Gå til innhold

Only black and white with Zepto 2002 Tv-out

Anbefalte innlegg

Videoannonse
Annonse

The most common reason to this problem is that the computer is set to NTSC video-system. If you play NTSC on norwegian (or other european TVs) it will usually display black/white video. (some TVs have NTSC support though).

Solution: Set TV-out to PAL-B or PAL-G in the settings option for the TV-out.

Zepto uses Geforce 4, so you will find these settings under the TwinView-setting in Display Properities....

Good Luck

Lenke til kommentar

NTSC-PAL, the first thing I checked (had some problem with ntsc-coded mpeg files b4 :wink:

As for Zepto,s tv-out, supposedly (well, according to the tv-out-to-scart cable), the computer's tv-out provides both signals, which are then combined and fed to scart. Quite probably, the reason why I keep getting black-and white picture ;( Another problem is that this particular geforce4 has tv-chip nobody has been able to write any drivers for.

Would really appreciate if those who managed to get a color pic care to tell me about their setup.

Lenke til kommentar

Well, how many TV's have you tried to connect to?

I've got an ancient Grundig (prolly' 20yrs) which doesn't take the S-Video-->Scart color conversion.

First I had a GF2 MX400 card which I needed a small condensator as I had the Chrontel chip...(used a 470pf 3volt)

svhs_adr_ch700x.jpg

Instead of going to a composite end piece, I made it Scart using _only_ the composite pins (#20 + 21(GRND)) (think the S-Video->Scart uses #15+20)

conn_scartm.gif

Check here for the full overview, it's nice to add sound when your first at it, I don't have a remote on my PC...

Now I've got ATi, not problems at all :grin:

Keep us updated...(if you've got B&W and the picture is crisp clean, I find it unlikely to be the drivers)

edit: problem pasting link

[ Denne Melding var redigert av: JoKr på 2002-08-13 17:45 ]

Lenke til kommentar
  • 3 uker senere...

Thanks for info, ppl! Latest update: I went from black-and-white to just black ;-(

After a trip to a conference (treated my laptop as a basket of eggs laid by calcium-deficient hens) the tv screen just flickers and remains solidly black when I click on "Apply" in the "Clone" mode. What the f**k is going on?

PS While it lasted thw b/w picture was pretty clean.

<font class=editedby>[ Denne Melding var redigert av: Wolfsbane68 på 2002-09-03 10:31 ]</font>

[ Denne Melding var redigert av: Wolfsbane68 på 2002-09-03 10:33 ]

Lenke til kommentar

This PC (Zepto 2002) has a special tv-out cable according to Zepto. It's an Asian standard. The problem with black and white is both a problem with regional settings as mentioned, but also a problem with the connection cable itself. Zepto told me that pulling the cable just a bit out (not disconnect - not fully connected) might help.

Lenke til kommentar

That depends from TV-set to TV-set. This is how I do it:

1) Plug the laptop into my TV by using one of the A/V scart-plugs.

2) Set the TV to the channel where you see your computer (most likely AV1, AV2, AV3 or something like that).

3) Read the manual for your tv set to see how you can set it to S-Video. I press this strange button with " f [...]" on it multiple times, until the choice where I can choose S-Video pops up on the screen. Change, and your're all set.

Good luck :smile:

Lenke til kommentar

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...