Gå til innhold

HD DVD og Blu-ray-titler: hva skjer i HD-verden

Dragoncrest

Anbefalte innlegg

Det tar lang tid før markedet øker med denne ødeleggende formatkrigen. Det er forvirring og usikkerhet, og folk kjenner ikke godt nok til fordelene med å oppgradere.

Dette er studioene nylig uttalt seg enige i (studio roundtable til CES 2008):

Steve Einhorn, New Line

"Dueling formats have restrained our ability to launch large-scale, industry wide marketing initiatives"

Ron Sanders, Warner

"Unfortunately, the dueling formats created an information logjam in what should have been our conversation with consumers."

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/questex/hom123007/ Page 9 continues on page 12

Her er for øvrig også en god artikkel fra salgsstedenes ståsted:

A retail perspective on the format war

Recently, Best Buy has reconfigured their high-definition software areas to either a 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 Blu-ray Disc vs. HD-DVD split, depending on the store's sales. Typically, this is now filling around a full aisle on both sides. Given the number of units that high-definition media is currently shifting, it's unlikely they will be willing to expand past this aisle in the near future. So now that the Christmas shopping season is over, they'll have to start making a choice: Which format is going to start losing shelf space?
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse
Å javisst, og de tallene er lagt opp mange, mange ganger av undertegnede. Men jeg kan vel gjøre jobben å quote meg selv:

De fleste av oss er ute etter et format som er levedyktig.

Blu-ray har hatt en 2:1 ledelse over HD DVD i USA i hele 2007. Tidvis har ledelsen vært under dobbelt så mange discer selvsagt, men tidvis også oppe på 3:1 (*senest for et par uker siden). 'Pirates' Leads Blu-ray to Decisive Weekly Win Over HD DVD

Kort sagt - Blu-ray leder.

Tatt i betraktning at forholdet (i Blurays favør) har variert mellom 62/38 og 61/39 mesteparten av det siste kvartalet (i de siste 11 ukene, 61/39 de siste tre) må det være mer enn senest for et par uker siden forholdet var på i nærheten av 3:1.

Tror alle ville være tjent med at man brukte noenlunde nøyaktige prosenttall framfor de ganske grove avrundingene som tidvis brukes.

Prosenttallene per forrige uke (alle i blå favør):

Uken: 61/39

Året så langt (dvs minus siste uke): 65/35

Siden starten/lansering av HD DVD: 68/32

Siste uke av 2007 (tallene lagt fram i går) ga også 61/39, men om volumet var stort nok til å endre snittet for året/siden starten nevneverdig har jeg ikke sett detaljer om.

Lenke til kommentar

Og fra thedigitalbits.com:

It's no bullshit, folks. We've confirmed it. Warner IS going Blu-ray Disc exclusive. Here is their official press release:

WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT TO RELEASE ITS HIGH-DEFINITION DVD TITLES EXCLUSIVELY IN THE BLU-RAY DISC FORMAT BEGINNING LATER THIS YEAR

Decision Made in Response to Strong Consumer Preference for Format

(January 4, 2008 - Burbank, CA) - In response to consumer demand, Warner Bros. Entertainment will release its high-definition DVD titles exclusively in the Blu-ray disc format beginning later this year, it was announced today by Barry Meyer, Chairman & CEO, Warner Bros. and Kevin Tsujihara, President, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group.

"Warner Bros.' move to exclusively release in the Blu-ray disc format is a strategic decision focused on the long term and the most direct way to give consumers what they want," said Meyer. "The window of opportunity for high-definition DVD could be missed if format confusion continues to linger. We believe that exclusively distributing in Blu-ray will further the potential for mass market success and ultimately benefit retailers, producers, and most importantly, consumers."

Warner Home Video will continue to release its titles in standard DVD format and Blu-ray. After a short window following their standard DVD and Blu-ray releases, all new titles will continue to be released in HD DVD until the end of May 2008.

"Warner Bros. has produced in both high-definition formats in an effort to provide consumer choice, foster mainstream adoption and drive down hardware prices," said Jeff Bewkes, President and Chief Executive Officer, Time Warner Inc., the parent company of Warner Bros. Entertainment. "Today's decision by Warner Bros. to distribute in a single format comes at the right time and is the best decision both for consumers and Time Warner."

"A two-format landscape has led to consumer confusion and indifference toward high definition, which has kept the technology from reaching mass adoption and becoming the important revenue stream that it can be for the industry," said Tsujihara. "Consumers have clearly chosen Blu-ray, and we believe that recognizing this preference is the right step in making this great home entertainment experience accessible to the widest possible audience. Warner Bros. has worked very closely with the Toshiba Corporation in promoting high definition media and we have enormous respect for their efforts. We look forward to working with them on other projects in the future."

# # #

Blu-ray now has 70% exclusive access to Hollywood studio content. Didn't we say this format war would finally end in 2008? Not a moment too soon as far as we're concerned. You can't say we didn't warn you, folks.

Lenke til kommentar

Spekulerende som jeg er av natur fikk dette meg til å tenke på noe. Om Blu-ray som format nå vinner krigen fullstendig og HD DVD-produksjon og salg legges flatt, vil ikke vi da oppnå et enormt prisfall og muligheten for å kunne plukke med seg svært lukerative titler i HD DVD-format?

Lenke til kommentar
Går vel ikke over til 100% BD før i Mai eller noe i den duren?

Mulig det, men det står ikke helt i stil med følgende:

We believe that exclusively distributing in Blu-ray will further the potential for mass market success and ultimately benefit retailers, producers, and most importantly, consumers."

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...