Gå til innhold

filosofiske tanker

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse
ikke de mest filosofiske tankene jeg har hørt akkurat...

men oppsiktsvekkende sammenheng mellom MAC-adresse og word-dokumenter.

eh ja! farsken dette viste jeg ikke..

(for dere late som ikke gidder å lese hele greia)

"Windows 98 has a "bug" that allows Microsoft to read your hardware and software configuration across the Internet. One of Microsoft's managers, Robert Bennet, said "If it's really so, we would have to fix it." Although a press release which denies any improper behavior has been available for some time on Microsoft's site, there is still no patch. Added to that a unique identifier is stored in MS-Office documents. The claim by Microsoft is that these are unrelated and "it is impossible to use this unique identifier to determine which PC user created any given document. The Office 97 identifier is unrelated to the Windows registration process, and these two numbering systems never converge. "

Since both are based on the MAC address of your Ethernet card both parts of that statement are not true. First, if you are registered with Microsoft using Windows 98 and create a document using MS-Word 97 there is an immediate 1:1 association between your registration information and that Word document. Less than ten minutes before I wrote this, I created a word document. The unique identifier is:

{ 6 1 C D A 9 E 0 - E 1 4 F - 1 1 D 2 - A F C 4 - 0 0 A 0 2 4 A 1 F 2 A A }

The MAC address on my Ethernet card is 0 0 A 0 2 4 A 1 F 2 A A. This has also been verified by several other sources, so it cannot be a coincidence. Since the unique identifier in the MS-Word document is based on the same number as the unique identified for your hardware information, it is flat out untrue that "these two numbering systems never converge." Do you really want to buy software from a company that makes such blatantly untrue statements?"

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...