Gå til innhold

Ye Olde Premier League Pub

Latias

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

http://www.refereedecisions.co.uk/how-the-refs-treated-man-u-last-season/

There is no denying the fact that Manchester United had a clearly positive bias from the refs in general. If you want to deny it be my guest and go through all the 32 games and point at where we are wrong in our numbers. It is in the open and you can check each decision.

In fact those few games when the ref made mistakes that went against United they dropped points. And maybe that is the best indication of them all that shows how important the refs can be.

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Marseille midfielder Joey Barton has labelled Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez a "mercenary", suggesting the striker represents "what's wrong with modern players".

The Argentine forward endured a controversial 2011-12 campaign, being placed on gardening leave by Roberto Mancini for failing to warm up during a Champions League before returning to lead the club to the Premier League title.

However, Barton - currently on loan from QPR - feels Tevez's behaviour cannot be defended, and also suggests his own 12-match ban was harsh in relation to John Terry and Luis Suarez punishment for using racist language.

"Tevez? He's a mercenary", Barton told The Times.

"You can't really back him. Sure, I'm a hoodlum, I've got into scrapes - but Tevez is someone who in the last six months has gone on strike, gone off to Argentina to play golf, tried to get himself sacked.

"If that's not the epitome of what's wrong with modern players, I don't know what is. And don't forget, Tevez punched me first."

The 30-year-old midfielder clashed with Tevez and other players during QPR's final game of the season against Manchester City, and received a 12-match ban for his dismissal and violent conduct during the incident.

And Barton believes the FA were unduly harsh on him, citing long bans other players have received as evidence for the severity of his punishment.

“The FA charged me for separate offences that took place in the same 25-second sequence," he added.

"Yet Pablo Mills [banned for six games for fighting while with Crawley Town] threw a number of punches but was charged for one offence. Paolo Di Canio [banned for 11 games in 1998 while playing for Sheffield Wednesday] fights a player, gets sent off, pushes the referee over, raises his hands to Nigel Winterburn...

"In the cold light of day, no-one was dead. Aguero got a dead leg. It self-evidently didn't affect him because 20 minutes later he was scoring the winner. Tevez and Kompany were fine."

Barton thinks the FA have harmed themselves with the length of his ban in relation to the punishments handed down to John Terry and Luis Suarez, both found guilty of using racist language on the football pitch.

"I think the FA reckoned I'd appeal and they could make it nine games," he continued. "Maybe by not appealing I won a small, perverse victory. Because it makes them look bad. John Terry got four games. Luis Suarez eight. So I'm Terry plus Suarez?

"What it says is, if I'd racially abused the City players I'd have got a lot less than for 30 seconds of the red mist descending. What message does that send to kids? Where does that leave 'Kick Racism Out Of Football'?"

Er det én ting Barton skal ha for så er det at han alltid prater rett fra levra. Har han et poeng? Var 12 kamper for mye sammenlignet med de andre situasjonene han nevner?

Lenke til kommentar

Kan sikkert slenge det inn her og, siden det har vært flere som har vært interesserte i saken.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

John Terry will NOT appeal against the four-game ban and £220,000 fine from the FA for racially abusing QPR's Anton Ferdinand #bbcfootball

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

John Terry statement: "After careful consideration, I have decided not to appeal against the FA judgment...." #bbcfootball

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

"...I want to apologise to everyone for the language I used in the game against Queens Park Rangers last October..." - John Terry

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

"I accept that the language I used....is not acceptable on the football field or indeed in any walk of life" - John Terry #bbcfootball

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

"I will continue to do my part in assisting the club to remove all types of discriminatory behaviour" - John Terry #bbcfootball

Lenke til kommentar

Nei. Her er hele greia:

“After careful consideration, I have decided not to appeal against the FA judgment.

“I want to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone for the language I used in the game against Queens Park Rangers last October.

“Although I'm disappointed with the FA judgement, I accept that the language I used, regardless of the context, is not acceptable on the football field or indeed in any walk of life.

“As I stated in the criminal case, with the benefit of hindsight my language was clearly not an appropriate reaction to the situation for someone in my position.

“My response was below the level expected by Chelsea Football Club, and by me, and it will not happen again.

“Looking forward, I will continue to do my part in assisting the club to remove all types of discriminatory behaviour from football.

“I am extremely grateful for the consistent support of Chelsea FC, the fans and my family.”

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...