Gå til innhold

Ronaldo vs Messi - Verdens beste spiller 2013

Latias

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Ikke i prinsippet, men jeg skjønner hva du mener. Hvorfor er Ronaldo en bedre spiller i år enn Hva Messi har vært?

Lionel Messi has had a brilliant 2012 for Barcelona and Argentina. Once more endless goals and awards have flowed in the past 12 months. Highlights include becoming Barca's leading scorer in March with a hat-trick against Granada, becoming the first player to score five goals in a Champions League tie, a European record 73 goals last season and finally he is only a few goals away from breaking Gerd Muller's record of goals in a calendar year for club and country.

So when top Spanish journalist and Sky Sports colleague Guillem Balague asked to me prove that Cristiano Ronaldo and not Lionel Messi is the deserving winner of the 2012 Balon D'Or I thought I had my work cut out.

I firstly would like to say the purpose of this article is not to say that Ronaldo is a better player than Messi. As a statistician that is not for me to comment on. I am just trying to prove that in 2012, Cristiano is a more deserving winner that his counterpart at Barcelona.

When the sides met in the first La Liga Clasico of the season in October many believed it was a straight shootout for the award and not just an early-season meeting between both heavyweights. Once again they couldn't be split as both of our gladiators scored twice in a thrilling 2-2 draw.

So how do I split them? Very difficult... my first argument would be that you cannot judge both players on purely goals. Messi has scored more goals than Ronaldo in 2012. Messi has 72 goals for Barcelona this year while Ronaldo has 57 goals for Los Blancos.

Both goal tallies have been outstanding and Messi's total is truly staggering. Barcelona's current style of play is all based around getting the ball to Messi in the final third of the field and letting him work his magic, while although Ronaldo is Real's main attacking weapon, he is forced into playing in different positions along the front to suit the team and against stronger opponents they are set up on the break.

When Messi first broke into the Barcelona team in the mid-2000s he played in a front three alongside Samuel Eto'o and Ronaldinho and he was primarily playing second fiddle to these great players. As Frank Rijkaard's team became Pep's, Messi's importance grew and grew and after the departures of first Ronaldinho and then Eto'o he became the number one attacking weapon and took on the role of the 'false 9' position.

Ronaldo, while mainly playing on the left of a three behind either Karim Benzema or Gonzalo Higuain, he has also been shifted into the 'number 9' position and also into a position off the front man. This switching of positions is always to help the good of the team when in my opinion Barca under Pep and now Tito Vilanova are all set up to feed Messi and get the best out of him.

If you look into possession then Barcelona dominate Real Madrid. In 2012 in La Liga, Barcelona have averaged just over 70% possession in games, while Real average just a shade over 57%. More possession means more touches and Messi leads Ronaldo with the diminutive Argentinean averaging 83 touches per game to Ronaldo's 57. More touches means more chances to impress and thus Ronaldo having 25 touches fewer means he has to make more things happen.

Another argument into why Ronaldo should win the Balon D'Or and not Messi is that although both players are great individuals, it is a team game. In terms of trophies, Real have had a much more successful 2012 than Barcelona.Although both clubs were defeated in the Champions League semi-finals, a Ronaldo-inspired Real Madrid lifted their first La Liga title since 2008 while Messi's Barcelona only lifted the Copa Del Rey. Also although of much lesser importance, Los Blancos defeated Barca in the Spanish Super Cup at the start of this season with both players scoring in each leg.

There was a key period of just over a week in 2012 which I think justifies why Ronaldo would be a more worthy winner of the award this year.

In the middle of April both sides had two legs of a Champions League semi-final with the final El Clasico of the season sandwiched in between. Messi failed to score in all three games which is his joint worst run without a goal in 2012 and bearing in mind these three games were season defining they have to be taken into consideration. Barca were on the wrong end of all three results, seeing their dream of another treble evaporate into thin air.

In both legs against Chelsea he was quieter than normal and he missed a 49th-minute penalty in the second leg at the Camp Nou which would probably have seen Barca reach the final in Munich rather than the crafty Cockneys of Chelsea.

