Gå til innhold

Best GPS navigation software for Norway?

wedsew

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi!

For the beginning, I'd like to apologize for writing in English. The reason is, I don't know Norwegian at all. Sorry for that, but still asking for your help.

I'd like to visit Norway as a tourist, travelling by car. I'd like to use some car navigation software to help but I'm not sure which one. I'll be glad to hear some advices.

Please notice - I'm not asking about GPS device, but software only. If I knew the name of appropiate soft, I can pick right device for it.

Please recommend me good GPS navigation software from Norwegian point of view. I'm particularly interested in:

- good road coverage. I don't need 100% with all details, but up to date database.

- database of toll roads/toll station will be very nice but not neccessary (I have paper version yet).

- current and large database of POIs like campings/motels/hotels, gas stations, etc.

- good database of wi-fi hot-spot will be very appreciated...

I currently use, used before or just have experience with polish AutoMapa and MapMap software, also with TomTom and IGO8, seen PC Navigator 8 in action. All of them in Polish, Czech Republic and Germany, so I could not rate how these softwares behave on Norwegian roads.

Could you please give me some advice, which software should I choose for? I don't mean if it's free or payware, with free updates or fees.

Thank you in advance and greetings for Poland.

Andrzej.

P.S. I'm sorry if I've chosen wrong forum for my question. Please don't blame me (it's not easy if you don't know language) and eventually point me to the best one. Thanks!

Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

If you have a laptop computer with a GPS receiver, I would go for Map Factor`s "Navigator 11"

It`s very like TomTom, but in "larger proportions"

Map Factor also have a free version, but it is not a complete product.

An other good product for laptops, is "Map Point Europe 11" (Autoroute?)

This product is the very best for route planning.

Lenke til kommentar

You are in the right subforum if you are thinking of running this on a tablet, mobile, GPS unit or laptop.

As far as map go, they wither com from TeleAtlas or Navteq - as for the rest of Europe, there are hardly any other road map providers availible.

The thing you should be most concerned about, is the fact that basicly any GPS will sometimes guide you through a maze of small backwater tractor roads not suited for cars, and sometimes not even open for the public. So beware if your GPS suggests a very complicated and winding road with lots of twist and turns.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...