or pimple a good rhyme with purple, etc.)
    - The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial. (New or old? Not sure. Probably the old one.)
    - There are four cars and eleven lightposts on the back of a $10 dollar bill.
    - Scissors as we know them today (well, pretty much) were invented in Rome in about 100 AD (or CE, if you want to be politically correct).
    - If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and look like it is stinging itself to death. It spasms a lot. :)
    - Most scorpions will glow under black (ultraviolet) light. (?!)
    - Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to SLOW a film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
    - If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
    - The first product Motorola developed was a record player for automobiles. At that time the most known player on the market was the Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.
    - By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand. One should carry a stout pole while travelling in quicksand country...when placed under one's back, it helps one to float out of the quicksand.
    - Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
    - An old law in Bellingham, Wash., made it illegal for a woman to take more than 3 steps backwards while dancing. (?!)
    - Birds have the right of way on all Utah highways.
    - Sharon Stone was the first Star Search spokesmodel.
    - The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
    - Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit will damage it.
    - The number one selling CD in history is the third Beatles anthology. It recently beat out the Eagles' "Their Greatest Hits."
    - If you drop a penny off of the Empire State Building, it will be going 106 miles per hour (terminal velocity) when it reaches the ground. Something moving this fast may actually cause head injuries if it lands on you. (OUCH)
    - The original Winnie the Pooh was a real live bear found outside of Winnipeg, Canada, hence the name Winnie.
    - Francis Bacon died in his attempt to find a better way to serve food. He caught a case of pneumonia while attempting to stuff a chicken with snow. Ironically, the chicken survived the ordeal.
    - Dachshunds were originally bred in 1600 to hunt dachs, which is German for badgers. (Historically speaking, 1600 was a slow year.)
    - Houdini's real name was Ehrich Weiss.
    - The first zoo in America was in Philadelphia.
    - Laser is actually an acronym for "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation."
    - The world's first passenger train made its debut in England in 1825.
    - You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
    - Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of age or older.
    - The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.
    - The king of hearts on playing cards is the only king without a moustache.
    - A Boeing 747's wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.
    - Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
    - Apples are more efficient than caffeine in waking you up in the morning. (Go figure.)
    - The little plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets. (Why do you name them?)
    - Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
    - The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing their hands in jelly.
    - Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
    - Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
    - There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar. (I'm not sure if that counts 50 cent pieces or not.)
    - The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
    - There are more chickens than people in the world.
    - Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
    - The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
    - Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
    - Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
    - In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
    - The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
    - The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
    - There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
    - A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.
    - A shrimp's heart is in its head.
    - In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so).
    - A pregnant goldfish is called a twerp.
    - Rats and horses can't vomit.
    - "The sixth sick sheikh's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
    - Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
    - The oldest standing building in Australia is Captain James Cook's house, brought over from England brick by brick. Why? :)
    - Paul McCartney's real first name is James - Paul is his middle name. Thus, all the Beatles (including Ringo, whose first name is Richard) were named after kings.
    - The hole inside a CD is exactly the same size as an old Dutch 10 cent coin, called the "dubbeltje". (?!) Of course, all the European countries (save a few) have gone Euro now.
    - Killer whales are not, technically, whales. They are orcas, a relative of the porpoise and the dolphin.
    - If you stroke a shark from nose to tail, it is smooth. If you stroke it the other way, it is rough, and on some species, can even give you hand lacerations.
    - More about elephants: If you add up the circumference of two feet, you get exactly the elephant's height. (?!)
    - Your foot is nearly the same length as your forearm as measured from the inside of the elbow to the wrist. (On me, it's nearly exact. :) )
    - In 10 minutes, a hurricane expends more energy than all of the nuclear weapons in the world combined.
    - On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
    - A snail can sleep for three months.
    - All polar bears, despite being near the North Pole, are southpaws. (ooh, bad pun)
    - Americans eat on average 18 acres worth of pizza every day.

Lenke til kommentar

Dersom du presset alle bakteriene ut av innvollene dine, så vil du nesten kunne fylle en kaffekopp.

Om du kombinerte alle musklene i kroppen til et gjennomsnittsmenneske til en stor muskel, så ville den muskelen kunne skape en kraft på nesten 18 meganewton. (Men fortsatt ville det vært enkelte syltetøyglass som ville vært umulige å få opp.)

Hver dag svelger en gjennomsnittsperson nesten en liter snørr. (Det fine her er at snørret heldigvis passerer bakerst i svelget og ikke tar turen om munnhulen der tungen sitter. Urk...)

Du bruker 150 kalorier i timen på å dunke hodet i en vegg.

Gutter med uvanlige fornavn har en større sjanse til å få psykiske problemer enn gutter med vanlige fornavn. Jenter har ikke slike problemer. (Noen uvanlige navn som muligens bekrefter dette: Ari, Elling, Carl Ivar, Saddam, Adolf, Vidkun og Harald)

Blodet i menneskekroppen beveger seg nesten 100.000 km gjennom kroppens blodårer i løpet av et døgn. (Eller over 900 ganger rundt jorden i løpet av et år.

Lenke til kommentar
Gutter med uvanlige fornavn har en større sjanse til å få psykiske problemer enn gutter med vanlige fornavn. Jenter har ikke slike problemer. [/color] (Noen uvanlige navn som muligens bekrefter dette: Ari, Elling, Carl Ivar, Saddam, Adolf, Vidkun og Harald)

5801794[/snapback]

Vidkun var vistnok ikke et uvanlig mannsnavn i Norge frem til andre verdenskrig. Ifølge hjemmesiden til Statistisk sentralbyrå er det 21 mennesker som per idag har Vidkun som fornavn.

En ting som jeg nettop fant ut som er litt snodig er at på navnesøk-siden hos SSB får en ikke opp noen historisk referanse (graf) over hvor mye navnet Vidkun er brukt. Dette er noe som kommer opp på alle andre fornavn jeg har søkt på på den siden....

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...