Gå til innhold

Generell diskusjon rundt nettstedet Wikileaks og dets talsmann Julian Assange

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

Svenska Dagbladet og Aftenposten har fått innsyn til de ennå ikke publiserte dokumentene og har analysert stoffet. Norge blir omtalt i lite flatterende ordelag:

USA-ambassadører: Norge naive og uhjelpsomme (Fra NRK)

USA: Norges politikk truer våre nære bånd (Aftenposten)

Talsmann ved USAs ambassade, Tim Moore, gir likevel en generell uttalelse etter at Aftenposten tirsdag avslørte at ambassaden gjentatte ganger har beskrevet forholdet til Norge i negative vendinger.

- Norsk-amerikanske forbindelser strekker seg over mange temaer og tiår, og kan ikke reduseres til enkeltsetninger tatt ut av sammenhengen. Vår felles historie, felles verdier og felles oppgaver rundt om i verden er en bedre indikator på innholdet i forholdet mellom våre to land, skriver Moore i en pressemelding.

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/uriks/wikileaks/article3949187.ece

Lenke til kommentar

Når kondomsaken blir avklart håper jeg virkelig ikke at Julian bare dropper saken, men at han går til anmeldelse av et par svenske damer som bør få skikkelig straff. De har ødelagt tilliten til de som virkelig har blitt voldtatt.

Så du er helt sikker på at han er uskyldig!?

Endret av Glimti
Lenke til kommentar

Når kondomsaken blir avklart håper jeg virkelig ikke at Julian bare dropper saken, men at han går til anmeldelse av et par svenske damer som bør få skikkelig straff. De har ødelagt tilliten til de som virkelig har blitt voldtatt.

Så du er helt sikker på at han er uskyldig!?

Man kan ikke fengsle folk bare fordi noen hevder et eller annet. Han har jo vært til avhør i Sverige allerede. Skjønner ikke hva "helt sikker" har med noe som helst å gjøre.

Forresten: Kan du slutte å spamme forumet? Du har gjentatt den samme informasjonen som andre har postet to ganger på de to siste sidene.

Lenke til kommentar

Julian Assange løslates mot kausjon:

Kausjonen er satt til 200.000 pund (nesten 1,9 millioner kroner), og Assange må også gi fra seg passet sitt, gå med et elektronisk fotarmbånd og overholde portforbud.

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/uriks/wikileaks/article3949060.ece

Tror ikke han er løslatt. Var noe med at svenske påtalemyndigheter har 48 timer på å anke.

Skulle de gjøre det, fremstår de i allefall som utrolig smålige :thumbdown:

I tillegg til det som er nevnt av restriksjoner over her, så har han også iflg. betingelsene meldeplikt kl.18.00 hver dag.

Lenke til kommentar

Hva er egentlig vitsen med å betale den kausjonen??

Skal de ikke utlevere han til sverige uansett da?

Jo han skal til Sverige uansett.

Er velk bare det at hvis ikke forbrytelsen du er siktet for er for alvorlig, så kan man liksom "nyte" friheten i påvente av neste skritt.

Assange kunne forsåvidt allerede vært i Sverige hvis han ikke hadde motsatt seg utlevering. Men forstår godt ar han klorer seg fast lengt mulig i UK, i det minste så rekker han å få mest mulig blest om tiltalen/saken før han evt. havner i svensk fengsel

Lenke til kommentar

Det varierer fra land til land, står en del om det på Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bail

England and Wales

History

In medieval England, the sheriffs originally possessed the sovereign authority to release or hold suspected criminals. Some sheriffs would exploit the bail for their own gain. The Statute of Westminster (1275) limited the discretion of sheriffs with respect to the bail. Although sheriffs still had the authority to fix the amount of bail required, the statute stipulates which crimes are bailable and which are not.

In the early 17th century, King Charles I ordered noblemen to issue him loans. Those who refused were imprisoned. Five of the prisoners filed a habeas corpus petition arguing that they should not be held indefinitely without trial or bail. In the Petition of Right (1628) Parliament argued that the King had flouted Magna Carta by imprisoning people without just cause.

