Gå til innhold

Inspirasjon eller plagiat? Hvor går grensa?

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Jeg tror det er viktig at vi får mer "kjøtt på beinet" her.

Artist Janine “Jah Jah” Gordon has filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York against photographer Ryan McGinley for copyright infringement, arguing that 150 of McGinley’s photographs, including several used in an ad campaign for Levi’s, a co-defendant in the suit, are “substantially based” on Gordon’s original work.

According to Gordon’s complaint, the trouble began nearly 10 years ago, when both Gordon and McGinley had exhibitions at the Whitney Museum of American Art -- Gordon in the 2002 Whitney Biennial, and McGinley in his break-through solo exhibition “The Kids Are Alright” the following year. McGinley’s proximity to Gordon’s work “during the preparation and display of the Whitney exhibition in which he participated,” her lawyer argues, gave him “total and complete access to view and examine the Gordon images featured in the 2002 Whitney Biennial.”

Both parties have also shown at the Schirn Kunsthalle in Frankfurt as well as at Ratio 3 gallery; Ratio 3 along with Peter Hay Halpert Fine Arts and Team Gallery, which show McGinley's photographs, are also defendants in the suit. Gordon's complaint alleges that the galleries “had the right, authority and ability to control or supervise McGinley’s actions, failures and omissions.”

McGinley’s guilt was compounded, at least in Gordon’s mind, in 2003, when she ran into him at a PS1 opening and he responded with “a fearful gasp and speedy retreat into the crowd,” according to the complaint.

(les videre, anbefales)

http://www.artnet.com/magazineus/news/corbett/ryan-mcginley-sued-for-copyright-violation7-11-11.asp

Som jeg ser det, så er dette en tynn sak fra Jah Jahs side, hun strekker i hvertfall definisjonen for hva som omfattes av kopirett veldig veldig langt.

Lenke til kommentar

Jeg synes ikke saken er SÅ dårlig. Man kan jo se at bildene bygger på samme ide, og at samme teknikk og komposisjon er benyttet. Uttrykket blir kopiert. I den grad disse forholdene er åndsverksbeskyttet, så ER de det. Og det er som kjent mange gode grunner til det.

Har ingen problemer med at en slik sak blir prøvet for rette.

Lenke til kommentar

Men selvsagt er det noen av eksemplene som er plagiat, (der ALT er identisk og redigert likt, "sort-hvit med det røde båndet" er et godt eksempel.

-frank

Øhh... "det røde båndet" i det første plagiateksemplet over er vel strengt tatt bare annoteringer som er gjort på bildene for å vise hva som hevdes å være likt med de to bildene... :D

Er forresten enig i at det hadde vært kult å lage et sånt bilde der fyren som faller har et rødt skjerf som legger seg akkurat sånn langs armen. Ville det vært plagiat?

Lenke til kommentar
  • Opprett ny...