Ronaldo's Real crashed out of their semi-final on penalties against Bayern and although he missed his penalty in the shootout, he scored twice in normal time including once from the penalty spot to give Real a chance of reaching the final in Bavaria.

The Clasico meeting in April decided the La Liga title with Real four points ahead of Barca at kick off and with difficult remaining games they couldn't afford to lose at the home of their great rivals. Real won for the first time in four La Liga visits and with Messi quieter than usual it was left to Ronaldo to decide the fate of the La Liga title with a brilliant winning goal with the sides deadlocked at 1-1.

Other arguments for Ronaldo and facts that should be considered include the fact that he has scored more Clasico goals in 2012 than Messi. Ronaldo has scored in all six Clasicos this year (seven goals). This made him the first player from either side to score in six consecutive Clasicos.

Messi has scored only a shoddy four goals in six Clasico appearances in 2012.

In conclusion, why should Ronaldo be crowned the world's best player this year? Ronaldo is the heartbeat of Real and I believe if you took both Messi and him out of their respective teams, Real would struggle more than Barca. Although Real's squad is stronger than Barca's, in my opinion Messi's fellow 10 starters are more capable of adapting to life without Messi than their counterparts in Madrid are.

I think Ronaldo showed on his worth to Los Blancos on Saturday night in the Madrid Derby. In a drab first half a world-class free kick from CR7 effectively gave Real the win over their City rivals and thanks to Ronaldo they are still just about holding onto Barca's coat tails at the top of La Liga.

Real should do whatever they can to keep him happy and contracted to them. With whispers of his unhappiness leaking into the Spanish media, Real cannot afford to let him leave.

Whoever will be announced as the winner in Zurich on January 7 will be a worthy winner and if Messi does win the award for an unprecedented fourth consecutive time who am I to argue? His performances, goals and stats speak for themselves in 2012.

However if you dig a little deeper, you may just think that the boy from Madeira may for this year, be a slightly more deserving winner.

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar

Hvem har skrevet det der, Latias? Språk og argumentasjon er jo på nivå med en middels ungdomsskoleelev.

Guillem Balague for Sky Sports. Han er spansk så jeg forventer ikke at språk skal være perfekt.

Å si at Messi er en mer komplett spiller enn Ronaldo vitner om null fotballforståelse. Ronaldo kan alt, det kan ikke Messi.

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar

Å si at Messi er en mer komplett spiller enn Ronaldo vitner om null fotballforståelse. Ronaldo kan alt, det kan ikke Messi.

Helt enig der. Ronaldo er mere ustabil enn Messi, hadde det ikke vært for det så hadde det ikke vært mulig å sammenligne de to. Men fordi Messi leverer stort sett hver match, og Ronaldo har endel kamper hvor han ikke leverer skikkelig, så blir Messi sett på som en bedre spiller.

Ronaldo i toppform > Messi i toppform

Endret av Sending!
Lenke til kommentar

Om Ronaldo hadde spilt like jevnt som Messi så hadde det vel vært lettere å sammenligne dem. Om Ronaldo svinger så jævlig i prestasjoner så blir det jo litt små latterlig å gi han prisen.

Jeg synes uansett det er vanskelig å ikke gi Messi prisen i et år hvor han har vært så enestående som i år.

Lenke til kommentar

Er det noen her inne som sitter på statistikk over sjanser/mål for Ronaldo og Messi? De ligger jo ganske likt på antall mål, men jeg har et inntrykk av at Ronaldo har langt flere sjanser. Om dette stemmer vet jeg ikke, så jeg vil veldig gjerne ha tall på det. Ronaldo scorte vel sitt første frisparkmål denne sesongen i helgen, selv om han er den spilleren i La Liga som har tatt flest frispark.

Gir du meg 20+ sjanser i løpet av en kamp skal vel jeg prikke inn en scoring eller to til slutt :p

Lenke til kommentar

Er det noen her inne som sitter på statistikk over sjanser/mål for Ronaldo og Messi? De ligger jo ganske likt på antall mål, men jeg har et inntrykk av at Ronaldo har langt flere sjanser. Om dette stemmer vet jeg ikke, så jeg vil veldig gjerne ha tall på det.