The Habeas Corpus Act 1679 states, "A Magistrate shall discharge prisoners from their Imprisonment taking their Recognizance, with one or more Surety or Sureties, in any Sum according to the Magistrate's discretion, unless it shall appear that the Party is committed for such Matter or offences for which by law the Prisoner is not bailable." The English Bill of Rights (1689) states that "excessive bail hath been required of persons committed in criminal cases, to elude the benefit of the laws made for the liberty of the subjects. Excessive bail ought not to be required." This was a precursor of the Eighth Amendment to the US Constitution.

[edit] Forms

In the UK there are three types of bail that can be given:[1]

* Police bail where a suspect is released without being charged but must return to the police station at a given time.

* Police to court where having been charged a suspect is given bail but must attend his first court hearing at the date and Court given

* Court bail where having already been in court a suspect is granted bail pending further investigation or while the case continues

[edit] By police before charge

Under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, the police have power to release a person, who has not been charged, on bail. This is deemed to be a release on bail in accordance with sections 3, 3A, 5 and 5A of the Bail Act 1976.[2]

[edit] By police after charge

After a person has been charged, he must ordinarily be released, on bail or without bail.[3] Unless the accused has a previous conviction (or equivalents in cases of insanity) for certain specified homicide or sexual offences,[4] the accused must be released either on bail or without bail unless:[3]

(a) If the person arrested is not an arrested juvenile

(i) His name or address cannot be ascertained or the custody officer has reasonable grounds for doubting whether a name or address furnished by him as his name or address is his real name or address;

(ii) The custody officer has reasonable grounds for believing that the person arrested will fail to appear in court to answer to bail;

(iii) In the case of a person arrested for an imprisonable offence, the custody officer has reasonable grounds for believing that the detention of the person arrested is necessary to prevent him from committing an offence;

(iiia) In the case of a person who has attained the age of 18, the custody officer has reasonable grounds for believing that the detention of the person is necessary to enable a sample to be taken from him under section 63B below]

(iv) In the case of a person arrested for an offence that is not an imprisonable offence, the custody officer has reasonable grounds for believing that the detention of the person arrested is necessary to prevent him from causing physical injury to any other person or from causing loss of or damage to property;

(v) The custody officer has reasonable grounds for believing that the detention of the person arrested is necessary to prevent him from interfering with the administration of justice or with the investigation of offences or of a particular offence

(vi) The custody officer has reasonable grounds for believing that the detention of the person arrested is necessary for his own protection

(b) If he is an arrested juvenile,

(i) Any of the requirements of paragraph (a) above is satisfied

(ii) The custody officer has reasonable grounds for believing that he ought to be detained in his own interests

If he is granted bail it will be bail to appear at a Magistrates' Court at the next available sitting.[2]

[edit] By a court

[edit] Rights

Under current law, a defendant has an absolute right to bail if the custody time limits have expired and otherwise ordinarily a right to bail unless there is sufficient reason not to grant it,[5]

Any person accused of committing a crime is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Therefore a person charged with a crime, should not be denied freedom unless there is a good reason.

The main reasons for refusing bail are that the defendant is accused of an imprisonable offence and there are substantial grounds for believing that the defendant would:

1. Abscond

2. Commit further offences whilst on bail

3. Interfere with witnesses[5]

The court should take into account the:

1. Nature and seriousness of the offence or default (and the probable method of dealing with the defendant for it)

2. Character, antecedents, associations and community ties of the defendant,

3. Defendant's bail record, and

4. Strength of the evidence[5]

The court may also refuse bail:

* For the defendant's own protection

* Where the defendant is already serving a custodial sentence for another offence

* Where the court is satisfied that it has not been practicable to obtain sufficient information

* Where the defendant has already absconded in the present proceedings

* Where the defendant has been convicted but the court is awaiting a pre-sentence report, other report or inquiry and it would be impracticable to complete the inquiries or make the report without keeping the defendant in custody

* Where the defendant is charged with a non-imprisonable offence, has already been released on bail for the offence with which he is now accused, and has been arrested for absconding or breaching bail[5]

Where the accused has previous convictions for certain homicide or sexual offences, the burden of proof is on the defendant to rebut a presumption against bail.[6]

The Criminal Justice Act 2003 amended the Bail Act 1976 restricting the right to bail for adults who tested positive for a Class A drug and refused to be assessed or refused to participate in recommended treatment[7]

Where a defendant is charged with treason, bail may only be granted by a High Court judge or by the Secretary of State.[8] Section 115 of the Coroners and Justice Act 2009 prohibits magistrates' courts from granting bail in murder cases.[9]

