Gå til innhold
Trenger du skole- eller leksehjelp? Still spørsmål her ×

Hjelp meg med engelskoversettning.

Anbefalte innlegg

Blacks and civil rights

Throughhout American history, blacks have been economically worse of than whiters. The abolition of slavery during the 1860s, did nt abolish prejudice and the inequality of opportunity that continued to hinder blacks from partaking in the American Dream. Many southern states separated blacks from whites in schools and other public ares. Blacks found themselves unweolcome in white neighboarhoods and places of business and hired for work whites didn't want.

A black struggle for equel treatment nd opportunity began in the 1950s and became known as the civil rights movement. At first the movement was characterized by non-violent actions such as promorting black voter registration, enrolment in white schools, the boycotting of segregated businesses or sit-ins in all white cafeterias. Led by Martin Luthr King Jr., the movement climaxed with a March on Washington in 1963, where 200000 backs and whites gathered at the Lincoln memorial to hear his «i have a dream» speech. Congress responded by passing extensive civil rights legislation in 1964 and 1965.

Not all blacks felt that equality could be achieved through peaceful measures. From 1965- 1967 sevarol major cities were the scene of rioting. In the 60s and 70s a black nationalist movement emerged that encouraged blacks to take pride in their black ancestry through slogans like «Black power» and «Black is beautiful».

Blacks still are over-represented among the poor, but they are now much visible and more videly respected. There is a growing black middle class and blacks have moved into prominent positions in government.

Takk til den som oversetter denne tekseten for meg. TAAAAKKKK!!!

Endret av Nohcho
Lenke til kommentar
Videoannonse
Annonse

Første avsnitt:

Gjennom Amerikansk historie, har de svartes økonomiske kår vært dårligere enn de hvites. Avskaffingen av slaveriet i løpet av 1860- årene, avskaffet ikke fordommene og forskjellsbehandlingen som fortsatte å forhindre de svarte fra å delta i "den amerikanske drømmen". Mange sørlige stater separerte svarte fra hvite på skoler og andre offentlige steder. De svarte fant seg selv uvelkomne i hvite nabolag og arbeidslokaler og hyrte/søkte etter jobber som de hvite ikke ønsket å ha.

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...