Chance conversion rate (angrepsspillere nominert til årets lag):

Messi 33%, Falcao 31%, Agüero 26%, Huntelaar 26%, Mario Gómez 25%, Cavani 24%, Yilmaz 24%, Van Persie 23%, Lewandowski 22% C.Ronaldo 19%, Ibrahimovic 18%, Drogba 18%

Lenke til kommentar

Ronaldo ustabil? Ronaldo svinger i prestasjonene? Folk her inne slutter aldri å overraske.

Ustabil? Nei. Men føler han svinger mer i prestasjonene enn for eksempel Messi.

Guillem Balague for Sky Sports. Han er spansk så jeg forventer ikke at språk skal være perfekt.

Ronaldo er definitivt en mye mer komplett spiller enn Messi, men er dette synonymt med at han fortjener prisen mer enn Messi? Er dette viktigere enn prestasjoner på banen når du skal velge vinneren? På tross av visse begrensninger, synes jeg noen faktisk undervurderer noen av Messi sine kvaliteter. Ikke bare scorer han mål i hytt og pine, men han er også en fremragende ballfordeler i angrep, og er ofte nest eller tredje sist på ballen. Ja, Barcelona både avhenger og bruker Messi i nesten hvert eneste angrep, men han gjør jo jobben på en fremragende måte.

Jeg liker selv Ronaldo bedre enn rotta Messi, men synes ikke slik argumentasjon er tilstrekkelig. Skuffende å se at folk argumenterer med at andre ikke har fotballforståelse.

En ting til jeg reagerte på:

Another argument into why Ronaldo should win the Balon D'Or and not Messi is that although both players are great individuals, it is a team game. In terms of trophies, Real have had a much more successful 2012 than Barcelona.Although both clubs were defeated in the Champions League semi-finals, a Ronaldo-inspired Real Madrid lifted their first La Liga title since 2008 while Messi's Barcelona only lifted the Copa Del Rey.

Det med trofeer har jo faktisk blitt brukt mot Messi i en årrekke.

Endret av Bob Sacamano
Lenke til kommentar

Chance conversion rate (angrepsspillere nominert til årets lag):

Messi 33%, Falcao 31%, Agüero 26%, Huntelaar 26%, Mario Gómez 25%, Cavani 24%, Yilmaz 24%, Van Persie 23%, Lewandowski 22% C.Ronaldo 19%, Ibrahimovic 18%, Drogba 18%

Tenkte meg det. Nå er jo også spillestilen til Real og Barca ganske annerledes så det kan jo ha litt å si, men fakta er vel at Ronaldo trenger langt flere sjanser for å oppnå det samme.

Lenke til kommentar

En av grunnene til at jeg liker CR7 best, er at når han har ballen i beina vet du aldri hva han kan finne på.

Behold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaKSFeK3EXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7LDlf1sirE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHhzI5yEAcg

Han gjør fotball gøy å se på. Fra mitt ståsted syns jeg uendelig med 2-fotsdragninger å 3-kant-pasninger er ulidelig kjedelig.

On another note: Viasat har valgt bajsa vs benfica som hovedkamp... "Takk" viasat :roll:

• Liker 4
Lenke til kommentar
Lionel Messi Stats v Cristiano Ronaldo stats in 2012.

Lionel Messi

All comps: Apps: 23 / Goals: 30 / Assists: 8

La Liga: Apps: 15 / Goals: 23 / Assists: 5

CL: Apps: 6 / Goals: 5 / Assists: 3

Other: Apps: 2 / Goals: 2 / Assists: 0

All comps '12: Apps: 68 / Goals: 86 / Assists: 23

Cristiano Ronaldo

All comps: Apps: 23 / Goals: 20 / Assists: 2

La Liga: Apps: 15 / Goals: 13 / Assists: 2

CL: Apps: 6 / Goals: 6 / Assists: 1

Other: Apps: 2 / Goals: 2 / Assists: 0

All comps '12: Apps: 67 / Goals: 61 / Assists: 12

• Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...