Gå til innhold

Kamptråd - Manchester United vs Reading (FA-cupen)

Latias

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
* There are no injuries from midweek but Sir Alex will make changes for Monday night's FA Cup tie against Reading. "It's an incentive to get to the quarter-final. Whatever side I pick, I expect to qualify."

* Nothing will be taken for granted against a Reading side in decent form. "In the FA Cup, you always expect the unexpected."

* The centre-back situation involving Jonny Eans, Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic is being managed. "Three days after Everton was a risk," admits the boss regarding Vidic's non-involvement at the Bernabeu while Evans' consistency is praised.

* The manager does not expect goalkeepers to properly mature until their mid-twenties, although there are a few exceptions. Patience is preached for both David De Gea and also midfielder Tom Cleverley who is "an important member of our squad".

* Rotation will be the name of the game for the upcoming fixtures with Reading, QPR, Norwich and Real. "It's not easy to rotate but it has to be done. The biggest responsibility lies with myself in picking the right team."

“We've come through Wednesday's game without any injuries,” the boss told reporters. “That's the best thing, apart from the result of course. I'll make some changes for Monday night, even though it’s an incentive to get to the quarter-final. I don’t think that’s lost on any of the players.

"There's a good spirit in place and they're all contributing. Whatever side I pick we’re expected to qualify. That's what happens at United. Whatever team you play you’re always expected to win. I went to see Reading last week and they’re a team who are showing plenty of fighting qualities at the moment, as you’d expect given they’re down the bottom of the league.

"We'll take nothing for granted. In the FA Cup you always expect the unexpected. It happens so many times. You just hope you're not a casualty or a shock. We've had a few over the years. But I can't be more pleased than I am at the moment with the form and spirit in the place. It’s good."

Sir Alex also revealed that Paul Scholes is struggling with a knee injury and could be out for a couple of weeks.

"We're always patient with young players," stated Sir Alex during Friday's press conference. "We're patient with Tom Cleverley. We sent him out on loan on four different occasions and he's matured. Now he’s an important member of the squad. You have to show patience. If you think they have the ability then you have to be prepared to wait for that.

"Maturity helps [goalkeepers too]. There are very few goalkeepers who are the finished article at 20 years of age. There are some examples, like Gianluigi Buffon and Petr Cech. That's not always the case.

"Peter Schmeichel didn't join us until he was 27 and then gave us eight great years. Normally for goalkeepers it's the mid-20s until you get the finished article.

"A good performance helps everyone. It gives them confidence, there’s no doubt about that. It won’t change him. He [De Gea] is a down-to-earth boy.

"As for Danny, his goal won't do him any harm. He's not a boy who lacks confidence. He wasn't fazed by the occasion. It's a great boost for the younger players coming up behind him, those in the Academy like Danny was. He's been with us since the age of nine.

"It's great testament to the development work we do with young players. We had young Nick Powell and Adnan Januzaj in the Reserves on Monday and you say to yourself: 'These are definite Manchester United first-team players.'

"We can see that. They have outstanding qualities. They can see that in trusting us to map out their careers and help them and develop them then they can get to Danny’s level."

Hva slags lag håper vi på? Fergie sier at Powell er tilbake igjen etter skade, håper han er involvert. Ellers burde folk som Rafael, Evra, Carrick og van Persie henvises til benken.

Lenke til kommentar

Har SAF plutselig bestemt seg for at å rotere keeperar ikkje fungerer?

Forhåpentligvis. DDG er ung og rå, jo mer han får spille desto bedre for klubben. Virker som SAF har begynt å satse skikkelig på en double/treble, og godt er det. Håper bare at guttene ikke fucker det til i kveld.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...