[edit] Conditions

Conditions may be applied to the grant of bail, such as living at a particular address or having someone act as surety, if the court considers that this is necessary:

* To prevent the defendant absconding

* To prevent the defendant committing further offences whilst on bail

* To prevent the defendant interfering with witnesses

* For the defendant's own protection (or if he is a child or young person, for his own welfare or in his own interests)[5]

[edit] Failure to comply

Failing to attend court on time as required is an offence, for which the maximum sentence in a magistrates' court is three months' imprisonment, or twelve months in the Crown Court.[10] (Sentences are usually much shorter than the maximum, but are often custody.) In addition to imposing punishment for this offence, courts will often revoke bail as they may not trust the defendant again. The amended Consolidated Criminal Practice Direction states (at paragraph 1.13.5) that "the sentence for the breach of bail should usually be custodial and consecutive to any other custodial sentence".[11]

Failing to comply with bail conditions is not an offence, but may lead to the defendant being arrested and brought back to court, where they will be remanded into custody unless the court is satisfied that they will comply with their conditions in future.

Lenke til kommentar

Talsmann ved USAs ambassade, Tim Moore, gir likevel en generell uttalelse etter at Aftenposten tirsdag avslørte at ambassaden gjentatte ganger har beskrevet forholdet til Norge i negative vendinger.

- Norsk-amerikanske forbindelser strekker seg over mange temaer og tiår, og kan ikke reduseres til enkeltsetninger tatt ut av sammenhengen. Vår felles historie, felles verdier og felles oppgaver rundt om i verden er en bedre indikator på innholdet i forholdet mellom våre to land, skriver Moore i en pressemelding.

Tja, må si at det ville vært fint om sjefens hans nevnte dette i rapportene som han sender til USA av og til - bortsett fra å si at Norge er en solid NATO alliert av USA, har Benson K. Whitney og Barry White overtolket* noen små saker og tolket det på en måte som fremstiller Norge som et land som vil distansere seg fra USA noe som er urinpreik for å si det mildt (og står sterkt i kontrast med utspillet om at Norge er en "solid Nato alliert").

Uansett det er kommet flere detaljer om dokumentene som omhandler Norge, konkret sett FRP:

Amerikansk ambassadør: - Frp er vår beste venn

– Våre forsøk, gjennom flere år, på å dyrke nær kontakt, har gitt valuta for pengene, skriver Whitney, ifølge WikiLeaks-dokumenteter

NRK

*man lurer på om overtolkningen skyldes at begge ambassadørene har samme innstillingen mot allierte slik som russere har.

Lenke til kommentar

Dersom påtalemyndigheten i Sverige er styrt utefra, hvordan skjer det?

Kommer det en telefon? Eller dukker det opp en fyr på et morgenmøte?

Blir vell ministere/alt det politiker styret som får brev/telefoner med gud hvet hvem, som sier noe. dem gir det videre osv.

eller det kan jo være en mann med hatt, svart frakk og briller som viser noe i øret til politisjefen :)

Lenke til kommentar

TIME sin "Man of The Year", som for øvrig er en ganske pretisjefull tittel, ble offentliggjort i dag.

For to dager siden publiserte TIME Magazine denne artikkelen om den offentlige avstemningen, hvor det slås fast at Julian Assange helt klart er den folket vil ha. Han ledet suverent, med mer stemmer enn både 2. og 3. plassen kombinert!

Alikevel bestemmer redaksjonen seg for at Julian Assange er uaktuell som Man of The Year, og velger heller Mark Zuckerbeg, grunnleggeren av Facebook. Man of The Year skal være en mann som har vært en kilde til inspirasjon i året som har gått. Personlig synes jeg det er svært vanskelig å finne ut nøyaktig hvorfor Zuckerberg har vært en kilde til inspirasjon i 2010. Hva har han gjort?

I 2008, da Facebook virkelig fikk sitt globale gjenombrudd kunne jeg sett meg enig, men i år? Nei. I år er det soleklart Julian Assange som er årets mann. Dette er en mann som har snudd opp ned på alt det vi trodde om vestlige statsorganer og ikke minst om "fri presse". INGEN fortjener tittelen mer en ham.

Den egentlige grunnen til at TIME "valgte" Zuckerberg er en helt annen sak, men behøves ikke å diskuteres, da det ikke er av betydning - valget var feil.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...